Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 28 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

17 hours ago, Garywag said:

Wimbledon striker Ade Azeez signs for Thistle.

Anyone know much about him? I see he won the penalty that resulted in the winner for Wimbledon in playoff final and I guess he's probably been kept out of the team most of the season by our former loan star Lyle Taylor who looks like hes had a pretty good season so guess no shame in that. 

Hopefully makes an impact.

Also rumoured to be signing David Syme from Killie today, can't say I know much about him either? 

He didn't get much of a chance at Killie and was injured during the latter part of 2015/16. He would probably have vied for right back with Mark O'Hara if he'd been fit. 

1 hour ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Rangers sign ancient, mediocre Clint Hill on a free.

It worked when we signed Davie Weir I suppose...

Not sure he's quite the same quality but certainly fits the experienced centre half criterion.  Do you think thats it for Warburton's 'spending spree'? I'd still like another keeper and forward.

Edited by Hertsscot

2 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Not sure he's quite the same quality but certainly fits the experienced centre half criterion.  Do you think thats it for Warburton's 'spending spree'? I'd still like another keeper and forward.

He said that he wanted to do all his business at the start of the window, so that might be it.

Still think we might see another forward, though.

5 hours ago, Stu101 said:

He said that he wanted to do all his business at the start of the window, so that might be it.

Still think we might see another forward, though.

I'd be amazed if 'that's it'. I suspect a 6-figure sum will be spent on a striker.

On 18 June 2016 at 11:09 PM, Debian said:

Weir and McParland were out in Caffè Parma earlier today with Adrian Mariappa.

Just been released by Palace. 

Watford connection with Warburton.  Saw Marriapa play quite a few times there a few years ago when Mackay was the manager and they were in the Championship.  He was a stand out for me in that team and I thought he could play at a higher level.  Amazed he's only 29, I'd have thought he was older.   A good deal if it comes off but he won't be on buttons. 

Dundee United not signing Sean Longstaff on loan from Newcastle.  

Stoke City interested in Harry Souttar because, you know, he's served his three match apprenticeship in the first team at Tannadice and desperately needs a move to an English academy squad before he goes stale at 17.

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

Hopefully a bit of money coming to Celtic for that deal. 

Was wondering if they had a sell on. Canny see Wanyama playing much though, spurs have a bog squad and some good players.