Voting - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

7 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

Well again that depends on the economic conditions at the time of the vote. A vote for independence today would result in billions of pounds of cuts which could result in the destruction of public services. If economic conditions are similar at the time of another referendum, putting all eggs in the basket of a party who's governments haven't had public services as a priority could be an own goal, even among moderates. 

If the SNP of the next 5 years are propped up by the greens, I don't think Swinney will get his budgets passed in their default form which in itself would be a good thing, and certainly wouldn't damage any future independence arguments.

The greens who want to tax higher earners at 60%.
Do you know how easy it is to not pay tax at all at that level?

Then what happens, the Scottish government losses tax revenues.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, antidote said:

You seem to have voted for the tories who are hell bent on privatising the NHS, but criticise the SNP for doing a good job on our NHS.

That's just lazy, you've made absolutely no definition of a "good job." 

As you've focussed on privatisation.  Private spending in the Scottish NHS has increased year on year, even under the SNP, in fact private spending was double last year than what it was in the year 2000.  Job satisfaction within the NHS has also decreased year on year, hitting an all time low in 2013 and continuing to decrease the past 2 years.

13 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

As you've focussed on privatisation.  Private spending in the Scottish NHS has increased year on year, even under the SNP, in fact private spending was double last year than what it was in the year 2000.  Job satisfaction within the NHS has also decreased year on year, hitting an all time low in 2013 and continuing to decrease the past 2 years.

There has always been private spending in the SNHS, look at when Labour were in power and if that helps to get waiting times down...well so be it.

Who did the survey on job satisfaction? The red tory union supporters by chance?

Try A&E waiting times.

Edited by antidote

2 minutes ago, antidote said:

The greens who want to tax higher earners at 60%.
Do you know how easy it is to not pay tax at all at that level?

Then what happens, the Scottish government losses tax revenues.

In fairness, a loose arrangement with the Greens doesnt have to mean this. Im hoping the Greens could persuade the SNP to be more radical on land reform and local taxation. To me, that would be a great "price" for an SNP minority government. There are benefits to an informal arrangement where the SNP let the Greens lead on risky issues, minimising the inevitable blow back in the media were the SNP to make such proposals. It's also about time we afforded the likes of Harvie et al more prominence in Scottish politics so that if/when another referendum comes around, they have greater credibility with the electorate. We either want to grow an independence majority at Holyrood or we don't - give or take a couple of SNP seats here and there, the SNP vote is exhausted and we should be looking to maximise the independence vote in other ways.

There has always been private spending in the SNHS, look at when Labour were in power and if that helps to get waiting times down...well so be it.

So you bemoan privatisation when it's your opponents and then defend it when it's your own...

Who did the survey on job satisfaction? The red tory union supporters by chance?

The NHS survey 10,000 of their own staff every year...  The survey is commissioned by the Scottish Government.

3 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

In fairness, a loose arrangement with the Greens doesnt have to mean this. Im hoping the Greens could persuade the SNP to be more radical on land reform and local taxation. To me, that would be a great "price" for an SNP minority government. There are benefits to an informal arrangement where the SNP let the Greens lead on risky issues, minimising the inevitable blow back in the media were the SNP to make such proposals. It's also about time we afforded the likes of Harvie et al more prominence in Scottish politics so that if/when another referendum comes around, they have greater credibility with the electorate. We either want to grow an independence majority at Holyrood or we don't - give or take a couple of SNP seats here and there, the SNP vote is exhausted and we should be looking to maximise the independence vote in other ways.

I would have no problem with a more radical land reform or local taxation, I understand that these 2 items are in the SNP pipeline.

Unfortunately for me the greens have too many pie in the sky type policies.

I agree we should grow a more Independence type majority with different parties and I would love if the greens over took the LibDems and eventually the red tories in seats.

10 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

So you bemoan privatisation when it's your opponents and then defend it when it's your own...

The NHS survey 10,000 of their own staff every year...  The survey is commissioned by the Scottish Government.

Never bemoaned anything. The fact is the blue tories want to fully privatise the NHS, whereas I know there is a small part for private companies to play in our NHS and don't remember a lot of work done by private companies is things like laundry services, cleaning etc.

Do you have a link to that survey?

I would suspect that you would have the same results of job satisfaction of any group of workers, private or public workers.

Seems like you listen to much to auntie.

Edited by antidote

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Theres been plenty of twitter activity by the Blue Order ####wits urging tactical voting and warning that the SNP are threat to the Church of Scotland !

Whilst Jeanete Findlay and that pathetic FAC crowd have been urging people to vote Labour and get rid of the "anti-Irish, anti-Catholic SNP". 

I've noticed an interesting thing here in Mearns. Many 16-25 year olds are pro-SNP. Their parents are firmly Labour and the OAPs are Tory.

Barrhead used to be a gold mine of votes for Labour round here but a big chunk of their supporters have either switched to the SNP or passed way.

Barrhead is where this constituency will be won.,...  U and me in South Ren..  

Orange vote had gone straight to Tory in Joihnstone/Paisley

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Anyone who uses the term "Red Tories" is an absolute roaster. 

And "Yoons", that's another.  The fact that some elected representatives are using "Yoons" to describe a section of the population that they are elected to represent is absolutely abhorrent.

Link to last years NHS survey.

http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2015/12/5980

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

no really,

its dated now ,it was correct, Milliband and Cameron were pretty much the same.

not really now tho

I spoke to the local Labour Councillor today about he was feeling and he said it was worth losing the Labour Party in the short to Medium term to save the union.,,

In other words, having the Tories for 10-15 years is OK as long as we stay British... 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Snp both votes. our red Tory candidate James Kelly is the original monkey they pinned a red rosette on. Truly the thickest man in Cambuslang.

3 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

And "Yoons", that's another.  The fact that some elected representatives are using "Yoons" to describe a section of the population that they are elected to represent is absolutely abhorrent.

Yoons is a reply to Seps and Natz.....

Internet banter really.

It does wind them up tho... I like the

Yoons Word....

10 minutes ago, neilly71 said:

Snp both votes. our red Tory candidate James Kelly is the original monkey they pinned a red rosette on. Truly the thickest man in Cambuslang.

Saw him on the box the other night. He may be different in person but always strikes me as one of our particularly glaikit elected members...

1 minute ago, mariokempes56 said:

Jeez, yoons, red tories ?

Do you really care ? Its just a daft name.

I don't care if numpties like antidote say it, that says more about him than the people he is calling it.  But MP's and MSP's shouldn't be using them to describe a section of the people they are elected to represent.

1 hour ago, Scunnered said:

I've had a look at that report, quite interesting stuff but it doesn't give me the impression that job satisfaction is at an all time low rather that in general things are broadly the same year on year which given the stresses the NHS is under is probably testament to those who work in it.

There are loads of questions there and some measures are up and some down but I think there's two questions that are particularly relevant when gauging overall satisfaction.

1. I would recommend my workplace as a good place to work (for those who know about Net Promoter Primer, that's the key question).

2. I still intend to be working with my health board in 12 months' time (obviously a crucial measure of how happy or otherwise people are)

These are the figures - that doesn't look to me like the scenario you are describing.

2006 2008 2010 2013 2014 2015
I would recommend my workplace as a good place to work
43 55 58 50 61 59
I still intend to be working with my health board in 12 months' time 70 77 79 75 79 77

7 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

I don't care if numpties like antidote say it, that says more about him than the people he is calling it.  But MP's and MSP's shouldn't be using them to describe a section of the people they are elected to represent.

Given the atrocious way many red toriy elected members like Ian Davidson spoke about the Nats, I have to agree.

40 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

I think you'll find that the satisfied figure you quoted is for things like training, involved in decision making etc.

Not as you alluded to, the handling of the SNHS overall by the Scottish government.

You'll find the same, if not worse, results in any company large or small.

I think you'll find that the satisfied figure you quoted is for things like training, involved in decision making etc.

Not as you alluded to, the handling of the SNHS overall by the Scottish government.

You'll find the same, if not worse, results in any company large or small.

Absolutely., the overall satisfaction score is 67%.  I've had some experience of employee satisfaction surveys in companies I've worked for and they'd be delighted with that score. 

19 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

Woah! Look who's calling anyone a numpty.

You didn't like the traitor word, now the red tory words? So you don't like the truth ya red tory barsteward.

12 minutes ago, aaid said:

I've had a look at that report, quite interesting stuff but it doesn't give me the impression that job satisfaction is at an all time low rather that in general things are broadly the same year on year which given the stresses the NHS is under is probably testament to those who work in it.

There are loads of questions there and some measures are up and some down but I think there's two questions that are particularly relevant when gauging overall satisfaction.

1. I would recommend my workplace as a good place to work (for those who know about Net Promoter Primer, that's the key question).

2. I still intend to be working with my health board in 12 months' time (obviously a crucial measure of how happy or otherwise people are)

These are the figures - that doesn't look to me like the scenario you are describing.

2006 2008 2010 2013 2014 2015
I would recommend my workplace as a good place to work
43 55 58 50 61 59
I still intend to be working with my health board in 12 months' time 70 77 79 75 79 77

There is a section that aggregates the responses of the entire "Overall Experiences", these are the figures I allude to. I'll look them out when I'm home.

5 minutes ago, antidote said:

I won't find that at all.