Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 153 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

On 8/28/2017 at 9:36 AM, Marky said:

33% Giblet! Don't be trying to do us out of that 3%! ;)

I hope you continue to play hardball until you get the right fee. £750k is a joke, but equally Lennon's having a laugh with his £5m.

Given that Reading are trying to sign Sone Aluko for £7.5M, £5M for McGinn doesn't seem that mental.

On 8/29/2017 at 0:20 PM, Marky said:

Yes but Sone Aluko currently plays in England. That will explain everything. 

16 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Motherwell looking like getting a windfall from Marvin Johnson's move from Oxford to Middlesbrough anything upto £750k depending on what report you believe.

Rangers trying to sign a guy called Declan from Cardiff.

:lol:

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Jackson Irvine to Hull for £2m.

Our clubs really need to start being stronger when it comes to selling players down south. Get decent sell on %ages included. Any player that has the merest hint of success down there will go for a fortune. 

4 minutes ago, giblet said:

Daily Record saying they "swooped" to sign him. :lol:  Aye, they really must have beat off a string of top clubs to get him.  

Aye Cardiff reject on loan!

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/310189-declan-john/?page=1

STEPPS BOY    9,627

• Hall of Fame
  • gold2.png.bc9cf4b0359e47af1458b1738fc02e
  • STEPPS BOY
  • Club Legend
  • 12,004 posts

Tweets to the Muslims..

Tweets to the gay folk.

Pena blessing himself when he came on on Sunday.

And now a Declan.

Rangers will be turning in their grave 

:anger:

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Our clubs really need to start being stronger when it comes to selling players down south. Get decent sell on %ages included. Any player that has the merest hint of success down there will go for a fortune. 

Seems to be the model Motherwell have.

If the 25% of profit is correct, we will get between £500k and £625k which is more than the fee we got from Oxford for a guy we got in from Kidderminster for a nominal fee (or free? Can't remember if we paid for him).

With offers in for Heneghan and Moult too, it appears to be working relatively well.

Although I doubt Marvin is 4 times the player he was 12 months ago after a season in league one...

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

Absolutely. Sometimes the details aren't widely reported. With St. Mirren's recent sales of Kyle McAllister to Derby and Stevie Mallan to Barnsley, only the derisory transfer fees were made public. However, I suspect (or should I say hope) that the actual deals will have included sell on clauses. 

51 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

With a few exceptions sell on clauses seem to be a bit of a waste in the post Bosman era.

41 minutes ago, Marky said:

Waste of time how? 

Tell that to St. Mirren when Hibs punt John McGinn. 

9 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Or Celtic when Southampton sell Van Djik! 

Motherwell have picked up a couple of times Recently, Jamie Murphy got us 6 figures, Marvin Johnson is looking at £1/2million, think we might've got something from Ross McCormack too?

10 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Or Celtic when Southampton sell Van Djik! 

The only time I can see a sell on clause not paying off, is if the player ends up seeing out his contract with the buying club and leaves for nothing. I'd say that would be pretty rare in respect of anyone with any real talent. 

3 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

I'm probably a bit biased against sell-ons because Killie never seemed to get much payback from them, despite MJ negotiating them into transfer deals instead of more cash up front.

Generally speaking, if you don't get anything back from them then it probably means the player wasn't much cop anyway, so probably fair enough. 

To me it's the selling clubs way of saying "you think he's worth hee haw coz he's playing in what you perceive to be a pishy league. But just in case he turns out to be as good as we think he is, we'll settle for you giving us a big chunk of any sell on".

45 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Motherwell have picked up a couple of times Recently, Jamie Murphy got us 6 figures, Marvin Johnson is looking at £1/2million, think we might've got something from Ross McCormack too?

We apparently got one when Faddy went from Everton to Birmingham City too, that was a £5million transfer.

:shocked: