Royal Highland Show - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Plan on taking my wee family for a day out to the RHS in Ingliston in late June (either the Saturday or the Sunday). Let my wee boy see all the animals and stuff - has the makings of a good day out. But jeezo, tickets are a bit pricey!

I was there five or six years ago and noticed that plenty people had complimentaries at the turnstiles and couldn't help but think they must be fairly in abundance. This is a quite unashamed (and a bit embarrassing!) plea of anyone has any spares, I'd be ever so grateful :)

We stay in Corstorphine just along the road from Ingliston and my auld man used to get freebies in the pub from the farmers when they came in for a few pints at night. It's no happened for a while now right enough.

If you're guaranteed good weather then it's a cracking day out and worth the money, however if it's pishing down there isn't much shelter so make sure you bring a decent brolly!

Never been since I was 15 - some 30 years ago 

https://highlandshow.ticketsrv.co.uk/

kids seem to be free nowadays so i think you are only paying for adults + the parking

Don't think my father ever got comps apart from lunch vouchers from SAI 

maybe other people have different opinion but i think you are better going on the Thursday/Friday rather than Sat/Sun - less crowds and more of the fairmers going on these days  

7 hours ago, euan2020 said:

Never been since I was 15 - some 30 years ago 

https://highlandshow.ticketsrv.co.uk/

kids seem to be free nowadays so i think you are only paying for adults + the parking

Don't think my father ever got comps apart from lunch vouchers from SAI 

maybe other people have different opinion but i think you are better going on the Thursday/Friday rather than Sat/Sun - less crowds and more of the fairmers going on these days  

Not unlike the horse racing actually - better experience on weekdays.

However work commitments mean Sat or Sun only for us

Don't have any spares sorry. Really good couple of days though and I'd agree about going on Thur/Fri.  Never mind any of that animal p1sh though, go and see the machinery - Fantastic, you're sure to bump into Ormond!!! 

My Dads company used to get free passes every year, which some years he would pass on to me and the Mrs.... not had them in a couple of years now, but agree that it is crazy prices to get in.

We always enjoyed it when we went.

We used to go to the food court just to get all the free samples, rather than buy a lunch at one of the cafe's or caravan kitchens on every corner :lol:

Used to be if you went to the RBS mobile sales unit and said you were a RBS share holder you got a free full afternoon tea (and as they never checked we just did this every year).