Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 132 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

Not sure how I'd feel if he joined Saints to be honest. I certainly wouldn't be going overboard like the above guys. Just that it'd still make me feel uneasy cheering on a beast. 

Didn't he play for a team in Lithuania or somewhere?

Pretty sure Romanov farmed him out there until it all calmed down, but it didn't calm down so he was eventually emptied (cannae mind if he was sacked or his contract ran out).

7 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Arniston, Nitten, Kelty. 

The usual 'look at me' bawbags demanding season ticket refunds and asking if it's safe to take their kids to City matches ffs ?

Hope the lad does well ??

Wonder if this will have any effect on Edinburgh Cities relationship with Spartans (as they will be ground sharing for the foreseeable future) given Spartans are big on youth development.

46 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Broadfoot signing for Killie today.

##### of a guy but I think he'll be a solid enough signing.

McCulloch, Boyd, Broadfoot.  if you do get Naisy back that's a solid core of Rangers supporters rocking up at Rugby park!!

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Wonder if this will have any effect on Edinburgh Cities relationship with Spartans (as they will be ground sharing for the foreseeable future) given Spartans are big on youth development.

Edin City are huge on youth development too (I help run the 2011s) and they have several sides all through the age groups. As I said above there are already a few bawbags demanding a refund on their season tickets and refusing to send their kids to training now. Someone actually asked "Will it be safe for my 10 year old to attend the matches next season?".

The usual over the top reaction from a few sensitive folk ?

21 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Edin City are huge on youth development too (I help run the 2011s) and they have several sides all through the age groups. As I said above there are already a few bawbags demanding a refund on their season tickets and refusing to send their kids to training now. Someone actually asked "Will it be safe for my 10 year old to attend the matches next season?".

When you make a signing like this a back lash is to be expected, and will not reflect well on city (most folk will just see "sex offender" and go on the defensive knowing he is at the same club as their kids, so those peoples reaction is perfectly normal).... interesting to see what happens, will the club decide against the transfer, or try ride it out (he has been playing for a number of years in the Junior Leagues with no great attention, and so far it just seems to be the local papers that are pushing the story)

Saying that, City are putting together a not half bad team for next season.

Edited by wanderer

36 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Someone actually asked "Will it be safe for my 10 year old to attend the matches next season?".

:lol:

While there's obviously an ethical dilemma about giving the guy a 2nd chance, he's hardly likely to be grooming spectators while taking a throw in.

It's not like he'll be coaching the U-14 girls team.

21 minutes ago, wanderer said:

When you make a signing like this a back lash is to be expected, and will not reflect well on city (most folk will just see "sex offender" and go on the defensive knowing he is at the same club as their kids, so those peoples reaction is perfectly normal).... interesting to see what happens, will the club decide against the transfer, or try ride it out (he has been playing for a number of years in the Junior Leagues with no great attention, and so far it just seems to be the local papers that are pushing the story)

Saying that, City are putting together a not half bad team for next season.

Yeah I take your point completely, however there's 'sex offender' in the Savile category and 'sex offender' in his case. He obviously made a serious error of judgement as a daft 17/18 year old. Cannot and never will condone what he did but the reaction by a few is completely over the top. 

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

:lol:

While there's obviously an ethical dilemma about giving the guy a 2nd chance, he's hardly likely to be grooming spectators while taking a throw in.

It's not like he'll be coaching the U-14 girls team.

Exactly. 

1 minute ago, McTeeko said:

Yeah I take your point completely, however there's 'sex offender' in the Savile category and 'sex offender' in his case. He obviously made a serious error of judgement as a daft 17/18 year old. Cannot and never will condone what he did but the reaction by a few is completely over the top. 

Was he not something like 21/22 at the time and in the first team at Hearts, where he really should have known better?

You will probably get folks out to give him dogs abuse (at home and away games) but when the dust settles the club can hopefully move on with this.

1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

I don't think he even got the jail for it, did he?  

Stupid and unpleasant as it was what he did, as you say, he's not Jimmy Savile.   He's not even Ched Evans.

11 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Stupid and unpleasant as it was what he did, as you say, he's not Jimmy Savile.   He's not even Ched Evans.

Arguably worse than Evans, and also guilty, unlike Evans......

1 minute ago, adamntg said:

I don't think I want to get into arguments about the severity of different sexual offences.

Just going to back away quickly...

So you are saying somebody not raping somebody is worse than somebody shagging a kid? Probably wise you backed away.

Just now, adamntg said:

I don't think I want to get into arguments about the severity of different sexual offences.

Just going to back away quickly...

Yes, bit of a minefield.

Was mainly pointing out, technically Evans is/was innocent.

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

So you are saying somebody not raping somebody is worse than somebody shagging a kid? Probably wise you backed away.

I'm still backing away - however, he didn't shag anybody, did he?  He was horrible and smutty and inappropriate over social media, unless I'm misremembering.

Also, I forgot Ched Evans had his conviction quashed.