Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 16 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

On 5/24/2016 at 11:51 AM, killiefaetheferry said:

That is mental. It is one thing getting the bears to accept signing a Catholic, but I can't see it going well for Barton - a guy who has a twitter history of abusing the Queen and royal family, and of open sympathy for the IRA.

Carroll is a midfielder isnt he?  Starting the Scott Allan to Hibees rumour now.

46 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Free? Doubt it as much as I doubt he would come.

His contract is up.

No idea how much truth there is in the rumour but I'm not sure truth is a major requirement for this thread.

It could be a decent signing but it isn't a position we need to focus on. I wouldn't be upset if it didn't happen. 

Edited by PASTA Mick

14 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Alan Stubbs 1/5 to be the next Rotheram boss!! :blink:

Apparently came in from 33/1 earlier in the week.

family hasnt moved up here...  Hope it goes the way of the Bolton rumour.  1/6 looks pretty much a certainty though. (unless wads of cash has been piled on)

50 minutes ago, giblet said:

family hasnt moved up here...  Hope it goes the way of the Bolton rumour.  1/6 looks pretty much a certainty though. (unless wads of cash has been piled on)

John Hughes to take over for spell number shree at Hibs would be the obvious choice if he does leave.

6 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Alan Stubbs 1/5 to be the next Rotheram boss!! :blink:

Apparently came in from 33/1 earlier in the week.

Stubbs would do well to cover his bases, and maybe think about moving when his star is relatively high.

Hibs may well lose some important players this summer and another failure to get out of a pretty tough division would see him getting booted next May.

The goodwill of the cup win won't last long if Hibs start the season badly. 

Barton. It can be rationalised from a purely footballing point of view I suppose, but it is a terrible idea and will end up in tears. El-Hadj Djouf (who was probably a better player) springs to mind, the kind of pension fund signing that Scottish football should have moved on from. Surprised at Warburton, goes against most of what he has done in his career.