Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 56 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

How we viewing the four past-it haddies Warburton has signed after Saturday? I'd rate them as follows: 

- Barton: 3/10 - better at tweeting and phoning radio shows than he is at football

- Krancjar: 4/10 - looks like he's been playing at 2nd division level in the USA

- Hill: 1/10 - Will we ever see him again? Is 37 but looks like a 47 year old

- Senderos: 2/10 - Gets a 2 because he's only had one shocking game. As i said upon his signing, he's been a joke figure and an abysmal defender his whole career. 

Windass looks a decent player though. If only Warburton had been more sensible and signed young hungry players like him. Rather than over paid, over the hill diddies from the English market. 

I totally agree on Hill. he's looked rubbish and lacking in concentration since he signed. even looked poor in the league cup strolls against the lower league teams.

Barton didn't have a proper pre-season so there's still time but he played in a defensive team who counter attacked last season and that's definitely not Warburtons style.

Krancjar has been very good so far, except in the OF game which didn't suit him at all. he's scored a few and made more than any other player so far. I'd say if he is used appropriately he'll be a success.

Senderos has just joined and had one game when not match fit in a side which was getting pumped. Too early to judge him.

Hopefully you'll get my reasoning even if you don't agree. ? 

12 minutes ago, BremnerLorimerGray said:

As an aside, Rob Kiernan is one of the poorest players I've seen in a long time.

Certainly looked it in the cup final.

On another point, why is it that didn't Barton didn't have a pre-season? He signed fairly early in the summer from what I can remember, was he injured when he signed or something? Or was he just too busy on Talksport - telling us all how good he is - to train?

18 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Certainly looked it in the cup final.

On another point, why is it that didn't Barton didn't have a pre-season? He signed fairly early in the summer from what I can remember, was he injured when he signed or something? Or was he just too busy on Talksport - telling us all how good he is - to train?

The latter but not for Talksport. I think it was ITV he was in France with.

Surely you can see his mouth is match fit?

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

One game I think. it was just 2 bookings wasn't it?

Cheers,didn't see the game so wasn't sure if it was straight red or not.

36 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The latter but not for Talksport. I think it was ITV he was in France with.

Surely you can see his mouth is match fit?

Wasn't there a story about that if Rangers had to play their league cup 1/4 final on the Wednesday,he wouldn't be available as he had to be at a book signing in London?

21 minutes ago, BremnerLorimerGray said:

Strachan's assertion that no one knew who Luis Suarez was before Kenny Dal signed him for Liverpool is mental and worrying at the same time.

I'd seen him several times for Ajax and Uruguay. You wouldn't exactly need to be a big statto to at least be aware of him.

I'm sure anybody really keen would've been aware of him at Groningen.

26 minutes ago, BremnerLorimerGray said:

Strachan's assertion that no one knew who Luis Suarez was before Kenny Dal signed him for Liverpool is mental and worrying at the same time.

:lol: 

What a clown of a man. 

2 hours ago, BremnerLorimerGray said:

Very worrying. Scary how poor all Scottish managers are looking at the moment. It wasn't that long ago that Scottish manager dominated in England and OF. Now I'm not sure there is a single credible Scottish manager at the top level. 

3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Cheers,didn't see the game so wasn't sure if it was straight red or not.

Wasn't there a story about that if Rangers had to play their league cup 1/4 final on the Wednesday,he wouldn't be available as he had to be at a book signing in London?

Not aware of that one but wouldn't be surprised to be honest.

Maybe if Barton feels bad enough about getting his arse felt in the OF game he'll actually concentrate on the football.