Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 53 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

41 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I could be picking you up wrong here but you did say Rangers claimed he failed a medical when there is no evidence to back that up.  Lets face it, none of us know what the "personal reasons" are.  I've heard loads of rumours from Rangers changing the deal at the last minute due to the state of his knees to Lescott asking for more money at the last minute.  Whatever the real reason is, I doubt Lescott would have been up here undergoing a medical if he wasn't at least offered something which initially was satisfactory.  I also find it highly unlikely that Rangers would make an offer and then go "actually, we can't afford it" for no reason.  The double standards from people towards Rangers signing policy is laughable.  If they sign Barton or Krancjar on (supposedly) big wages then it's a waste of money and they've not learned their lesson.  If they refuse to throw money at Lescott it's a sign that their skint and don't have any money and the board are all money grabbing liars.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm lead to believe that the Senderos deal is now completed.....

thats a fair comment FB - but I hope its not directed at me most of it. point me to any post where i have said Barton, Krancjar or anyone else signed by you was a waste of money. Any comment from me would be questioning whether they really have the money for these signings but only time will tell.

Thats good news for you re Senderos - unsure how it will pan out but assume the club have kept the money sensible.

12 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Ever though the "personal reasons" were that he didn't like reduced terms offered after what showed up on his medical? Its obviously a blanket term used to cover absolutely everything. The money angle doesn't make sense- considering what we paid a few days later.  

Have to say, you do come across as a bit obsessed with this one.

the obsessed thing is pretty boring now really Stu.

3 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

the obsessed thing is pretty boring now really Stu.

Fair enough.

For me, of all the daft stuff the club has done over the last wee while, what they have done here seems sensible. It may prove wrong (he was Stokes player of the season only two years ago), but at least its been done for the right reasons.

20 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Fair enough.

For me, of all the daft stuff the club has done over the last wee while, what they have done here seems sensible. It may prove wrong (he was Stokes player of the season only two years ago), but at least its been done for the right reasons.

aye fair enough he may turn out to be a very handy signing for you, and it is a lot of money. it shouldnt be for a club your size but you are still getting the ship in order.

Guest BlueGaz
6 minutes ago, Ormond said:

You do know that if you mention a club on here other than your own you are labelled as obsessed, don't you? It's standard TAMB.

I have said it myself to a couple of people and agree its getting boring, but to be fair, the members in question deserve it.  Read their posts.  Constant. Easier to mute them though.  Its not just a case of mentioning another team.

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Aberdeen apparently trying to get a 19 year old midfielder on loan from Norwich - James Madison. 

I'd rather a big hard, dirty b@st@rd in the middle of the park. 

Yes.

Right now, i'd be considering offering McLean and Pawlett to Partick Thistle in exchange for Osman and Lawless.

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

The double standards from people towards Rangers signing policy is laughable.  If they sign Barton or Krancjar on (supposedly) big wages then it's a waste of money and they've not learned their lesson.  If they refuse to throw money at Lescott it's a sign that their skint and don't have any money and the board are all money grabbing liars.

Is it double standards if the opinions are coming from different people? I don't think I've ever said anything, on here or elsewhere, criticising the 'lack' of investment from King, or any refusal to finance the wages for the likes of Lescott or Senderos. Some have obviously. What I have said since before Rangers even kicked a ball in League 2 is that they have wasted huge amounts of money on 'name' players, players that often weren't even suited to the level they were at, and that far better value could have been found from within the game in Scotland in the lower leagues. Templeton, Shiels, Black, Boyd - list goes on and on. SPL players signed to play against Queens Park, Annan and Elgin, rather than working to identify the better players from our Championship or even League 1, then build a stronger squad as they moved through the leagues. It looked like Rangers somehow couldn't bring themselves to do that, they had to be seen to be signing SPL players.

Warburton (who I have said from day one is a good manager) moved away from that, he went to the lower leagues in England (which he knew well) to strengthen, and off-loaded much of what were really vanity signings by McCoist. Fair play to him for that. This season though he seems to have gone for a couple of 'We're back!' signings, and the Barton one really does feel like a misjudged attempt at a 'get-it-up-yae' towards the SPL in general, and Celtic in particular. It is early doors on Barton of course, but I've seen nothing yet to question my original suspicion that he will prove to be a gobby waste of money. We'll all find out as the season takes shape over the next couple of months.

1 minute ago, Baz said:

I'm sure that will go down well in the Adam family.

His wee brother will be raging.

Aren't they Dundee United fans?

I used to work with a guy that was a drinking buddy of Charlie's Dad before he passed. I'm positive they were a United family.

Edited by Ormond

16 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I used to work with a guy that was a drinking buddy of Charlie's Dad before he passed. I'm positive they were a United family.

Are Dundee Utd fans known for getting done for sectarian offences?

23 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Definitely not, they are all good Dundee fans. 

11 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Rodgers obviously rates him having signed him for Liverpool but will Celtic fans really be happy with signing Charlie Adam?!

Rodgers didn't sign him for Liverpool, on the contrary, he sold him !

It was Dalglish who signed Adam for Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Pool Q said:

Is it double standards if the opinions are coming from different people? I don't think I've ever said anything, on here or elsewhere, criticising the 'lack' of investment from King, or any refusal to finance the wages for the likes of Lescott or Senderos. Some have obviously. What I have said since before Rangers even kicked a ball in League 2 is that they have wasted huge amounts of money on 'name' players, players that often weren't even suited to the level they were at, and that far better value could have been found from within the game in Scotland in the lower leagues. Templeton, Shiels, Black, Boyd - list goes on and on. SPL players signed to play against Queens Park, Annan and Elgin, rather than working to identify the better players from our Championship or even League 1, then build a stronger squad as they moved through the leagues. It looked like Rangers somehow couldn't bring themselves to do that, they had to be seen to be signing SPL players.

Warburton (who I have said from day one is a good manager) moved away from that, he went to the lower leagues in England (which he knew well) to strengthen, and off-loaded much of what were really vanity signings by McCoist. Fair play to him for that. This season though he seems to have gone for a couple of 'We're back!' signings, and the Barton one really does feel like a misjudged attempt at a 'get-it-up-yae' towards the SPL in general, and Celtic in particular. It is early doors on Barton of course, but I've seen nothing yet to question my original suspicion that he will prove to be a gobby waste of money. We'll all find out as the season takes shape over the next couple of months.

Hard to disagree with most of this. If I remember correctly we didn't even have a scouting system until Warburton took over... as in "we'll just buy our way back to the top...."

The Barton experiment will be an interesting one. Remember he was in the Championship team of the year last season, but looks like a player thats missed a large chunk of pre-season at the moment (which, obviously, he did). That said he's not the type of player that will break teams down, rather break play up. Whats why I have a feeling he may come into his own in the games coming up. Time will tell.