Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 75 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

4 hours ago, wanderer said:

Not sure it was Flo, but Hermann Hreiðarsson that Aitken was after (think we even had him on trial) but were not prepared to pay (what was then considered) a pretty reasonable transfer fee

100% Hreidarsson. And yes he did play in at least 1 reserve match. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/archives/football/160900/hermann-hreidarsson-rues-his-missed-spl-moves/

Edited by AberdeenAngus

4 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Can't say source. But confirmed that Cardiff were only offering 500k for Hayes with the payments over two years. Joke. 

Fair enough

'IF' that's the case, AFC should show the shysters for what they are.

They're playing a very dangerous game with the support if they don't.

Another one from left field for Hearts, Andraz Struna, Slovenian international full back (can play right or left). Good pedigree but hasn't played for 6 months. Love how Hearts are doing business now; keep everything under wraps until a player signs. Meanwhile the record/sun scramble around knowing nothing 

Actually, while we're at it, I'd like to state that this shite rips ma knitting.

Cardiff wouldnae even consider such an insulting piss-take if it was a player who belonged to Celtic or Rangers. They think because it's a diddy club they can get away with chucking pennies at us.

McInnes needs to shut the door, slam the phone doon, and send 2 bus loads o' aging casuals down to Cardiff to boot seven shades o' shit oot of Colin W@nker.

I never liked the Welsh.

Edited by Rossy

1 minute ago, Rossy said:

Actually, while we're at it, I'd like to state that this shite rips ma knitting.

Cardiff wouldnae even consider such an insulting piss-take if it was a player who belonged to Celtic or Rangers. They think because it's a diddy club they can get away with chucking pennies at us.

McInnes needs to shut the door, slam the phone doon, and send 2 bus loads o' aging casuals down to Cardiff to boot seven shades o' shit oot of Colin W@nker.

I never liked the Welsh.

:lol:

Although, to be fair we dont have anyone Cardiff would want.

12 hours ago, Rossy said:

I never liked the Welsh.

Whilst i can see why you are annoyed, Cardiff are within their rights to offer whatever they feel they value the player at. Same way Aberdeen are perfectly within their rights to knock any bid back. 

I'm pretty sure Aberdeen (and every other club on the planet) has gone in with a bid way below the asking price for a player to test the water.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Whilst i can see why you are annoyed, Cardiff are within their rights to offer whatever they feel they value the player at. Same way Aberdeen are perfectly within their rights to knock any bid back. 

I'm pretty sure Aberdeen (and every other club on the planet) has gone in with a bid way below the asking price for a player to test the water.

Yup - they've done the testing the water/derisory part.  They've then returned with the same deal again, structured slightly differently (slightly more cash up front in the two year payment plan), which i would argue as a second bid is more derisory than the first.  What is bugging me is that we aren't just shutting the door in their faces and telling them to stop waste our time and preparations for the restart of the season - that would be the prescribed course of action for me.  We are too nice - on and off the pitch.

10 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Yup - they've done the testing the water/derisory part.  They've then returned with the same deal again, structured slightly differently (slightly more cash up front in the two year payment plan), which i would argue as a second bid is more derisory than the first.  What is bugging me is that we aren't just shutting the door in their faces and telling them to stop waste our time and preparations for the restart of the season - that would be the prescribed course of action for me.  We are too nice - on and off the pitch.

They maybe think it's worth pursuing, i don't know. 

In other news, we've seemingly accepted £700k for Coulibaly from some Egyptian mob.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

In other news, we've seemingly accepted £700k for Coulibaly from some Egyptian mob.

Are you happy with that?  For a guy who's been here 6 months, i'd expect so?

8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That's a shame.  Better for Scottish fitba if we can keep players here.  Maybe a good deal though, i dunno?

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

Think they have now 

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/756025/Aberdeen-St-Johnstone-Stevie-May-transfer-news

Also offered Hayes further 2 year extension 

Bit about Stevie May as well