Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 26 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

13 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

With the exception of a few games at the start in Division 3, our home gates were rarely close to 40k. I've been there throughout and it was under 30k most weeks, sometimes a lot less than that. Extra 10k punters x £20/game = £2m + savings on dross players released + increased revenue from merchandise (TBC) + increased revenue from hospitality + increased revenue from TV deals etc. etc.

Season tickets are expected to be up by approximately 8-10k from, say, the 2nd division.

Crude arithmetic, I know, but you get the gist hopefully.

I meant to acknowledge this yesterday. My mistake re crowds in the past few seasons, I honestly thought they were usually around the 40,000 mark. Take your points, all fair ones I'm sure. The question is whether, considering that they started from a loss making position, the increase in revenue is really sufficient to justify borrowing £5m at this stage. If it were me I'd be very wary of that.

Guest BlueGaz
52 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

I meant to acknowledge this yesterday. My mistake re crowds in the past few seasons, I honestly thought they were usually around the 40,000 mark. Take your points, all fair ones I'm sure. The question is whether, considering that they started from a loss making position, the increase in revenue is really sufficient to justify borrowing £5m at this stage. If it were me I'd be very wary of that.

I don't think anyone can deny there is some risk attached.  Personally, I feel that the income this year will far outweigh the risk of a £5m loan from the shareholders.  £5m is a very healthy budget for Rangers considering where they have been recently and where they are now.  I think if we knew the terms of the loan we would be far better placed to judge the future, it being soft.

On the subject of something other than Rangers, Dundee Utd are surely about to sign Stewart Murdoch now he's been released by Ross County.  Also, McKinnon is trying to persuade Cammy Bell to come to Tannadice (slightly Rangers related I suppose).

Currently 2500 season tickets sold which I would have thought was quite alarming, but they seem to think it's ok.  Haven't renewed my lot yet.

2 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Young Ben Hall signs for Brighton after playing about 20 games for Motherwell. 

These young guys must drive their clubs mad. Lets hope he's not another Paul Slane. 

As many as 20?

:lol:

A bit disappointing as he looked a decent player, would've been great to get a few seasons from him and get a decent fee when he moved on.

He'll be getting far more money than we could've offered him, but probably never see first team football again unless he's loaned out to Stevenage or Kettering.

Guest BlueGaz
3 hours ago, adamntg said:

Currently 2500 season tickets sold which I would have thought was quite alarming, but they seem to think it's ok.  Haven't renewed my lot yet.

Whats your average over the last few years as a matter of interest?

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:27 AM, BlueGaz said:

It's not usual rumour, its been reported and King was quoted.  That said, its only correct if the report is correct.

I think both are right, fundamentally it is a debt, there is no getting away from it.  However its a 'soft loan', and not knowing the details of that loan or the thoughts of the lenders, its difficult to say if it will potentially cause any issues.  It could be that it is written off in one way or another, we don't know.

Also, in the big scheme of things, it is only £5m.  Season tickets this season should mount to c£20m, and then there is the potential to start getting merchandise profit again etc, so although its a loan on paper, I think they are being very conservative.

Edit:  not all aimed at you Rossy, can't quote RB.

I think its usually between 4-5000.

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, adamntg said:

About 5000.  

They claim they're on course, I hae ma doots.

Suppose it is to be expected after last season and relegation.  

It's all went quiet from AFC. No 'keeper, centre half or hard midfielder signed and we have our first competitive game in 2 weeks. 

No wonder season ticket sales have been shite.  

Just now, Parklife said:

It's all went quiet from AFC. No 'keeper, centre half or hard midfielder signed and we have our first competitive game in 2 weeks. 

No wonder season ticket sales have been shite.  

Looks like somebody's missed today's big pie announcement.

27 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Suppose it is to be expected after last season and relegation.  

yep. I think if Mckinnon puts a decent team together and they start to play reasonable stuff then the crowds will hold up. but I don't think many are rushing to renew season tickets at the moment understandably! its the old story if they are there or there abouts for promotion then the crowds will be good, possibly even better than last season.

3 hours ago, ShedTA said:

yep. I think if Mckinnon puts a decent team together and they start to play reasonable stuff then the crowds will hold up. but I don't think many are rushing to renew season tickets at the moment understandably! its the old story if they are there or there abouts for promotion then the crowds will be good, possibly even better than last season.

There's no need to buy a season ticket. There's bound to be some games in the dark winter months that you won't be interested in. If you just buy for the games you go to it'll save you some pennies. 

3 minutes ago, deecie said:

I won't believe it until I see him in TESCO.

He's from Fulham. He'll be in sainsburys or markies. 

Tesco players are below the targets of the famous. 

Completely unrelated,but my mate just sold a tin of paint to Darren Mackie on gumtree. He haggled him from £8 to £5. He would be a tesco shopper,probably late in the evening when the price drops come into effect.