Cubs - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cubs

Ormond

This is definitely their year. The also rans of baseball, but not this time. They have been outstanding so far and on Sunday I'll be there to see another win hopefully. Such a buzz about the area just now(without sounding like Paul McStay).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, biffer said:

Went to Camden Yards to see Baltimore Orioles v Toronto BlueJays a couple of weeks ago. Great fun, winning run bottom of the tenth by stealing home on a fumbled pitch.

I'm a massive O's fan.

The inner harbor area in Baltimore is pretty damn cool.

Outwith there is, err....interesting.

They're the Cubs, so they'll manage to "Cubs it up" somehow.

They'll easily win their division and will probably have the best NL record, but will then get the Wild Card winner in the NLDS, which will probably be either Washington or the Mets, and they'll lose.

Like Hibs and the Scottish Cup, the Cubs are forever fated to be ultimately unsuccessful, no matter how good they look earlier in proceedings.

On 5/12/2016 at 1:45 PM, deecie said:

I'm a massive O's fan.

The inner harbor area in Baltimore is pretty damn cool.

Outwith there is, err....interesting.

Yeah, I was staying down there. Also took the opportunity to go over to Fort McHenry and stopped for a few hours in Fell's Point on the way back - lots of nice bars to hang round in out that way, and enjoyable getting there and back on the water taxi.

14 hours ago, biffer said:

Yeah, I was staying down there. Also took the opportunity to go over to Fort McHenry and stopped for a few hours in Fell's Point on the way back - lots of nice bars to hang round in out that way, and enjoyable getting there and back on the water taxi.

What is it you do Biffer that takes you around?

6 hours ago, Ormond said:

What is it you do Biffer that takes you around?

I work for one of the UKs national labs related to the space industry. Very few 'national' conferences, mainly international, and collaborations / partnerships also usually go across borders, so I've been to or will be going to Colorado, Baltimore, Utah, Prague, Barcelona, Berlin, Lisbon this year. I hadn't done anything in the way of international travel for work prior to a couple of years ago, so I'm really enjoying it. 

• 5 months later...

So it's going to be the Indians against either the Cubs or the Dodgers. Dodgers 2-1 up in the series. The 4th game being played right now. Nothing giving away by either side so far. Pretty tense in the area just now. Cool to see.

Pretty decisive win last night. Series now 2-2, game tonight in LA, then back to Chicago for the weekend. 

Lester pitching for the Cubs tonight, 19-5 this season.

chicago-cubs-official-logo.jpg

Edited by biffer

On 12 May 2016 at 9:42 PM, Sherps said:

They're the Cubs, so they'll manage to "Cubs it up" somehow.

They'll easily win their division and will probably have the best NL record, but will then get the Wild Card winner in the NLDS, which will probably be either Washington or the Mets, and they'll lose.

Like Hibs and the Scottish Cup, the Cubs are forever fated to be ultimately unsuccessful, no matter how good they look earlier in proceedings.

Ahem...

5 hours ago, aaid said:

Ahem...

;)

I picked the wrong opponent in the NLDS and the Cubs ultimately went through, but even then, it was predominantly because the Giants bullpen threw it away.
There's still plenty of time for the curse of the goat (or even Steve Bartman!) to strike...

Although they're going back to Chicago with a lead, they've still got to overcome Kershaw and Hill.

26 minutes ago, Sherps said:

;)

I picked the wrong opponent in the NLDS and the Cubs ultimately went through, but even then, it was predominantly because the Giants bullpen threw it away.
There's still plenty of time for the curse of the goat (or even Steve Bartman!) to strike...

Although they're going back to Chicago with a lead, they've still got to overcome Kershaw and Hill.

And Hibs and the Scottish Cup?

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Aye but you know he might freak out and prove himself, once again, to be unable to throw the wee ba' accurately unless aiming for the plate. Will root for them just because of your good self. Colin. :wub:

It warms the cockles o' mah heart thinking there's a laddie in the Ferry thinking o' me. :P