Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 49 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

On 20/08/2016 at 8:17 PM, RenfrewBlue said:

Apparently he was a fans favourite at PNE so he must have something about him. Time will tell if he's got what it takes for Rangers. 

Pretty sure Warburton researches his players via their stats so he must have something in mind for the guy.

He was a fans favourite at Preston. He is a Preston fan, worked hard, scored some cracking goals and helped them get promoted to the Championship. He's not good enough for the Championship but fans like him for other reasons. As a part-time PNE fan, I'm glad he is away because he can't cut it at this level but there is pressure from fans to include him. 

10 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

He was a fans favourite at Preston. He is a Preston fan, worked hard, scored some cracking goals and helped them get promoted to the Championship. He's not good enough for the Championship but fans like him for other reasons. As a part-time PNE fan, I'm glad he is away because he can't cut it at this level but there is pressure from fans to include him. 

How do you think he will fare up here? 

57 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Aye, seems to be that sort of player. I read somewhere that he was the most fouled player in the league last year, as well as being the player that committed the most fouls. 

At least the fact he puts himself about a bit means he's different from the players we already have.

Maybe we'll start to score some more headed goals then.

4 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Aye, seems to be that sort of player. I read somewhere that he was the most fouled player in the league last year, as well as being the player that committed the most fouls. 

Another Waghorn then.

10 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

How long does he have left on his contract?  I'd imagine Everton would be wanting to a recoup a fair chunk of the £13M they paid for him.

£5m was mentioned but I think it might be a wee bit richer than that. I think he has a couple of years left.

24 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Is that the boy someone on here was always obsessed with and kept saying he was the best young player Walter Smith had ever worked with?

He did look a cracking prospect when he came through but he was made of glass and I'd hazard a guess he's spent more time in the physic's room than on the training pitch since he left Ibrox.  If he can get close to anything like the form he showed back in 2011/12 he'd be a decent signing but I doubt he will.