Voting - Page 30 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

Sorry - I thought from this that using part quotes was fair game :ok:

I was quoting myself :-)  - if i said this 

"if is one thing which John has discovered this year. Women give birth to children

4 hours ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Elaine Smith won't and shouldn't get it after she opposed equal marriage. I actually thought it was Nicola Sturgeon and Peter Murrell who were on the end of a dig about having no children. That said, I'd be willing to forgive that - Im sure many politicians have said stuff in heat of moment they wish they hadn't. Some have also suggested former leaders shouldn't be Presiding Officer.

I think Johann would actually make a good PO, although from what I've heard, she's excellent in parliament on issues of care. Would be a shame to lose that.

Ken McIntosh seems quite young to be taking it on but I say it was between him and Johann by some distance.

McIntosh is 54, Lamont 58. Not much difference.

As an aside - Do you remember in the lead up to the referendum when that weirdo ex runner Brian Whittle and Prof Adam Tomkins to a greater degree were wheeled out to express their "non party political" opinions ?

Both now list Conservative MSPs

5 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

As an aside - Do you remember in the lead up to the referendum when that weirdo ex runner Brian Whittle and Prof Adam Tomkins to a greater degree were wheeled out to express their "non party political" opinions ?

Both now list Conservative MSPs

To be fair, there were even more people who came to prominence as part of the Yes campaign that are now either MPs or MSPs. 

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

To be fair, there were even more people who came to prominence as part of the Yes campaign that are now either MPs or MSPs. 

Yes but im fairly sure they flew their colours from the mast and everyone knew where their party loyalties lay

Whittle and Tompkins made a big deal of not disclosing they were Tories

I'm assuming they didnt decide to join the Conservative party after the referendum otherwise i accept its a possible overreaction from me

Edited by Ally Bongo

22 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Yes but im fairly sure they flew their colours from the mast and everyone knew where their party loyalties lay

Whittle and Tompkins made a big deal of not disclosing they were Tories

I'm assuming they didnt decide to join the Conservative party after the referendum otherwise i accept its a possible overreaction from me

I think there were a fair few that only joined the SNP after the referendum. Pretty sure Jeanne Freeman wasn't in the SNP for one.  She was certainly generally referred to as a former advisor to Jack McConnell.  

7 minutes ago, aaid said:

I think there were a fair few that only joined the SNP after the referendum. Pretty sure Jeanne Freeman wasn't in the SNP for one.  She was certainly generally referred to as a former advisor to Jack McConnell.  

Aye, I remember an Interview with her and she tore Kirsty Wark, I think, amongst others, to shreds by informing them she wasnt SNP and also she wasnt a politician..

2 minutes ago, stocky said:

Aye, I remember an Interview with her and she tore Kirsty Wark, I think, amongst others, to shreds by informing them she wasnt SNP and also she wasnt a politician..

It was Andrew Neill. 

2 minutes ago, stocky said:

Yeah I saw that. Was a great interview,in hindsight she should have added "not yet"

26 minutes ago, phart said:

Yeah I saw that. Was a great interview,in hindsight she should have added "not yet"

That's the first time I've seen that interview and she was excellent. The kind of no nonsense woman who wouldn't just sit there and listen to his mince.

She had brillo head right on the ropes from the word go.

I bet he was glad to get her out of the way.

Edited by antidote

It looks like Ken Macintosh is going to be the next Presiding Officer:

First Round:

• Murdo Fraser (Con) - 23
  • Johann Lamont (Lab) - 23
  • Ken Macintosh (Lab) - 58
  • John Scott (Con) - 17
  • Elaine Smith (Lab) - 7
  • Total Votes - 128

Further rounds will now take place between the highest voted for candidates, until some gets more than half the votes.

Edited by Clyde1998

9 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Second Round

• Murdo Fraser (Con) - 26
  • Johann Lamont (Lab) - 26
  • Ken Macintosh (Lab) - 60
  • John Scott (Con) - 15
  • Spoilt - 1

To the third round...

I wonder if Elaine Smith drew a cock and balls on her ballot paper?

Third Round

• Murdo Fraser (Con) - 31
  • Ken Macintosh (Lab) - 71

Ken Macintosh is the new Presiding Officer.

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I wonder if Elaine Smith drew a cock and balls on her ballot paper?

:lol:

7 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Ken Macintosh won. I ordered the candidates in order that they were being read out, rather than in order of the number of votes they got.

I apologise for my confusing sarcasm

Tories finishing second usually means they are the winners - if you believe our media that is

I will try and do better

39 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Third Round

• Murdo Fraser (Con) - 31
  • Ken Macintosh (Lab) - 71

Ken Macintosh is the new Presiding Officer.

:lol:

Congratulations Murdo Fraser 

Edit: Feck should always read all the posts first to make sure no one got the shit joke in first!

Edited by iainmac1