Cubs - Page 2 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cubs

Ormond

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The prices for anything to do with american sports , particularly the finals,  is disgusting. Watching parties not even downtown in Cleveland were over $100. And ticket prices to just stand in the stadium was $83...not gauranteed to even see the field...then stub hub its not even mentioning without a remortgage...

1 hour ago, JasMc1973 said:

The prices for anything to do with american sports , particularly the finals,  is disgusting. Watching parties not even downtown in Cleveland were over $100. And ticket prices to just stand in the stadium was $83...not gauranteed to even see the field...then stub hub its not even mentioning without a remortgage...

A lot of Cubs fans snapped up the $400 and $500 dollar tickets for Cleveland as an average seat at Wrigley for these World Series games is costing $4000. Standing room was $2000. That is just wrong considering the same ticket for a league game was $100.

4 hours ago, Ormond said:

Was reading last night that even the pubs around Wrigley are charging $250 at the door when games are on over the next two nights before you even pay for a $10 beer. That's disgusting! 

going to extreme measures to keep the riff-raff out

Just now, morrie21 said:

going to extreme measures to keep the riff-raff out

No riff raff on the North side. It's a millionaires paradise. It's why the White Sox on the South side are viewed as the working class side.

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

No riff raff on the North side. It's a millionaires paradise. It's why the White Sox on the South side are viewed as the working class side.

Yeah, but you wouldn't want to go drinking around the white sox stadium really.

Yep,  who knows what'll happen now. Arrieta (Cubs) and Tomlin( Indians) projected starters for Tuesday. Tomlin pitched Saturday so that's a quick turnaround.  Arrieta is 15-3 on the road thus season. 

Edited by biffer

Cubs hammered them 9-3 to take it to the final night tomorrow. What a perfomance tonight. My favourite pitcher Hendricks starting tomorrow now. I hope I make my London flight after the party tomorrow if they win. :ok:

11 hours ago, Delirious Nomad said:

Last night was disastrous, if yer an Indians fan. Just glas that it's Kluber that's pitching tonight, Guys a machine.

MON THE TRIBE 

I know. Kluber has been the standout in the series. :(

Just over an hour away though.

'MON THE CUBBIES! 

On 12 May 2016 at 9:42 PM, Sherps said:

They're the Cubs, so they'll manage to "Cubs it up" somehow.

They'll easily win their division and will probably have the best NL record, but will then get the Wild Card winner in the NLDS, which will probably be either Washington or the Mets, and they'll lose.

Like Hibs and the Scottish Cup, the Cubs are forever fated to be ultimately unsuccessful, no matter how good they look earlier in proceedings.

If only you could have put Scotland will get humped at Wembley in this post. :lol:

On 6 May 2016 at 10:38 PM, Ormond said:

This is definitely their year. The also rans of baseball, but not this time. They have been outstanding so far and on Sunday I'll be there to see another win hopefully. Such a buzz about the area just now(without sounding like Paul McStay).

Great call to have made in May - hope you had money on it! 

Brilliant World Series - it must have been a blast being at the games (especially 5 6 and 7). 

I'm more of a White Sox guy but congrats to the Cubs and great for Chicago. At last a (long overdue) win for the north side elite

1908 - 2016 - 2124    ??