Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 46 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

7 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

An improvement on what they have surely?

What they have must be really fecking pish, if that's the case. 

I'd rather have Ash Taylor than Senderos and he's rank. 

Warburton' strategy seems to be sign any old pish or past it player from England. Bizarre considering how over payed players are down there. 

Edited by Parklife

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Warburton' strategy seems to be sign any old pish or past it player from England. Bizarre considering how over payed players are down there. 

Also a bit bizarre considering he'd got a reputation for bringing in and developing young talent. In fairness he has done that with the recruitment of Windass, Rossiter etc. but the likes of Hill are a bit uninspiring.  Of course if big Clint scores us the goal to win the league I'll be happy to be proved wrong.

42 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Also a bit bizarre considering he'd got a reputation for bringing in and developing young talent. In fairness he has done that with the recruitment of Windass, Rossiter etc. but the likes of Hill are a bit uninspiring.  Of course if big Clint scores us the goal to win the league I'll be happy to be proved wrong.

You won't get far with a team as young as the one we had last season. Only really Wallace and Miller were what you would class as experience. We needed to add that to the squad and that's what he's done with Hill, Barton and Krancjar. Whether those particular players turn out to be the right ones is yet to be seen but there's no doubt we had to add experience. 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

The average age of the players we have signed since the end of last season is just over 26.

But, yeah,the defense pish. But its not Senderos pish. 

6 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Talking of PNE, any news on Stevie May once tipped for great things but seemingly now disappeared of the radar?

If a club can bring him back to full fitness and get a bit of confidence in him once again, they'd have a good player on their hands.

He'd be a good loan signing or free transfer for a mid table Scottish Premiership side.

Hill signing was a bizarre one, as would Senderos be. Up until Hill I was pleased with the signings made, and with who we moved on, although my biggest concern is that the centre of defence still hasn't been addressed. 

Pasta Micks assessment of Garner seems pretty consistent with what I've read. He has been prolific in England at a certain level, time will tell if that's good enough for up here. 

I suppose you could point to Griffiths, Miller and Rooney, who didn't exactly set things alight down there but have come up here and been excellent at times. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Warburton has apparently said that Senderos is not the #1 defensive target.  The Sun are now reporting that we are "closing in" on Joleon Lescott.......

His face would get lost in front of the home crowd. 

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Warburton has apparently said that Senderos is not the #1 defensive target.  The Sun are now reporting that we are "closing in" on Joleon Lescott.......

That would be a great move. Though don't know what it says about Clint Hill- both being older, left footed centre backs.

13 hours ago, Stu101 said:

He wasn't great, but no one was in that team.

He can mark and head the ball, which is a step up from what we have at the moment.

Villa fans pleased to see him away, from their forum:

"Never rated him when he was playing for England and was horrified we signed him. Awful player who stole a living last season and I'm delighted he will never stain villa park again."

"So long Mr villa fan if any one will have you"

Earlier in the season, atreu Villa legend Paul McGrath made some very damaging comments comments in reponse to Lescott's tweet that getting relegated was "a weight off the mind", mostly along the lines of he only went to Villa for the money. No-one was great at Villa last year but some, Richards, Agbonlahor, Lescott, seemed to be particularly disliked because of their atttiude as much as their lack of ability (e.g. Westwood)

Edited by Hertsscot

1 hour ago, Mazziessc said:

Lescot and Senderos would be the best CB pairing in the league, regardless of age. In fact with a better goalkeeper, it would be the best defence in the league. 

:lol: 

post of the year! 

2 hours ago, Mazziessc said:

Lescot and Senderos would be the best CB pairing in the league, regardless of age. In fact with a better goalkeeper, it would be the best defence in the league. 

You just made my afternoon tea go up my nose.