Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 108 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

8 minutes ago, AberdeenAngus said:

Celtic looking to sign Jonny Hayes. 

:(

Because even the merest hint of competition is unacceptable. 

Cant grudge Jonny that move, as long as we get good cash. Christie plus 500k. 

In addition to the Christie and Hayes rumours, the last 48 hours newspaper garbage includes..........

Gary Mackay-Steven to Sheffield Utd or Blackburn.

Sam Nicholson to Minnesota Utd.

Rangers linked with - Graham Dorrans, Jamie Walker, Daniel Candeias and Dalcio

Joe Garner possibly going back to Preston.

7 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I can't see it. Garner is popular at Preston because he is a Preston fan and played a big part in their promotion to the Championship. However, it was clear he wasn't good enough for the Championship and Preston were a much better team once he left. 

8 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

In addition to the Christie and Hayes rumours, the last 48 hours newspaper garbage includes..........

Gary Mackay-Steven to Sheffield Utd or Blackburn.

Sam Nicholson to Minnesota Utd.

Rangers linked with - Graham Dorrans, Jamie Walker, Daniel Candeias and Dalcio

Would be happy to see Nicholson go to the states

9 hours ago, Ormond said:

Former Livingston midfielder Stefan Scougall(24 year old) who has been released by Sheffield UTD is said to be on Saints radar to replace Danny Swanson.

I was at the FA cup semi final a few years go when Sheff Utd played Hull and he was the best player on the park, had never heard of him prior to that.

32 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Disappointed to hear re Hayes. He's neither CL quality nor an SPFL upgrade on what we currently have. Hopefully it's simply paper talk.

He's a far more productive player than Forrest. 

Yeah with the transfer kitty Celtic should now have, Hayes - seriously?! I know he's arguably the biggest threat to Celtic in the league currently but surely you they would be bringing seasoned champions league players. It's beyond a joke now. I've no reason to doubt Celtic will go unbeaten again next season and win the treble and who on earth really wants that?

1 minute ago, JECK said:

Yeah with the transfer kitty Celtic should now have, Hayes - seriously?! I know he's arguably the biggest threat to Celtic in the league currently but surely you they would be bringing seasoned champions league players. It's beyond a joke now. I've no reason to doubt Celtic will go unbeaten again next season and win the treble and who on earth really wants that?

I think that's why this is so disappointing.  It lacks imagination but it pretty much takes Aberdeen out of the equation (if we were ever really in it).  He's a player we can't replace.    

The best of it is I don't this is a great Celtic side. I think Martin O'Neils side would beat them well. Brown is easily rattled and still has a questionable first touch if any current SPL would bother to have a go and stick on him. Stan Petrov would destroy him in there. Larsson and Moravcik, enough said.