Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

2 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I've no idea, I'll leave that to Eddard.

I presume he's not playing for buttons though, so my point still stands.

You've no idea what we are paying, but your point still stands? You are making even less sense than usual auld yin :)

Yer point about footballing ability is fair enough, if that's what you think. Personally I've seen little of him the last 2 or 3 season, but by all accounts he is coming to us in good form and seems to have screwed the nut. Time will time. 

Just now, Angus_Young said:

Time will time. 

That's true.

He smacks though of the 'big name, big wages player' that Rangers have a long history of feeling they have to sign......see Templeton, Shields, Bell etc.

I'll be surprised if he's a success, but as you say, let's wait and see.

32 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

That is mental. It is one thing getting the bears to accept signing a Catholic, but I can't see it going well for Barton - a guy who has a twitter history of abusing the Queen and royal family, and of open sympathy for the IRA.

Funnily enough, whenever this subject comes up, the only people that focus on a players religion are Non-Rangers fans.

I cant blame you of course, but I've genuinely not seen anyone bothered about that since Mo Jo. Barton is no different. The fact he has tweeted support for the Tims in the past has ruffled a few feathers but nothing more than the odd idiot on a message board. 

Great signing. Club captain next year? Brought in to lead from the front and challenge for the title. I think Rangers will be competitive next year (with a few more signing no doubt).

My fav Barton moment - when he stubbed his cigar out in his team mate's eye. 

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

Great signing. Club captain next year? Brought in to lead from the front and challenge for the title. I think Rangers will be competitive next year (with a few more signing no doubt).

My fav Barton moment - when he stubbed his cigar out in his team mate's eye. 

Wallace will still be captain next year.

2 minutes ago, Rossy said:

That's true.

He smacks though of the 'big name, big wages player' that Rangers have a long history of feeling they have to sign......see Templeton, Shields, Bell etc.

I'll be surprised if he's a success, but as you say, let's wait and see.

Aye, it is a fair enough comment and as we discussed last week, I won't try and re-write history (on this subject before you start :D ) But the story emerging is that his wages are pretty modest, relatively speaking. 

Footballing wise, he is better than what we have, brings in a good bit of experience, is an excellent trainer and us generally well liked around his urgent club. Hopefully that points to him being a success. Just need to.wait and see. 

20 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Funnily enough, whenever this subject comes up, the only people that focus on a players religion are Non-Rangers fans.

I cant blame you of course, but I've genuinely not seen anyone bothered about that since Mo Jo. Barton is no different. The fact he has tweeted support for the Tims in the past has ruffled a few feathers but nothing more than the odd idiot on a message board. 

I have no idea what his religion is. Haven't seen his tweets in support of Cetic, just the IRA.

17 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I have no idea what his religion is. Haven't seen his tweets in support of Cetic, just the IRA.

'its one thing getting the Bears to accept a Catholic' 

I'm just pointing out that it isn't or certainly hasn't been for quite some time.  

1 minute ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I agree with you that it doesn't seem to be a major issue anymore. Congratulations. How very progressive.

You know when I typed it out I was thinking 'dunno why I'm bothering with this, I'll just get some smart arse pish back'.

I'm very wise :)

Given his last tweet:

"To be a ranger is to sense the sacred trust of upholding all that such name means in this shrine of football"

It seems it took him as long to pick up that pseudo intelligent Struth nonsense popular over Ibrox way as it did to pick up his dodgy Allo Allo accent in Marseille.

3 minutes ago, Damo said:

Given his last tweet:

"To be a ranger is to sense the sacred trust of upholding all that such name means in this shrine of football"

It seems it took him as long to pick up that pseudo intelligent Struth nonsense popular over Ibrox way as it did to pick up his dodgy Allo Allo accent in Marseille.

Bill Struth really did come out with a lot of pompous, nonsensical purple prose. 

Chairman Jimmy Bowie who tried to get him sacked is a distant relation of mine :lol:

26 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:
11 minutes ago, Damo said:

Given his last tweet:

6 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Bill Struth really did come out with a lot of pompous, nonsensical purple prose. 

Chairman Jimmy Bowie who tried to get him sacked is a distant relation of mine :lol:

We welcome the chase......

53 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Joseph BartonVerified account@Joey7Barton

For the record, I'm not anti-royal far from it. 'Anti' doesn't quiet sum up how one feels for those inbred, land grabbing, tyrannous puppets

Mr Non-Sequitur strikes again.

Very pleased with this signing and overall, a very good day of transfer business with the release of Messrs Law, Clark and Templeton (the latter makes me a bit sad but it's still the correct decision).

4 hours ago, Rossy said:

'The footballing Joey Barton' is nothing more than a pretty average English journeyman who has made his name based more on notoriety and general arseholeness than footballing ability.

Just to think, Rangers could have brought in 2 or 3 decent players for the money they're paying Barton. But instead, they just keep on making the same mistakes over and over again.

I'd completely disagree with that.  I reckon that Barton is a good player - no more than that, but better than 90% of the players he will be up against next season - but that his temperament has held him back from achieving what he might have done in the game.  His best days are behind him but then that - and his reputation - is probably why he is at Rangers.  Time will tell whether or not its a successful signing..