Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Where has the £4K figure came from?

I think it's just from someone mentioning a 90% paycut and a guess at £40k per week being the going rate in the EPL.

So it's been made up over the course of a few posts, and us now being discussed as fact.

:lol:

He'll be great value up here, a bit of a divisive character, that plays up to it. Rangers fans will love him, the rest will love to hate him.

35 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It would be a strange decision to turn down a 1 year contract at £40k a week in the EPL to come to the Scottish Premiership for 2 years £4K per week.

Fair play to Rangers on pulling it of if they do manage to sign him on Nicky Laws wages.

Suppose it would say something about Barton, not sure what if I'm honest? :lol:

But im always criticising mercenaries in the game.

He was on under 10k at Burnley by all accounts. Their max wage is £15k

16 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Where has the £4K figure came from?

Not Eddards post - just saw that. 

Guy who broke it on FF has been told £4K a week. Be more with appearance fees etc im guessing.

7 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I think it's just from someone mentioning a 90% paycut and a guess at £40k per week being the going rate in the EPL.

So it's been made up over the course of a few posts, and us now being discussed as fact.

:lol:

He'll be great value up here, a bit of a divisive character, that plays up to it. Rangers fans will love him, the rest will love to hate him.

I was joking about the 90% pay cut. However good he is if we can't afford him we shouldn't sign him.

20 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers have released Nicky Clarke with news on more departures to follow (presumably Shiels, Law and maybe Bell).  Also about to confirm the signing of Barton it seems.

Law and Templeton now confirmed as released (on 31st May).  We've had some pretty shocking signings over the last few years but Templeton must be up there with the worst.  An unbelievable waste of money (that we didn't have!!).

Rather concerning is that it looks as if Shiels will be getting offered a new deal.  He's been as a good as a man down the last few times he's came off the bench.

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Law and Templeton now confirmed as released (on 31st May).  We've had some pretty shocking signings over the last few years but Templeton must be up there with the worst.  An unbelievable waste of money (that we didn't have!!).

Rather concerning is that it looks as if Shiels will be getting offered a new deal.  He's been as a good as a man down the last few times he's came off the bench.

Nicky Clark apparently saying it was his decision to leave.

Templeton? I forgot he existed.

8 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Nicky Clark apparently saying it was his decision to leave.

Templeton? I forgot he existed.

He was worse than pish under McCoist.  Failed to impress even in D3.  Was injured more often than not and when fit couldn't get in the team.  He started the first 3 games under Warburton this season and actually looked half decent and is a Warburton type player so may have got a run in the team to show what he can do.  Then, wouldn't you know it he go injured and has been out for the rest of the season.  I reckon he must have spent about 60-70% of his time with us unfit to play.

I can't believe I almost forgot to start a rumour!!

Was walking to the North Stand on Saturday and noticed I was walking alongisde Graham Dorrans and 2 other guys.  One of the guys said something along the lines of "you need to sign for Rangers" and I'm positive Dorrans replied "I already have" or something to that effect.  Once the other guy departed I asked Dorrans if that was what he'd said and he said "no" but with a sheepish grin on his face.  

So there you have it.  You heard it here first.  Graham Dorrans will not be signing for Rangers....

Not read the thread so not sure if SquirrelHumper has posted, he'll know better than me but I'm hearing Killie have had a massive clear out with only 6 first team squad players remaining, and also that Lee Novak will be our first signing.

4 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

A The Rangers supporting friend of mine is utterly convinced that Barton is trolling them and will sign for Celtic :lol:.

It's trolling of the highest quality if he is given that he's spent the last couple of hours thanking Burnley fans in Twtitter for his time at Turf Moor!

3 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

A The Rangers supporting friend of mine is utterly convinced that Barton is trolling them and will sign for Celtic :lol:.

That is mental. It is one thing getting the bears to accept signing a Catholic, but I can't see it going well for Barton - a guy who has a twitter history of abusing the Queen and royal family, and of open sympathy for the IRA.

7 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

That is mental. It is one thing getting the bears to accept signing a Catholic, but I can't see it going well for Barton - a guy who has a twitter history of abusing the Queen and royal family, and of open sympathy for the IRA.

The majority of gers fan I know is really excited by this signing and are more focused on the footballing Joey Barton rather than the others sides. Hopefully he can keep the head and play some good football and not go back to his old days.

3 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

The majority of gers fan I know is really excited by this signing and are more focused on the footballing Joey Barton rather than the others sides. Hopefully he can keep the head and play some good football and not go back to his old days.

'The footballing Joey Barton' is nothing more than a pretty average English journeyman who has made his name based more on notoriety and general arseholeness than footballing ability.

Just to think, Rangers could have brought in 2 or 3 decent players for the money they're paying Barton. But instead, they just keep on making the same mistakes over and over again.

Groundhun Day.

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, Rossy said:

'The footballing Joey Barton' is nothing more than a pretty average English journeyman who has made his name based more on notoriety and general arseholeness than footballing ability.

Just to think, Rangers could have brought in 2 or 3 decent players for the money they're paying Barton. But instead, they just keep on making the same mistakes over and over again.

Groundhun Day.

Pish, as usual.  I wish Rangers were as consistent as you.  

Just now, BlueGaz said:

Pish, as usual.  I wish Rangers were as consistent as you.  

What's 'pish' about it ? 

Are you going to actually disagree that Barton is anything more than a journeyman football with mental problems ?

4 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Groundhun Day.

I didn't realise you knew what we're paying him, feel free to share.

Just now, Fairbairn said:

I didn't realise you knew what we're paying him, feel free to share.

I've no idea, I'll leave that to Eddard.

I presume he's not playing for buttons though, so my point still stands.

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, Rossy said:

What's 'pish' about it ? 

Are you going to actually disagree that Barton is anything more than a journeyman football with mental problems ?

Gets their player of the year in a year they won the league in what is arguably one of the most competitive leagues there is, and you think he is an average player who made his name more on general arseholeness than footballing ability?  Aye, its pish.  

9 minutes ago, Rossy said:

What's 'pish' about it ?

Was he not named in the championship team of the season?

Have to say I'm not a massive fan myself, but lets see what he can do up here.