Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 138 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

3 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Or just a troll?

Yeah, more likely. 

1 minute ago, Hertsscot said:

I would imagine that's Aberdeen' s business done.  No May or Maloney but given the departures it looks like McInnes has done a good job in terms of recruitment.

Maloney will join once his injury has cleared. 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Was in the Malmo team that beat Celtic a couple of seasons ago too. 

Can only assume you don't really follow football much...

I'm not obviously an anorak that knows every player from teams that I couldn't give a flying about unlike yerself.

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah, more likely. 

Maloney will join once his injury has cleared. 

Hayes is obviously a loss but looks like you could be stronger than last season.  Looked like it could go horribly wrong with McInnes leaving for Sunderland but you must be delighted by the signings he's made.

41 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I'm not obviously an anorak that knows every player from teams that I couldn't give a flying about unlike yerself.

He played for Aberdeen FFS. I mind him well. You don't give a flying feck about your nearest challenger? 

Edited by Ormond

54 minutes ago, macy37 said:

He played in the same league as your team and against your team. He then played in the Euros for a successful Iceland team. He then played for a team in Europe that defeated your team. 

No really being an anorak, just following football tbh. :ok: 

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Hayes is obviously a loss but looks like you could be stronger than last season.  Looked like it could go horribly wrong with McInnes leaving for Sunderland but you must be delighted by the signings he's made.

Some good signings. Might need some time to gel, which is a concern in relation to the European games. :unsure: 

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

He scored Aberdeens last ever goal against rangers. 

And this.........

I'd forgotten all about that.  I can remember whole games from the early 1980s but short term memory is tough.  Didn't Utd score first and look comfortable, two late goals for Aberdeen?

6 hours ago, adamntg said:

I'd forgotten all about that.  I can remember whole games from the early 1980s but short term memory is tough.  Didn't Utd score first and look comfortable, two late goals for Aberdeen?

Yeah. Think Daly scored in the first 10, Mo Chilali scored the equaliser with his first (and probably only) touch, before Kari sent us home to continue the new year celebrations. 

The Shed went absolutely bananas when that one snuck over the line....... :)

8 hours ago, Parklife said:

He played in the same league as your team and against your team. He then played in the Euros for a successful Iceland team. He then played for a team in Europe that defeated your team. 

No really being an anorak, just following football tbh. :ok: 

I've honestly never heard of him. No doubt I will remember him this year though as Sinclair rips him a new one. 

3 hours ago, macy37 said:

I've honestly never heard of him. No doubt I will remember him this year though as Sinclair rips him a new one. 

you probably hadnt even heard about Sinclair, before he signed, with your limited interest in football

2 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

you probably hadnt even heard about Sinclair, before he signed, with your limited interest in football

Sorry to disappoint but you are incorrect with that assumption.

I hadn't heard of our latest signing though. 

22 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Rumours going round again that Naismith to Rangers may be back on, although we'd need to unload a few first.

I'd be surprised if Pedro gets anyone else until they see what sort of start he makes to the new season. So far, he's making Ronny Deila look like Ottmar Hitzfeld! ?

23 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Please take Kenny McLean instead

A little harsh IMO. 

As you know, our views on McLean are pretty similar. However, second half of last season he was much better and far more effective. Despite how shockingly bad he was last week (you know he must have been especially bad when McInnes takes him off...), i'm prepared to give him a few weeks. However, if he's not signed a new contract then he must be sold before September 1st. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Rumours going round again that Naismith to Rangers may be back on, although we'd need to unload a few first.

Norwich seem to be having a clear out of the Scots. 

Coll Donaldson linked with a move to Ukraine to join Karpaty Lviv (must have a good agent, as Karpaty have actually been spending pretty big this summer signing a large number of South Americans joining the club over the last few months)

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

A little harsh IMO. 

As you know, our views on McLean are pretty similar. However, second half of last season he was much better and far more effective. Despite how shockingly bad he was last week (you know he must have been especially bad when McInnes takes him off...), i'm prepared to give him a few weeks. However, if he's not signed a new contract then he must be sold before September 1st. 

Yes, possibly harsh.  However, he's basically given us 3 months of decent football in the 2.5 years (?) he's been with us.  Not sure if last week was down to him being ring rusty, just a lapse back to his old ways or whether his head has been turned. 

I agree, if he doesn't sign a new contract, he must go in this window. Being serious, if someone offered us £400k I'd take it right now!

1 minute ago, SMcoolJ said:

I agree, if he doesn't sign a new contract, he must go in this window. Being serious, if someone offered us £400k I'd take it right now!

That's double what aberdeen offered for Louis Moult, a 20 goal a season striker.

:lol:

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

That's double what aberdeen offered for Louis Moult, a 20 goal a season striker.

:lol:

It's actually the same. Plus, McLean is in an international player. 

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

A little harsh IMO. 

Pretty much agree with all of this. I was heavily critical of him for a long time, but the last 6-7 months he has been a different player. He seemed to be going back into the playing deep role, which is where he started, but no one really had much pass marks on Thursday, so I'm willing to give him a chance to redeem himself (again).