Voting - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What is everyone voting today? 

I'm in Falkirk East and have very uninspiring constituency candidate options. Will probably vote for Angus McDonald of the SNP as the least-bad option. 

My list vote will be going to the Scottish Green Party.  

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably similar here in Renfrewshire. Although I think George Adam has been a decent constituency MSP.

Has flyposting on lampposts been banned? You wouldn't know anything is happening today.

Although when the Record has a big picture of Nicola Sturgeon on the front page you know it's a formality...

2 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Probably similar here in Renfrewshire. Although I think George Adam has been a decent constituency MSP.

Has flyposting on lampposts been banned? You wouldn't know anything is happening today.

Although when the Record has a big picture of Nicola Sturgeon on the front page you know it's a formality...

Probably a good idea to do away with the placards on the lampposts. Must have been a right pain in the arse for the council workies that had to clear hundreds of them away after every election. Loads of them always seemed to get ditched in woodland or people's gardens too.

And it's both votes SNP fae me !

10 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Probably a good idea to do away with the placards on the lampposts. Must have been a right pain in the arse for the council workies that had to clear hundreds of them away after every election. Loads of them always seemed to get ditched in woodland or people's gardens too.

And it's both votes SNP fae me !

Thought it was up to the individual parties to clear up after the election?

Anyway we could always get Paul O'Kane's father to clear up after the vote.

http://archive.is/mSufn

Got to say I prefer the placards as it gives a bit of atmosphere in the run up to the vote.

SNP x 2 for me.

Edited by antidote

2 minutes ago, antidote said:

Thought it was up to the individual parties to clear up after the election?

Anyway we could always get Paul O'Kane's father to clear up after the vote.

http://archive.is/mSufn

Got to say I prefer the placards as it gives a bit of atmosphere in the run up to the vote.

SNP x 2 for me.

:lol: :lol: :ok:

Falkirk West for me. SNP on constituency and Green on the list.

Getting utterly fed up with SNP fanbois on Twitter moralising that it has to be both votes SNP. F*** off. Im an SNP member and if they want me to vote twice for them and remain a member, they better up their game. Pointing the finger at me as if I've got two heads is the worst way possible to persuade me to stay a member/supporter.

11 minutes ago, deecie said:

They've moved my poling station closer to my house.

Both votes Tory.

Voting Tory is like saying: Keep lying to me. Keep screwing me over. Keep transferring my money to your mates' pockets. I love it!

22 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

No SNP choice for London Mayor sadly...

Just add Nicola Sturgeon to the ballot paper anyway, that's what I'm planning to do for Thames Valley PCC. 

SNP x 2 for me (Dennis Robertson in the constituency).

Compared to 2011, a very low key campaign all round and expect a record low turnout.

Have a feeling the SNP will fall a couple of seats short of a majority.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Plenty of that still going on in the North for some reason. In Aviemore and  Dornoch areas nearly every lampost is bedecked in some way or another. Not seen any in the central belt.

A bit peculiar really.....

3 minutes ago, scot scotland scottish said:

Plenty of that still going on in the North for some reason. In Aviemore and  Dornoch areas nearly every lampost is bedecked in some way or another. Not seen any in the central belt.

A bit peculiar really.....

It's up to the local authorities whether political signs are allowed on lampposts.  Most have banned them.

I think the sentiment of the opening post applies to me. will probably vote snp - not because I am convinced but as a least bad option. probably greens as second.

Had a labour boy at the door yesterday - usually miss them but I was working from home yesterday. It was a fun interaction. Live in Edinburgh south so I think he thought I was a banker.

He didn't look too happy when I said I used to vote labour but never would again following their behaviour in the referendum. He really didn't have an answer to that.

39 minutes ago, min said:

Compared to 2011, a very low key campaign all round and expect a record low turnout.

Given the recent political re-engagement in Scotland I'd doubt that the turnout will fall below the 49% low of 2003...

I knew there was a vote coming up, but only found out it was today yesterday when an old dear in the post office was giving me a weather report.

It's like we've all stopped giving a shit about politics again.

4 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Given the recent political re-engagement in Scotland I'd doubt that the turnout will fall below the 49% low of 2003...

Only 50% of the people in my house even know there is an election today (25% if you count kids).

Admittedly that's a pretty smal sample size.

:lol:

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Aye, Labour controlled Councils banned posting on lamposts a wee while ago..  they realised they have no one to put them up or take them doon.

10 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Yep - The Rangers Yoons will be out in their droves to vote Tory

The media has put in a concerted effort into making folk believe the turnout will be low and that there is no point in voting as the SNP are a shoe in

11 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

postal votes are running at around 65% Turnout ..  However they are usually higher.