Premiership Fixtures - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Premiership Fixtures

Do the Championship champions always get their first Premiership fixture at home?  I'm trying to organise a day out in August and I know the first week of the new season is 6th August and trying to figure out if Rangers are likely to be home or away that weekend.  Celtic will obviously be at home as Champions but not sure about us.

Could even be Friday night? Rangers have played a fair bit on Fridays without incident; as far as I know.

Or Rangers and Celtic could be away playing in some pre-season tournament that weekend?

:lol:

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Could even be Friday night? Rangers have played a fair bit on Fridays without incident; as far as I know.

Or Rangers and Celtic could be away playing in some pre-season tournament that weekend?

I believe it is the second weekend of the season that Celtic like to bugger off from their league commitments. Think they are playing Inter Milan that weekend

50 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

I believe it is the second weekend of the season that Celtic like to bugger off from their league commitments. Think they are playing Inter Milan that weekend

I presumed the game that you could opt out of, was a date that was moved to suit the tournament Celtic got invited to.

It's the most pathetic rule ever, only made more pathetic by pretending it's for everyone.

37 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I presumed the game that you could opt out of, was a date that was moved to suit the tournament Celtic got invited to.

It's the most pathetic rule ever, only made more pathetic by pretending it's for everyone.

Aberdeen used it to postpone a game against Hamilton this season following their European exploits. 

Others have taken advantage, but I'd imagine they decided after being given the date they could skip their domestic game...

Anyway, is tradition that the champions "open" the season ie play 1st?

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Do the Championship champions always get their first Premiership fixture at home?  I'm trying to organise a day out in August and I know the first week of the new season is 6th August and trying to figure out if Rangers are likely to be home or away that weekend.  Celtic will obviously be at home as Champions but not sure about us.

FB that's just about one of the most unsubtle ways of just telling us again that rangers were champions. must try harder next time.

oh and premiership fixtures?  just rubbing our noses in it now...:angry:

42 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

FB that's just about one of the most unsubtle ways of just telling us again that rangers were champions. must try harder next time.

oh and premiership fixtures?  just rubbing our noses in it now...:angry:

Aye of the Championship.  That's like boasting about being the smartest poster on the TAMB.