Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 68 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

On 09/01/2017 at 4:33 PM, SMcoolJ said:

Are Aberdeen ceasing to exist post Jan?!  If all these rumours are to be believed we appear to be having a closing down sale!  Seems only McLean not mentioned - and he's now played two half decent games in a row. 

Anyone bidding for Angus the Bull?

Ryan Jack must be away to Inter Milan soon , surely?

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

I heard that Inter are spending their millions on trying to get Jason Cummings, and a shirt big enough to fit him.

That'll need to be some size of shirt then. ? 

I'm sure they could afford Ryan Jack too. 

On 06/01/2017 at 8:34 PM, macy37 said:

Folk honestly think £3m for a Snoddy out of contract is an insult?

Even in contract it's decent for a hugely overrated player. 1 in every 10 he performs and has a decent set piece on him.

A mirror of that Forrest.

Do you watch football? Snoddy is the reason why hull aren't already relegated

L

On 08/01/2017 at 1:13 PM, faircity said:

I get the feeling that Considine would rather remove his eyeballs with a shoehorne and pack the cavity with freshly despatched jobbies than play for that outfit. 

??

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

L

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

L

Bollocks.

And they'll go down regardless. 

3 minutes ago, Debian said:

On the same day we release Tom Walsh, Scott Roberts (away to Raith) and Ryan Sinnamon.

Guy on Rangers Media who goes to all the U21 games said Bates has been rotten.

If's not been able to get a sniff at our first team given our issues in central defence then he can't be up to much.

4 hours ago, Debian said:

On the same day we release Tom Walsh, Scott Roberts (away to Raith) and Ryan Sinnamon.

Didn't Tom Walsh play a bit in the first team? I'm sure i recall seeing him before. Looked alright too if i'm not mistaken? 

4 hours ago, Debian said:

I'm disappointed that we've released Tom Walsh. He looked promising a season or two ago but hasn't been able to break into the team under Warburton. Midfield is an area where we are probably over-equipped at the moment so it was going to be difficult for him but I reckon he could still do a good job at a decent standard elsewhere. Then again, I thought Robbie Crawford was going to be decent and he's ended up at EK so I'm perhaps not a great judge of midfielders.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Didn't Tom Walsh play a bit in the first team? I'm sure i recall seeing him before. Looked alright too if i'm not mistaken? 

Yup.  Started under Warburton in the Championship, and was farmed out on Loan.  He was highly rated, and seemed to be decent at St Mirren this season too.  I can see him being picked up and doing well.

1 hour ago, thewolf_1980 said:

I'm disappointed that we've released Tom Walsh. He looked promising a season or two ago but hasn't been able to break into the team under Warburton. Midfield is an area where we are probably over-equipped at the moment so it was going to be difficult for him but I reckon he could still do a good job at a decent standard elsewhere. Then again, I thought Robbie Crawford was going to be decent and he's ended up at EK so I'm perhaps not a great judge of midfielders.

Robbie Crawford signed with East Kilbride last week.

2 hours ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

Dons confirm a bid for Hayes has been rejected so that'll be him away on the 31st.

http://www.afc.co.uk/news/9032.php#.WHiOmVOLS00

I'd like to think that if we're confident enough to be reporting that we've knocked back the bid we are confident of keeping Hayes. I say this on the basis of us never reporting anything. 

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

I'd like to think that if we're confident enough to be reporting that we've knocked back the bid we are confident of keeping Hayes. I say this on the basis of us never reporting anything. 

And that they're potentially not aware of any release clause number, if indeed there is one.

I'd embarrass the  k u n t s and say what they've offered.....

27 minutes ago, Exglasgowasc said:

It was £850k

I'm amazed that Aberdeen didn't bite their hand off for that. We're the worst club in the world at playing hardball when it comes to selling our best players.

Cardiff should come back with a 500K bid. Aberdeen will just say 'aye, aw right then'.

54 minutes ago, Exglasgowasc said:

It was £850k

Are you permitted to say where / who that came from ?  A text will suffice. ;) 

If true, I suspect they'll go another 150k and he'll be away. 

Although personally, I think he's worth (far?) more looking at comparables.....

22 minutes ago, Redz said:

Are you permitted to say where / who that came from ?  A text will suffice. ;) 

If true, I suspect they'll go another 150k and he'll be away. 

Although personally, I think he's worth (far?) more looking at comparables.....

Given his worth to the team, and given that he's one of the best and most creative players in the Scottish leagues, Aberdeen would be insane to let him go for that.

Teams like Celtic can quote ludicrous amounts for untested players. Time for Aberdeen to do the same with our best players.

Rather not say at the moment Redz. I'm led to believe that McInnes is hopeful both McGinn and Hayes will still be with us until the summer. Both are actually very happy at Aberdeen although McGinn's agent is playing games at the moment playing on the fact that Niall has been benched a lot recently I'd personally be surprised if one or both don't leave in the summer. If you want to read more into things with Jonny just look at who has his arm round him talking in his ear walking down the track after the tims game at home and likewise on the track at hampden after the cup final