Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 14 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

4 minutes ago, Mox said:

Are you on crack?

We deservedly beat the worst Celtic team in memory last month and we have made at least one potentially good signing already to make us better. You have appointed a new manager who may or may not do well and you presumably have to get rid of some midfielders under contract before investing in new players. Why are you suddenly so confident and dismissive?

21 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

We deservedly beat the worst Celtic team in memory last month and we have made at least one potentially good signing already to make us better. You have appointed a new manager who may or may not do well and you presumably have to get rid of some midfielders under contract before investing in new players. Why are you suddenly so confident and dismissive?

Firstly, you drew with us.  You went through on penalties (and I won't mention that part the freshly laid pitch had on that).  Let's not make things up.

We have appointed a manager with a lot more top level experience than Warburton has.  

Even with the signing of Barton, I'm not sure Rangers have a player in their squad that I'd want in the Celtic team.  There is no doubt that we need to reduce the size of our squad but after seeing Liam Henderson and Anthony Stokes tear you apart at the weekend, I'm confident that our fringe players, never-mind our first team players, are better than your first team players. 

Even without much improvement under Rodgers, you would need another 5-10 decent signings to be able to compete.  If we show any improvement, you'll need something special to get near us.  

I think Rangers should aim for a top 6 finish to start with.

16 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Firstly, you drew with us.  You went through on penalties (and I won't mention that part the freshly laid pitch had on that).  Let's not make things up.

We have appointed a manager with a lot more top level experience than Warburton has.  

Even with the signing of Barton, I'm not sure Rangers have a player in their squad that I'd want in the Celtic team.  There is no doubt that we need to reduce the size of our squad but after seeing Liam Henderson and Anthony Stokes tear you apart at the weekend, I'm confident that our fringe players, never-mind our first team players, are better than your first team players. 

Even without much improvement under Rodgers, you would need another 5-10 decent signings to be able to compete.  If we show any improvement, you'll need something special to get near us.  

I think Rangers should aim for a top 6 finish to start with.

"Let's not make things up"?! Wonderful line and wonderful denial of the facts. I'll have to check again who "won" that game and progressed to the next round.

My post was partly provocative because I'm aware that we are still some distance from Celtic and anything can happen in one off games (cup semi and final being good examples where Rangers won and lost to teams who are better and worse than us respectively) but I suspect we will be a damn sight closer to being the 2nd best team in Scotland by the end of the summer transfer window and to 'merely' plump for top 6 would not be the aim. I suspect you know that too so you'll have to try harder if you want me to bite. ?

Just watched the Joey Barton press conference on YouTube there and he certainly talks well and intelligently (apart from thinking that "halcyon" should be pronounced "halcon"...)

Also fielded questions well about his RC background and supposed Celtic fan comments made on Twitter in the past. I like him. ❤️

1 hour ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Just watched the Joey Barton press conference on YouTube there and he certainly talks well and intelligently (apart from thinking that "halcyon" should be pronounced "halcon"...)

Also fielded questions well about his RC background and supposed Celtic fan comments made on Twitter in the past. I like him. ❤️

Did he mention his sympathetic tendencies towards the IRA ?

6 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Don't you see what's wrong with your club right there?

A press conference and he fields questions about being a catholic. 

Embarrassment of Scottish football. 

9 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Let's keep a sense of perspective here. The worst Celtic teams in memory were in 1978 and 1994. I'll accept from your signature that you may not have been around for the first of those, though.

This year's lot are nowhere close to either of those teams. They won the league after all.

38 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Let's keep a sense of perspective here. The worst Celtic teams in memory were in 1978 and 1994. I'll accept from your signature that you may not have been around for the first of those, though.

This year's lot are nowhere close to either of those teams. They won the league after all.

Surely the 1990 team was worse?

5th in the league. W 10 D 14 L 12 with a goal difference of 0

No trophies & knocked out in the 1st Round of Europesn CWC

Happy to be reminded of a worse team though  :lol:

9 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

You went through on penalties (and I won't mention that part the freshly laid pitch had on that).

Oh go on, please do!

2 hours ago, OLAS said:

I don't think it was anyone from Rangers firing the questions.  The club have been regularly signing players of all creeds for decades now who have all been accepted by the support.  If some morons in the press can't move on from that and continue with the same idiotic questions that's their issue.

2 hours ago, OLAS said:

Standard of journalism, aintit'

Got to answer them, otherwise the press would accuse you of sweeping under the carpet.

Guest BlueGaz
2 hours ago, OLAS said:

Who was asking the questions?  Someone mentioned yesterday, I think, that the people who continue to discuss these subjects are not those associated with Rangers, and Celtic to be fair.  This is yet another prime example of just that.  You have had a go, but answered your question perfectly, all in 3 lines.  So using this subject, where actually lies the embarrassment of Scottish football?

21 minutes ago, silverbear said:

Surely the 1990 team was worse?

5th in the league. W 10 D 14 L 12 with a goal difference of 0

No trophies & knocked out in the 1st Round of Europesn CWC

Happy to be reminded of a worse team though  :lol:

Statistically, you are correct sir. Although the trophyless 1978 team also finished 5th, they had a better record that the 1990 team. They went out early in Europe too to an Austrian side.

However, you have underlined my point that this year's team are nowhere close to being the worst Celtic team in living memory.

Edited by Barney Rubble

3 hours ago, OLAS said:

It's the media asking the questions.

He's here to do his job, and that's what is expected of him.  It is bigots like you who want his religion to be an issue.  There are elements within our support who need to move on, and there are elements of this board who don't want to move on.

GET OVER IT.... 

10 hours ago, Debian said:

Nice to see joey is already receiving sectarian abuse on twitter. 

Weird to see you having a problem with that, since you're pretty comfortable doling out sectarian abuse yourself. 

2 minutes ago, Debian said:

Not like you to make things up Parky 

Not doing that at all :)  You've done it on here plenty of times (although not recently). 

Just now, Parklife said:

Not doing that at all :)  You've done it on here plenty of times (although not recently). 

And I think you'll find there were apologies made for those ANCIENT events

31 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Oh go on, please do!

I don't think it was anyone from Rangers firing the questions.  The club have been regularly signing players of all creeds for decades now who have all been accepted by the support.  If some morons in the press can't move on from that and continue with the same idiotic questions that's their issue.

Nonsense, you've never signed a single Morman.