Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 23 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

Dearie me you don't need to be a clairvoyant to think that Hibs are much more likely to be promoted now after three years of fecking about. He will grind it out. If Lennon fails to get promotion next year I will be SHOCKED. 

I really am surprised Lennon took this job but then maybe not so. If he impresses with Hibs he will be more marketable than anything he did with Celtic. 

Crazy as it sounds but Scottish football is looking a tiny bit more interesting these days...

2 hours ago, dan cake said:

i feel physically sick at the thought of neil lennon managing hibernian fc

apart from pat nevin is there a bigger whank involved in football

andy walker?

craig burley?

34 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Dearie me you don't need to be a clairvoyant to think that Hibs are much more likely to be promoted now after three years of fecking about. He will grind it out. If Lennon fails to get promotion next year I will be SHOCKED. 

I really am surprised Lennon took this job but then maybe not so. If he impresses with Hibs he will be more marketable than anything he did with Celtic. 

Crazy as it sounds but Scottish football is looking a tiny bit more interesting these days...

Kinda' this. People forget Lennon was very good at grinding stuff out when it mattered.

However there are going to be so many teams that can take point off each other in that league... and if he fails, then where does he go after? Suppose pretty brave in that respect. Have to think, though, he probably wouldn't have taken if it wasn't backed up by cash...

9 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Kinda' this. People forget Lennon was very good at grinding stuff out when it mattered.

However there are going to be so many teams that can take point off each other in that league... and if he fails, then where does he go after? Suppose pretty brave in that respect. Have to think, though, he probably wouldn't have taken if it wasn't backed up by cash...

York City ?

55 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Completely agree. These higher profile imported "personalities" will do our game no harm. Said it earlier, Aberdeen and Hearts need to step up (and I don't mean Miles Storie or Connor Sammon). 

4 hours ago, dan cake said:

i feel physically sick at the thought of neil lennon managing hibernian fc

apart from pat nevin is there a bigger whank involved in football

You'll be buying NL gear before you know it and singing one Neil Lennon.

plus he hates hearts, so surely that must be a positive for you 

4 hours ago, kumnio said:

Dundee have sign Mark O'Hara from Kilmarnock, thats a pretty good signing for us, I think he was highly rated at Killie.

Hes pish, liability. Never a defender mind you so that probably hasnt helped.

35 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Aberdeen would have done well to get him but lack of ambition fron the dons made sure that would never happen.

Great appointment by Hibs and an ambitious one at that.

You talking about the lad released by the team that just avoided relegation or the Manager who is currently out of work?  While we showed a horrible lack of ambition in January not sure why either of these two would even be close to being considered targets for Aberdeen right now. 

59 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Aberdeen would have done well to get him but lack of ambition fron the dons made sure that would never happen.

:lol:

Lennon ?

Fuxsake. My mum could get Hibs out of that league next season. Stubbs was such a failure (league wise), their next manager was always going to get a free ticket.

16 hours ago, deecie said:

I had similar thoughts having seen her online, but up close..... I wouldn't touch her with yours.

In that case... don't want him!! 

Still its Maryhill so she might still be of a higher standard :)

16 hours ago, giblet said:

hearing Aberdeens McSorley Twins (google them on incognito... ;)), were trying to tap Cummings to Aberdeen on the behest of their message board.

Twins? I had heard about one of them before I went to Ibiza for a stag do recently although I didn't see her over there!! Interesting character :) Didn't know there was a sister. 

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

Ambitious? A guy sacked by a team he pretty much relegated and whose only subsequent job offer came from a team stuck in the Scottish 2nd Division.

Right you are.

11 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Completely agree. These higher profile imported "personalities" will do our game no harm. Said it earlier, Aberdeen and Hearts need to step up (and I don't mean Miles Storie or Connor Sammon). 

'Step up' by spending money to bring in 'personalities' and try to compete with the OF? Speaking as a fan of a club that is barely three years out of an administration process that took us to the very brink of oblivion, I'm glad we are now run by a board that has a bit more sense than that. Granted we took spending money we never had to a new level, but even at less all utterly mad times under the likes of the pieman it was clear that chasing the OF by bringing in names was a bad idea. If the OF ramp up the spending and are competently managed they will dominate Scottish football. I'm afraid the rest of us need to concentrate on spending what money we do have well and taking advantage when either or both of 'them' falter. Miracles do happen apparently.

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

:lol:

Lennon ?

Fuxsake. My mum could get Hibs out of that league next season. Stubbs was such a failure (league wise), their next manager was always going to get a free ticket.

Lennon has no record or experience at this level, but I've a feeling he is a decent manager. If Hibs manage to hold on to most of their better players (and get any sort of money for Cummings) they'll walk the Championship now that Hearts and Rangers are out of it. Although it would be funny if they didn't.

11 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

19 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

'Step up' by spending money to bring in 'personalities' and try to compete with the OF? Speaking as a fan of a club that is barely three years out of an administration process that took us to the very brink of oblivion, I'm glad we are now run by a board that has a bit more sense than that. Granted we took spending money we never had to a new level, but even at less all utterly mad times under the likes of the pieman it was clear that chasing the OF by bringing in names was a bad idea. If the OF ramp up the spending and are competently managed they will dominate Scottish football. I'm afraid the rest of us need to concentrate on spending what money we do have well and taking advantage when either or both of 'them' falter. Miracles do happen apparently.

To be fair to SMCJ, i think he has a bit of a point when it comes to AFC. In January we lost Paul Quinn, Danny Ward & David Goodwillie. To replace those 3 we brought in Simon Church (who done very well) and a shitey goalie who couldn't keep weans out a close. We had a real chance in January to strengthen and really push Celtic (a competent GK, a commanding CB and a decent wide man would've seen us come a lot closer to winning the league). 

This summer we've lost 8 players and thus far have brought in 2 (3 if you include Rogers returning from his loan at Falkirk). I'd like to think we have scope to make some signings that show a bit of intent and ambition. Although obviously that has to happen without us overspending, i don't think (m)any Aberdeen fans want to see us "speculate to accumulate" as such.