Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 122 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

9 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Neither he has. You're deluded. Only with you till he gets what he wants. Proved that this week. To be fair, he does deserve a lot better. Good manager. 

:lol: 

17 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

kin hell. i was scrolling through this and accidentally reported this. the report isn't a 2 click selection.

it is. Don't know whats happened there.

:lol: how shit is this.

17 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Aye I'm going to accidently report him too ;)

On 2017-6-15 at 10:44 AM, Govanhill Jacobite said:

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

There's another way to look at it.

why would he want to go to a club who need to sell the family silver just to survive? They are a yoyo club who have achieved the square root of feck all, their supporters like many English club fans are delusional because they get large sums of cash for being shite. Sunderland are a terrible club, the only thing they have which Aberdeen don't is sky tv money. 

theres a lot of positives around Aberdeen at the moment, if that continues with Mcinnes at the helm he will get a better offer than a shite club like Sunderland. It was a good decision by Mcinnes 

I don't disagree with your assessment, however to be fair to Sunderland, despite the fact they are utter muck and have been for a number of years now, they still get healthy numbers through the gate every weekend.

20 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

:lol:  You don't go and speak to another team, then come back and say what he said.  These things are about money. 

You are possibly interpreting things through your own priorities in life. for the majority of people money is indeed the sole driver whether they are rich or poor  - however in some cases, and this might be difficult to comprehend for those solely driven by money, other factors can come into play..........

Guest BlueGaz
10 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

You are possibly interpreting things through your own priorities in life. for the majority of people money is indeed the sole driver whether they are rich or poor  - however in some cases, and this might be difficult to comprehend for those solely driven by money, other factors can come into play..........

:ok:

2 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

In the Daily Telegraph today saying the reason McInnes didn't take the job was due to the ongoing takeover saga.

P.S - don't read the Telegraph, took it straight from Sky Football gossip page!!

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

Hayes to Celtic confirmed. Christie to Aberdeen on loan confirmed too. 

St Johnstone have signed Stefan Scougall. 

Scougall could potentially be an excellent signing for St Johnstone. As for Hayes, I'd much rather have kept Christie, it feels like we're signing him just to weaken Aberdeen. I get the impression he'll take GMS place on the bench and he's not gonna really improve us in terms of the first 11. If we'd signed Hayes when Delia was manager, there would be uproar and rightly so.

Edit: Izaguirre may be off and we're using Hayes as a back up to Tierney, which wouldn't be too horrific.

Edited by Mox

16 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

There's another way to look at it.

why would he want to go to a club who need to sell the family silver just to survive? They are a yoyo club who have achieved the square root of feck all, their supporters like many English club fans are delusional because they get large sums of cash for being shite. Sunderland are a terrible club, the only thing they have which Aberdeen don't is sky tv money. 

theres a lot of positives around Aberdeen at the moment, if that continues with Mcinnes at the helm he will get a better offer than a shite club like Sunderland. It was a good decision by Mcinnes 

Well, 40,000 season tickets holders at Sunderland as well.  You can't blame Sky for that.  

I can see how Burnley, Hull and Huddersfield are little clubs with big TV money, but Sunderland have as big a support as anyone outside Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea. If Leicester can win the league, so can Sunderland. 

So, fair play to McInnes for standing free.  Or maybe he doesn't think he's the guy who can wake a real sleeping giant. 

Edited by adamntg

23 hours ago, Mox said:

I don't disagree with your assessment, however to be fair to Sunderland, despite the fact they are utter muck and have been for a number of years now, they still get healthy numbers through the gate every weekend.

8 hours ago, adamntg said:

Well, 40,000 season tickets holders at Sunderland as well.  You can't blame Sky for that.  

I can see how Burnley, Hull and Huddersfield are little clubs with big TV money, but Sunderland have as big a support as anyone outside Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea. If Leicester can win the league, so can Sunderland. 

So, fair play to McInnes for standing free.  Or maybe he doesn't think he's the guy who can wake a real sleeping giant. 

Leicester was a freak and it won't happen again in our lifetime, Leicester are also a very well run club compared to Sunderland. Sunderland are in mountains of debt, they need to sell to stay alive this season.

sleeping giant? Where's the evidence to prove this? Any time I see Sunderland on tv their ground is half empty......derby matches are the exception. Both they and Newcastle keep being referred to as sleeping giants, why? What is it they have won or done to make them so?

if they genuinely were a sleeping giant, a new manager would need time to rebuild, he ain't getting that at Sunderland.

they sold 28000 season tickets last season, not 40,000. Granted the support is still bigger than the dons, that can't be argued against. 

i read posts elsewhere that Sunderland have to give away thousands of tickets to get people through the gate. One post was from a Mackem and another post was from a wearside based dons fan. 

The only benefit to Mcinnes going there would have been a bigger bank balance. His reputation would have been wrecked because its all about instant success in England. The amount of managers sacked every year proves this, There's too much money at stake.

people can say he lacks the balls to take on this job, I don't see it that way, Mcinnes made the correct decision for his career. Taking the Sunderland job would have been beyond being a monumental task, it's an impossible task right now. 

Im not stupid enough to think Mcinnes did this for his love of Aberdeen, he does love working at the club but I'm also certain that had this been a well run club in England knocking on his door, he would have taken it and rightly so. 

12 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Leicester was a freak and it won't happen again in our lifetime, Leicester are also a very well run club compared to Sunderland. Sunderland are in mountains of debt, they need to sell to stay alive this season.

sleeping giant? Where's the evidence to prove this? Any time I see Sunderland on tv their ground is half empty......derby matches are the exception. Both they and Newcastle keep being referred to as sleeping giants, why? What is it they have won or done to make them so?

if they genuinely were a sleeping giant, a new manager would need time to rebuild, he ain't getting that at Sunderland.

they sold 28000 season tickets last season, not 40,000. Granted the support is still bigger than the dons, that can't be argued against. 

i read posts elsewhere that Sunderland have to give away thousands of tickets to get people through the gate. One post was from a Mackem and another post was from a wearside based dons fan. 

The only benefit to Mcinnes going there would have been a bigger bank balance. His reputation would have been wrecked because its all about instant success in England. The amount of managers sacked every year proves this, There's too much money at stake.

people can say he lacks the balls to take on this job, I don't see it that way, Mcinnes made the correct decision for his career. Taking the Sunderland job would have been beyond being a monumental task, it's an impossible task right now. 

Im not stupid enough to think Mcinnes did this for his love of Aberdeen, he does love working at the club but I'm also certain that had this been a well run club in England knocking on his door, he would have taken it and rightly so. 

I go to Sunderland fairly often as I work down there quite a lot.  There's never less than 40,000 in the ground which holds (I think) 48,000.  You can always get a ticket, but that's more cos of the size of the stadium.  Man City have the same issue. 

Imagine if they were actually half decent, the potential is there.  

13 hours ago, Parklife said:

Aberdeen are reportedly set to make a £250k offer for Stevie May. 

I'd be surprised if they got him for anything like that. He got back in the first team by the end of an injury plagued season, I'd think they'd be holding out for considerably more.

1 minute ago, Hertsscot said:

Are they being linked to any defenders or defensive midfield players with Jack and Taylor away or is it going to be all attack next season?

We've already upgraded our centre midfield by signing Tansey. Need a centre half though. 

1 hour ago, Redz said:

14 hours ago, Parklife said:

Aberdeen are reportedly set to make a £250k offer for Stevie May. 

McInnes sticking to a formula he knows well and that has worked for him. The sort of players I'd like us to be looking at.