Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 107 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

22 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Derek McInnes now 2/1 favourite to be the next Sunderland manager ... :unsure: 

That would be a loss. He's made  quite obvious signings to improve the Aberdeen squad. Instead of buying unproven foreigners he's persuaded his board to sign proven operators for a little more than they would normally pay, with some success (provided they can afford it).

4 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Only recently noticed Martin Bain is now down in Sunderland, surprised Walter is not there already..

A quite check on Bet Victor has McInnes at evens.

Sky Sports were actually saying last night Sunderland are using Smith as a adviser for their next manager

15 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Sky Sports were actually saying last night Sunderland are using Smith as a adviser for their next manager

The ticker I seen on Sky Sports this morning said that Martin Bain would be going to Moyes for advice on the new Manager, not Smith.

13 hours ago, daviebee said:

No problem. There's a good up-and-coming manager at St Mirren. That's worked out not too bad for you lot before.

That's certainly a fear for us Saints fans, JR has brought a great feel good factor to our club for the first time in years, hopefully Aberdeen will look for a bigger name elsewhere.

15 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Stories coming out of Mexico suggest Rangers have signed midfielder Carlos Pena.  Assume there is a connection there with Caixhina having managed out there.

Mexico is seldom targeted by clubs in the UK hunting for players. Bound to be some good bargains there.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

The Mexican Liga MX is designed in such a way that players do not need to look abroad (its pretty competitive and even teams that are bottom of the league are getting crowds of 20,000) plus the Mexico national team play a ridiculous amount of games over a year, so there is no real desire for the players to chase money from Europe (plus if money is a issue, the MLS is on their door step).

Edited by wanderer

12 minutes ago, wanderer said:

The Mexican Liga MX is designed in such a way that players do not need to look abroad (its pretty competitive and even teams that are bottom of the league are getting crowds of 20,000) plus the Mexico national team play a ridiculous amount of games over a year, so there is no real desire for the players to chase money from Europe (plus if money is a issue, the MLS is on their door step).

If Rangers do sign this guy I'm pretty sure it's not because he's chasing money from Europe!! :lol:

On 2017-5-25 at 8:40 AM, ErsatzThistle said:

Mexico is seldom targeted by clubs in the UK hunting for players. Bound to be some good bargains there.

South Americans in Scotland       Caniggia was good. Raphael Scheidt not so. There must've been more. My memory's knackered. 

10 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

South Americans in Scotland       Caniggia was good. Raphael Scheidt not so. There must've been more. My memory's knackered. 

Juarez was at Celtic a few years ago and was disappointing. He had 30-odd caps for Mexico. 

Juninho too but he was at the end of his career. 

23 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Off the top of my head... Miranda at St Mirren, Amato, Rozental and Emerson at Rangers, Casalinovo (probably spelt wrong) at Hamilton, Pinilla at Hearts, sure Aberdeen had some Columbian when we played them around 2010/11?

Edit: That boy that was nicknamed the Tank at Hibs and his mate.

Edit Edit: Was that striker Celtic had on loan from Getafe not South American?

Edited by Stu101

2 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Off the top of my head... Miranda at St Mirren, Amato, Rozental and Emerson at Rangers, Casalinovo (probably spelt wrong) at Hamilton, Pinilla at Hearts, sure Aberdeen had some Columbian when we played them around 2010/11?

I was at his debut against us at the Hunnery. He scored then got crocked.