Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 104 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

59 minutes ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

McInnes confirmed that Ryan Jack has told him he's leaving in the summer.

He better not play the cup final then. Get the wee rat to feck. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He better not play the cup final then. Get the wee rat to feck. 

I think you're kidding here, but it's hard to tell on these message boards sometimes

11 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

I think you're kidding here, but it's hard to tell on these message boards sometimes

I'm not kidding. He can GTF. I want him nowhere near the line up if he's not committed. Is he putting his body on the line for us when he's already decided he's leaving? Is he feck. 

Just now, Parklife said:

I'm not kidding. He can GTF. I want him nowhere near the line up if he's not committed. Is he putting his body on the line for us when he's already decided he's leaving? Is he feck. 

Ok I understand that logic but do you really think he isn't going to give his all in a national cup final (what could be the only one he'll ever play in) Come on man.

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I get your point but is calling him a rat not a bit strong? He's given Aberdeen, what, a good 6 or 7 years of service?

10 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Ok I understand that logic but do you really think he isn't going to give his all in a national cup final (what could be the only one he'll ever play in) Come on man.

It's only natural. If he's not signed a pre-contract elsewhere then he'll be likely to shite it from tackles and try and protect himself. 

If he's signed a pre contract for someone down south then he can maybe be on the bench. Shinnie better captain the team though. 

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

I get your point but is calling him a rat not a bit strong? He's given Aberdeen, what, a good 6 or 7 years of service?

As you'll be aware, i've been Ryan Jack's biggest fan on here. However, he's deliberately kept us hanging on to see what he could get from other clubs and we've been his fall back. I've no issue with him leaving, it's his life and his career. I've an issue with him playing a manager and a club who've done everything they possibly could for him though. 

As for his destination, if it's in Govan, then i look forward to Shinnie smashing him in to next week the first time we meet and i look forward to abusing him like i've abused no other player before. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

As for his destination, if it's in Govan, then i look forward to Shinnie smashing him in to next week the first time we meet and i look forward to abusing him like i've abused no other player before. 

??

rick-410077.jpg

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

??

rick-410077.jpg

I abused him more when he played for Aberdeen than when he's played for anyone else :lol: 

That was mostly for being shite though. Jack will get abuse for being a turncoat wee rat. 

Edited by Parklife

6 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Would Shinnie not be a good example of someone who had signed a pre contract but won the cup for his current team? 

He would. Ryan Jack isn't Shinnie though. I'm sure there were ICT fans who didn't want Shinnie in their team. Maybe they were wrong. Maybe i'm wrong too. However, i want Jack nowhere near our starting 11 next Saturday. 

Edit: He'll start for Scotland every game from September on wards now...

Edited by Parklife

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Edit: He'll start for Scotland every game from September on wards now...

Hope not. The midfield 3 should be SA,SB and CMC on current form. I suspect you might be right though,which is laughable.

1 minute ago, Reevesy said:

Hope not. The midfield 3 should be SA,SB and CMC on current form. I suspect you might be right though,which is laughable.

Calum McGregor? 

I've clearly not seen him as much as you, however I'm unconvinced how good he can be... The way he receives the ball on the half turn and starts dribbling all in one movement is wonderful. Something so, so few players have. However, his passing is a bit erratic and i've seen games pass him by. 

I'd have James McArthur in the team every time. I'd also have had Stuart Armstrong in it 2 years ago :lol: 

Just now, Parklife said:

Calum McGregor? 

I've clearly not seen him as much as you, however I'm unconvinced how good he can be... The way he receives the ball on the half turn and starts dribbling all in one movement is wonderful. Something so, so few players have. However, his passing is a bit erratic and i've seen games pass him by. 

I'd have James McArthur in the team every time. I'd also have had Stuart Armstrong in it 2 years ago :lol: 

Armstrong has never been a poor player, but Ronnie Deila played him out of position which meant he didn't influence games the way that he can.

Can't agree about McGregor's passing, I feel like that's one of his strongest attributes. Picking it up from deep, carrying it forward and getting the ball out to better technical players. I like MCarthur too, although I don't watch much English football these days so can't really say how he's playing at the moment, but I'd have those 3 playing if it was up to me.

I don't expect McGregor to even make the squad though

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

Is there any difference between him and say Niall McGinn or is it because one might be moving to Rangers? 

9 minutes ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Weiss, Sebo, naismith and lafferty to rangers.

hello 2012!

One of the forums is keeping a tab on players we've been linked with. Its around 12 so far.

It will easily be over 50 by the time next season starts.

90% will be nonsense.

Remember when Aberdeen played Sociedad a few years ago, someone on here, I can't remember who, said Jack wouldn't have looked out of place in that Sociedad team, utterly laughable. He's a 4/10 player, Derek Young, Severin and Bisconti have all been better central midfielders for Aberdeen.

As for Celtic, hopefully that wee tit Griffiths flakey last night means he's nowhere near the starting 11 for the cup final.

Edited by Mox

2 hours ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Weiss, Sebo, naismith and lafferty to rangers.

hello 2012!

I'd take Weiss. He was very good at the Euros. Seems plausible in that he's at Al Gharafa just now, so would be known to Caixinha. 

Probably means we'll end up with bloody Lafferty. ?