Scargill - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

5 minutes ago, fringo said:

If I'm being totally honest, so did I.

He's much younger than I thought he would have been too (obviously if he hadn't died).  I thought he was about 70 during the miner's strikes!

2 minutes ago, flumax said:

Miner celebrity 

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Mindimoo said:

He's much younger than I thought he would have been too (obviously if he hadn't died).  I thought he was about 70 during the miner's strikes!

:lol:

Yeah, well political principles died a long time ago, not daft to assume that people that had them died also.

On 07 May 2016 at 11:02 PM, AberdeenAngus said:

Does leave you wondering just how many things are covered up.

S. Yorks polis seem to have been a particularly monstrous organisation. Maybe David Peace wasn't being too far fetched in his Red Riding books?...

5 hours ago, Toepoke said:

S. Yorks polis seem to have been a particularly monstrous organisation. Maybe David Peace wasn't being too far fetched in his Red Riding books?...

Worse than that, South Yorkshire police were often brought in to investigate shit going on with the met. no wrong doing found of course.

The book "the untouchables" (was a nightmare to get as legal wrangling with the met trying to stop publication) goes from Brinks rbbery up to modern day. Very very informative.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007ILNY34/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

I see it's easy now as on kindle. i spent ages trying to get it a few years back.

Edited by phart

Lets not forget West Yorkshire Police scandals, corruption and ineptitude as well

Maybe thats why Hitchens didnt like people from Yorkshire ....