Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 99 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

10 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

One of the papers has Shaun Maloney going to Aberdeen for free. Contract at Hull is up.

I know he's from Aberdeen originally. Do his family still stay there? I'd imagine he'd get more cash elsewhere, so unless he wants to "come home" i can't see that as a goer. Would be a marque signing though for sure and i'm sure he'd still have plenty to offer both on the pitch and as an influence to guys like Scott Wright. 

Charlie Mulgrew speaking to HIbs about potential move according to Agent Scotland on twitter (despite his Sellick partisan stance, is usually on the money).

Good news that McGregor has signed a new two year deal.  Best Scottish centre half in the Premier League next season.  

27 minutes ago, giblet said:

Charlie Mulgrew speaking to HIbs about potential move according to Agent Scotland on twitter (despite his Sellick partisan stance, is usually on the money).

Surprised at that, thought he'd be able to get another Championship club down south for much more money.

Christophe Berra has apparently told Ipswich he won't be renewing his contract and is coming back to Scotland to be nearer his family.  I'd assume he'll end up back at Hearts.

Rangers are apparently close to a deal for Rashid Sumalia and keen on Bruno Alves.  Sumalia worked with Caixhina out in Qatar so that one would make sense but I'd imagine Alves would be out of our price range even at 35.

5 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Christophe Berra has apparently told Ipswich he won't be renewing his contract and is coming back to Scotland to be nearer his family.  I'd assume he'll end up back at Hearts.

Them or Rangers.

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

United have signed James Keatings on apre-contract.  He can't be any worse than Simon Murray anyway.

Keatings has been a decent impact player, scored a lot of goals in the Championship for Hamilton, Hearts and HIbs.  Maybe a player to take you up next year?

6 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers are apparently close to a deal for Rashid Sumalia and keen on Bruno Alves.  Sumalia worked with Caixhina out in Qatar so that one would make sense but I'd imagine Alves would be out of our price range even at 35.

I am slightly concerned about who Rangers will recruit for next season.

6 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Them or Rangers.

We seem to be targeting the 2 CHs I mentioned and I'd assume one of Wilson/Kiernan will still be there next season so not sure it will be us.  He'd definitely improve us though.  Not that that's saying much.

The Berra rumour has been doing the rounds since before Christmas. I've a feeling he'll end up at Rangers, even at this stage in his career he might be looking for too much for us in terms of wages. Wouldn't have thought Hibs could afford Mulgrew either, he'd be a good signing for them though if they can.

4 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

One of the papers has Shaun Maloney going to Aberdeen for free. Contract at Hull is up.

After years of Aberdeen fans telling us on here how poor Maloney is, it will be good to see him turn World class next season. 

32 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

After years of Aberdeen fans telling us on here how poor Maloney is, it will be good to see him turn World class next season. 

You're the last person who should be critical of other fans assessment of players. 

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

You're the last person who should be critical of other fans assessment of players. 

Lol!!  Beat me to it.

I've always liked Maloney. 

Edited by SMcoolJ

29 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Silly season fully in motion. 

Aberdeen now linked with an American international and adebayor. 

The Adebayor one is from someone who just changed their twitter name and picture to the same as the Scottish Sun's ones :lol: 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

For years I was the lone voice on here praising Maloney. That changed in the last campaign. It will change even more of he signs for Aberdeen. 

Edited by PASTA Mick

4 hours ago, giblet said:

Keatings has been a decent impact player, scored a lot of goals in the Championship for Hamilton, Hearts and HIbs.  Maybe a player to take you up next year?

Maybe so.

Although we need much more than just one player in all honesty.

Edited by adamntg

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Billy Gilmour signed with Chelsea.

Can't see that being a good move for the boy, other than financially.  Chelsea don't exactly have a good record at bringing through young players.

5 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Can't see that being a good move for the boy, other than financially.  Chelsea don't exactly have a good record at bringing through young players.

Might get a run out for Vitesse Arnhem.

:lol:

6 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

It's probably as good as Rangers' record, to be fair. 

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's probably as good as Rangers' record, to be fair. 

Probably not.  I can only think of John Terry coming through the ranks to be a regular at Chelsea in recent times and since he made his debut "notable" players we've brought through would include Allan McGregor, Alan Hutton, Charlie Adam, Chris Burke, Barrie Mckay, Maurice Ross (pish but was an international player), Stevie Smith, Danny Wilson, Gregg Wylde who all went on to have decent runs in the first team before moving on.  I've not counted any of the players (with the exception of McKay) who all came in to the squad when we were relegated...as that doesn't really count....

A bit of movement at Rangers.  Hyndman apparently away back to Bournemouth as out till the end of the season with an injury.  Hill has also been told his years deal won't be extended.  He's easily been our best defender but at 37 we should be looking at younger options.  Like 35 year old Bruno Alves!! Also continued rumours about Naismith coming back.