Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 15 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

7 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

What happened to Templeton ? I remember him ripping teams apart for the Jambos.

Scored in a draw away at Anfield in the Europa League qualifiers one day, then signed for Rangers to play against Peterhead and Stirling Albion the very next day. 

He'll be pretty well off but it was a stupid move, for short term benefit that completely ruined his career. 

Although my brother (Hearts season ticket holder) wasn't too disappointed to see Templeton go, due to his inconsistency. 

53 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

So is Barton really on 100k a month? That's suicidal if true.

Go on.... Share us your source...

Would be very surprised if we broke our rumoured £10k (still high) wage cap.

7 minutes ago, Debian said:

Go on.... Share us your source...

Would be very surprised if we broke our rumoured £10k (still high) wage cap.

Debian, it was on Twitter, but I'll accept it as sh*te then. 10k/ week sounds more like it right enough.

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

So is Barton really on 100k a month? That's suicidal if true.

. sorry

Edited by BlueGaz

Guest BlueGaz
48 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Scored in a draw away at Anfield in the Europa League qualifiers one day, then signed for Rangers to play against Peterhead and Stirling Albion the very next day. 

He'll be pretty well off but it was a stupid move, for short term benefit that completely ruined his career. 

Although my brother (Hearts season ticket holder) wasn't too disappointed to see Templeton go, due to his inconsistency. 

Lets leave out the bit about being injured for almost all his time under the new manager, not relevant.

12 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Debian, it was on Twitter, but I'll accept it as sh*te then. 10k/ week sounds more like it right enough.

Depends on the source on twitter?  If it was @TheBhoyWithTheFacts @ZombieHater or @RhebelBhoy i'd take it with a punch of salt

18 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Lets leave out the bit about being injured for almost all his time under the new manager, not relevant.

I'm sure after 3 years of failure, his 4th year would've been an unqualified success and seen him nominated for the Balon D'or. 

Guest BlueGaz
7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm sure after 3 years of failure, his 4th year would've been an unqualified success and seen him nominated for the Balon D'or. 

Stupid answer, although I'm used to it.  I think everyone would agree that you could write off the time under McCoist, almost in its entirety.  Warburton started with him in his plans and then he got injured for the rest of the season.  Worthy of a mention in your synopsis of his time at Rangers I would suggest.

But it dilutes your summary, so probably why you left it out. Balloon D'parky.

Edited by BlueGaz

2 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Stupid answer, although I'm used to it.  I think everyone would agree that you could write off the time under McCoist, almost in its entirety.  Warburton started with him in his plans and then he got injured for the rest of the season.  Worthy of a mention in your synopsis of his time at Rangers I would suggest.

But it dilutes your summary, so probably why you left it out.

Your hunch that Templeton would've turned it all around because he made 3 appearances under Warburton is a compelling argument. I'm amazed i managed to miss that extensive body of evidence out of my summary. 

Guest BlueGaz
6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Your hunch that Templeton would've turned it all around because he made 3 appearances under Warburton is a compelling argument. I'm amazed i managed to miss that extensive body of evidence out of my summary. 

I never said he would turn it around because he made 3 appearances under Warburton.  You just made that up.  Your hunch that he was the worst signing McCoist made is equally compelling.

I said the fact that he was injured for the whole season was worthy of note in your summary of his time at Rangers.  

3 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Your hunch that he was the worst signing McCoist made is equally compelling.

Where did i say that like? :lol: 

Guest BlueGaz
7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Where did i say that like? :lol: 

You didn't, I thought we were just making up hunches so joined in.

On 5/19/2016 at 2:26 PM, clarky1606 said:
12 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Firstly, you drew with us.  You went through on penalties (and I won't mention that part the freshly laid pitch had on that).  Let's not make things up.

We have appointed a manager with a lot more top level experience than Warburton has.  

Even with the signing of Barton, I'm not sure Rangers have a player in their squad that I'd want in the Celtic team.  There is no doubt that we need to reduce the size of our squad but after seeing Liam Henderson and Anthony Stokes tear you apart at the weekend, I'm confident that our fringe players, never-mind our first team players, are better than your first team players. 

Even without much improvement under Rodgers, you would need another 5-10 decent signings to be able to compete.  If we show any improvement, you'll need something special to get near us.  

I think Rangers should aim for a top 6 finish to start with.

I seem to remember you laughing at me for saying some Dons players would get in the Celtic team.  Not sure you can still be quite so arrogant with that stance as regards Aberdeen or Rangers (possibly even Hearts). Right now, Aberdeen's front 4 would contest Celtic's.  I also rate Shinnie higher than your young left back fella.  At the time of this debate first coming round, we also had Ward in goals.  As for Rangers, I think their right back (albeit dodgy, is far better than that cheating coward Lustig), McKay is better than any winger Celtic have (excluding probably Roberts) and Waghorn would certainly give Griffiths a contest. I don't know enough about Barton, but Celtic can be a bit powder puff in midfield.

Celtic have depth - not quality.  

Unfortunately however, I do think you've changed the most important factor - your manager.  Delia was a total and utter nonsense from day 1.  Clueless.

All i hope for next season is a competitive league.  Potentially 4 clubs that could make the league interesting. Fingers crossed we don't immediately return to the duopoly snore fest.