Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 150 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

18 hours ago, euan2020 said:

I know - although May had a lot of goals at Hamilton & Alloa

Unless you start factoring Griffiths goals such as Ballon Do "or with 0.75 etc , I think you can only go for bare stats 

My point was Macy was suggesting May was 1 in 3, while his 2.25 is not so far away from Griffiths 1 in 1.85

What's May's stats since he left the Fermers? 

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

What's May's stats since he left the Fermers? 

What's Griffiths stats for Scotland - 2 in 13 ?  1 in 6.5

What's Grffiths stat's if you remove celtic - blah blah blah

Stat's are what they are 

But they were not the 1 in 3 you quoted, unless you want to start qualifying what his Stat's were against Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen blah blah blah  

Realistically how long before Rogers goes back down the road and is replaced by Lennon ? Feels like everything going on presently is just a pre-curser to what's really going on and it's almost obvious thats what's going to happen.  I reckon next summer. Celtic will improve slightly in the champs league, stroll to another title, Rodgers leaves and Lennon will guide hibs to top 3 and head to Celtic.

49 minutes ago, JECK said:

Realistically how long before Rogers goes back down the road and is replaced by Lennon ? Feels like everything going on presently is just a pre-curser to what's really going on and it's almost obvious thats what's going to happen.  I reckon next summer. Celtic will improve slightly in the champs league, stroll to another title, Rodgers leaves and Lennon will guide hibs to top 3 and head to Celtic.

I think Rodgers signing of the 4 year contract last season was quite deliberate in the length of it. IMO he feels Celtic can achieve 10 titles in a row and if he is the one who delivers them then he becomes a club legend. All things being well/as they are the now I can see him hanging around to try and achieve it. He will still be under 50 in 4 years time, plenty of time to continue a career down south.

20 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I think Rodgers signing of the 4 year contract last season was quite deliberate in the length of it. IMO he feels Celtic can achieve 10 titles in a row and if he is the one who delivers them then he becomes a club legend. All things being well/as they are the now I can see him hanging around to try and achieve it. He will still be under 50 in 4 years time, plenty of time to continue a career down south.

Aye, I think that's exactly it.

Stay for 10IAR then go elsewhere. Same with Tierney (although I think he'll leave if he keeps improving)

4 hours ago, euan2020 said:

What's Griffiths stats for Scotland - 2 in 13 ?  1 in 6.5

What's Grffiths stat's if you remove celtic - blah blah blah

Stat's are what they are 

But they were not the 1 in 3 you quoted, unless you want to start qualifying what his Stat's were against Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen blah blah blah  

Touchy....I was only asking.

What is the numbers? After all stats are what they are.....

Edited by macy37

6 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

How can somebody be considered a dud yet be that teams top scorer that season when he signed for Celtic 

I don't think there's any question over his ability to score goals in the Scottish top flight. Certainly question marks over his attitude and ability to take it to the next level.

Id assumed the initial post that sparked this debate was a tongue in cheek attempt to bait Aberdeen fans.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, I think that's exactly it.

Stay for 10IAR then go elsewhere. Same with Tierney (although I think he'll leave if he keeps improving)

I agree about Rogers but if Tierney shows up well in the CL this season, assuming they get there, then he'll be away before next season starts. 

3 hours ago, macy37 said:

Touchy....I was only asking.

What is the numbers? After all stats are what they are.....

Including Cup Games, so not including reserves or scotland games

Griffiths is 200 in 371 games  (85 of those are in 3 Seasons for Celtic)

May is 85 in 193

Now the pair of them racked up quite a few goals in lower division games

I'm not critcising Griffiths - well apart from his hair - but your 1 in 3 is not correct on May, unless you want to be selective on his games

1 minute ago, PASTA Mick said:

you on about? 

The Championship is a cracking league but the standard is about the same as the Scottish Prem. 

May is still not good enough for Scotland. 

Not at this moment he's not. He'll show he can be.

7 hours ago, Parklife said:

Not until he signs for Celtic. Then we will be. 

Good one.

I've seen him closely at Preston and he's not good enough for the team. He is miles behind Griffiths. A good run of form at Aberdeen might see him in the squad but there are currently better options.