Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 31 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

11 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

After last nights performance I'd imagine he's out of our price range now!

Plus I think it's a backup we're looking to sign so don't think he'd want to come and sit on the bench.

He's a free agent, but imagine he will be looking at Championship, maybe even bottom half EPL side after last night. Although he may fancy Rangers (it's not stretching things to imagine he might have a soft spot?)

Possibly a conscious decision by him (or his agent) to wait until after the euros, to see if his stock rose?

Just now, sbcmfc said:

He's a free agent, but imagine he will be looking at Championship, maybe even bottom half EPL side after last night. Although he may fancy Rangers (it's not stretching things to imagine he might have a soft spot?)

Possibly a conscious decision by him (or his agent) to wait until after the euros, to see if his stock rose?

He started at Celtic and he's from Fermanagh so I'd guess the boot may be on the other foot. 

Aberdeen spoke to McGovern before he went to the Euros but he declined to give an answer until after the Euros. Obviously trying to put himself in the shop window and earn a big move which after last night would appear entirely possible. Hence the reason Aberdeen signed Joe Lewis and Neil Alexander.

5 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I'd quite like to see him at Rangers but I suspect every god performance adds a potential £5k to his potential weekly wage and I agree that the Championship is a more likely destination

1 minute ago, giblet said:

Whats the Rangers fans on here thinking about your two new experienced midfielders, surely it means that either Holt or Halliday will now struggle now for a place? 

As Halliday is utterly fecking pish, i'd say it's a good thing for Rangers. 

Halliday done a job for us last season (while playing out of position) and Holt started the season excellently but had a very quiet second half.  Barton and Krancjar undoubtedly add quality to that midfield and by all accounts Rossiter looks to be a decent addition as well.  Throw in Crooks and Windass to a midfield that already has Forrester, Mckay & O'Halloran as well as those already mentioned and we're suddenly challenging Celtic for the most midfielders!!

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Halliday done a job for us last season (while playing out of position) and Holt started the season excellently but had a very quiet second half.  Barton and Krancjar undoubtedly add quality to that midfield and by all accounts Rossiter looks to be a decent addition as well.  Throw in Crooks and Windass to a midfield that already has Forrester, Mckay & O'Halloran as well as those already mentioned and we're suddenly challenging Celtic for the most midfielders!!

To be fair, Windass, Forrester, Mckay & O'Halloran are more likely to play in a front three than a central 3.

I thought Halliday, generally, had a very good season for us. I picked Parkie up before for his "feckin pish" type reviews by mitigating that he played out of position all season and that seemed to placate him but I note that's been forgotten about again...

Holt, I suspect, won't ever be quite good enough but he is certainly one of the best at finding space that I've seen in a while at Ibrox. He drifts in and out of games though.

Overall, good competition in midfield now but I reckon that should be our lot. Windass and Crooks are more for the future, I reckon.

2 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

I thought Halliday, generally, had a very good season for us. I picked Parkie up before for his "feckin pish" type reviews by mitigating that he played out of position all season and that seemed to placate him but I note that's been forgotten about again...

You can think you are "picking me up" all you like, you're not. You're simply disagreeing. I think he's pish, you're entirely welcome to think i'm talking pish and that he's brilliant. :ok: 

2 hours ago, Donaldo87 said:

Motherwell with 3 (three) signings today.  

We shall see how that pans out. Always a chance you'll find a gem in the conference but just as likely to be a dud. 

22, 23 and 26 year old and on 2/3 year contracts rather than the usual one year and they've played at reasonable level. Happy with that. 

Rumours Pearson heading back to India. 

2 hours ago, Och Aye said:

22, 23 and 26 year old and on 2/3 year contracts rather than the usual one year and they've played at reasonable level. Happy with that. 

Rumours Pearson heading back to India. 

Bannigan has been offered a deal, Brill having a medical before discussing a contract and McDonald to re-sign.

Pearson has been offered silly money from an Indian club so he may be off and we'll get a decent fee for him into the bargain.

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

You can think you are "picking me up" all you like, you're not. You're simply disagreeing. I think he's pish, you're entirely welcome to think i'm talking pish and that he's brilliant. :ok: 

he doesn't necessarily have to be either pish or brilliant. from the games I have seen he is very much in between. decent, unspectacular but certainly wouldn't be out of his depth against many of the midfielders he will be up against next season. unless however you are comparing him to the German or French midfield then I would agree that he is indeed pish.

7 hours ago, Parklife said:

How many times did you see him play? 

I think he did ok, particularly when you consider its not his natural position. And in the most important game of the season he was very good. Either that or Scott Brown was so bad it made him look good.