Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 47 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

12 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Lescott deal done by all accounts.

Happier with this than I was with the Senderos link. Lescott is far more mobile and given the current style of play we need our centre backs to be able to cover the gaps left when the fullbacks go forward.

2 hours ago, Mazziessc said:

Massive step up for the lad. 

:lol: 

Seen as Paterson's greatest attributes are his physicality and his pace, i'm sure he'll thrive down south. 

I've no idea what Patterson is worth in today's market. The money in England is mental, but our league's players just aren't valued like many other countries, It's clear the step up from our top league to the EPL is far too big now. Putting skill to one side, the physicality and pace (not to mention the way games are refereed here) down south are such that promising players here just can't handle it. Championship first for a year or two to adapt is the only way that they can cope. 

A lot of figures being thrown around for Lescotts wage from £6k to £8k to £18k.

I'd suspect it's around the £8k mark?

No idea if he'll be any good. Didn't rate him 5 years ago but haven't taken any notice of him since back then!

18 minutes ago, macy37 said:

No idea if he'll be any good. Didn't rate him 5 years ago but haven't taken any notice of him since back then!

Outrageous even if it's the lowest fee you have quoted. Never mind though, they are the peepel. :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, macy37 said:

I really hope they are paying him £18k.

12 hours ago, macy37 said:

Seemingly we've offered him more than Sunderland, so its going to be high.

I suppose there seems to be a premium these days for decent players in his position, which will filter down the market.

Anyway- cant be worse than what we have at any rate.

4 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Rumours of Harry Souttar to Stoke.

More than a rumour.  United accepted £200k plus add-ons and a sell-on fee a few days ago.  He's down there discussing terms and Ray McKinnon is already planning how to spend the money.

At least he stayed longer (three first team games) than Kieron Freeman who went to Southampton (no first team games).  Makes Scott Allan (ten first team games) seem like he deserved a testimonial.