Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 109 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Disappointed to hear re Hayes. He's neither CL quality nor an SPFL upgrade on what we currently have. Hopefully it's simply paper talk.

Aye, Roberts to Hayes would be pretty depressing.

2 hours ago, Mox said:

I was at the FA cup semi final a few years go when Sheff Utd played Hull and he was the best player on the park, had never heard of him prior to that.

I was there also and agree with your assessment, looked very good that day.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Aye, Roberts to Hayes would be pretty depressing.

Despite the fact Hayes contributed the same number of goals as Roberts and 2 more assists. 

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

Disappointed to hear re Hayes. He's neither CL quality nor an SPFL upgrade on what we currently have. Hopefully it's simply paper talk.

Doubt it, based on JH refusing to criticise Scott Brown's classless behaviour after winning on Saturday.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1072170/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-ScottishSunSport-_-Sport-_-FBLink-_-Statement-_-FBPAGE

We were at the front of the SS beside the technical area and witnessed this. Thankfully he didn't get the reaction from the Aberdeen support he was after. Shinnie stood looking at him 2-3 feet away shaking his head.

Sometimes there's just no need, and that was one of them.

57 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Despite the fact Hayes contributed the same number of goals as Roberts and 2 more assists. 

I'd guess that Hayes has played more minutes than both Roberts and Forrest, who have largely shared a position this season. 

Also Hayes goes against our signing policy. I can't see it happening. 

46 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I'd guess that Hayes has played more minutes than both Roberts and Forrest, who have largely shared a position this season. 

Also Hayes goes against our signing policy. I can't see it happening. 

According to soccerbase Roberts played 33 league games, Hayes 32. 

11 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Roberts has come on for a lot of those 33. I would still guess that Hayes has played more minutes. 

Maybe. I'm not going to check. On the face of it, Hayes appears to be more productive than Roberts in league games. 

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Maybe. I'm not going to check. On the face of it, Hayes appears to be more productive than Roberts in league games. 

I'd rather have Roberts.

6 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Hayes presumably would be several million cheaper than Roberts.

Roberts would have a re-sell value. Hayes wouldn't. 

Just now, PASTA Mick said:

I'd rather have Roberts.

I think he's a better player too. However, the comments on this thread towards Hayes from Celtic fans are unfair IMO. 

13 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I'd rather have Roberts.

Roberts would have a re-sell value. Hayes wouldn't. 

True but it might free up some money to be spent elsewhere.  Realistically you're going to win the league next season so where do you need to stengthen to go further in Europe?

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I think he's a better player too. However, the comments on this thread towards Hayes from Celtic fans are unfair IMO. 

You are probably right. he is a good player. I think most Celtic fans are hoping for a big signing or two for next year. The reality is we'll probably get someone we've not really heard of that does better than expected (like Dembele) or a decent player who's career isn't going as well as expected (like Sinclair). 

Signings from the Scottish Prem are usually uninspiring, although sometimes effective, and they decrease the competition which is disappointing. 

4 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

You are probably right. he is a good player. I think most Celtic fans are hoping for a big signing or two for next year. The reality is we'll probably get someone we've not really heard of that does better than expected (like Dembele) or a decent player who's career isn't going as well as expected (like Sinclair). 

Signings from the Scottish Prem are usually uninspiring, although sometimes effective, and they decrease the competition which is disappointing. 

I accept that Hayes wouldn't be an overly exciting signing from a Celtic fans POV. However, worth remembering that Armstrong and Griffiths were probably viewed similarly and they've done alright...

9 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

I can't see it. Garner is popular at Preston because he is a Preston fan and played a big part in their promotion to the Championship. However, it was clear he wasn't good enough for the Championship and Preston were a much better team once he left. 

Would imagine a large percentage of fee still owed to Preston...

4 hours ago, Redz said:

Doubt it, based on JH refusing to criticise Scott Brown's classless behaviour after winning on Saturday.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1072170/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-ScottishSunSport-_-Sport-_-FBLink-_-Statement-_-FBPAGE

We were at the front of the SS beside the technical area and witnessed this. Thankfully he didn't get the reaction from the Aberdeen support he was after. Shinnie stood looking at him 2-3 feet away shaking his head.

Sometimes there's just no need, and that was one of them.

However it is perfectly acceptable for the sheep fans to abuse him for 94 minutes without reply though.

33 minutes ago, macy37 said:

However it is perfectly acceptable for the sheep fans to abuse him for 94 minutes without reply though.

From the fans that constantly boo and abuse Logan for reporting an alleged racist incident,that's brilliant :lol:

33 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

:lol::lol:

I know!

After the season Celtic have had, coupled with a last minute cup winning goal, you'd have thought a wee bit of humility and class would have been the way to go.

12 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

From the fans that constantly boo and abuse Logan for reporting an alleged racist incident,that's brilliant :lol:

Thank goodness the noise coming from (Some of) the Celtic fans inside the ground during the minutes silence hasn't been mentioned. (Oops!)

A 'way' would have been found to justify that too. 

Hopefully the Red Imps are first up.........:lol:

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

Credit where credit is due. This is a very fair post. Hayes is the most dangerous and effective player I've seen at Aberdeen in years. His pace is incredible, he rises to every and any challenge and he leaves nothing on the pitch. He can lack a final ball at times but there's a reason he's absolutely loved in Aberdeen. However, I can appreciate that he might not excite Celtic fans after having had Roberts - he's a very classy player. 

Would hate to lose Hayes though, especially to a "rival". 

Warburton tried to get him in Jan.