Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 125 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

25 minutes ago, aaid said:

This might sound a bit strange but apparently an attraction of Burton Albion for a lot of players is that the train at St Georges Park, the new FA training centre.  I suppose though if you're a player, the training ground is where you'd be spending most of your time.

Definite attraction. I'm not actually having a pop at Burton, they seem to be one of the few in the Championship that don't overspend. 

I was more picking at the belief that teams in the English Championship have loads of money. 

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

You've answered yourself there. Very little in difference to teams like Donny, Rotherham etc. That tv cash helps make it happen.

Don't get your point there either. Parkie is saying they don't have the sort of revenue in comparison with Aberdeen to justify the additional wage spend. Granted the turnover will be from accounts which is by definition historical, but I doubt the increased TV revenue in the Championship would make that much of a difference. The parachute payments from the EPL distort things in the Chanpionship, relegated clubs have tens of millions to spend for a season or two that their underlying operating revenues can't sustain. And some clubs without that luxury seem tempted to spend money they don't have to try to compete. It's a recipe for disaster in the longer term.

On 6/20/2017 at 2:37 PM, theweestevie said:

Which war are you talking about?

Since WW2 Newcastle have won the Uefa cup (or Equivalent) in the late 60s, won the FA cup 3 times and been runner's up a further 3 times...I would have said that is more successful than Middlesbrough no?

I'm conflumoxed i thought Del was speaking to Sunderland .... 

Just now, hannibal smith said:

that's funny coming from you lot 

My post was simply in response to some of the pish being spouted about our Sellick connection from your brethren on the board. 

Good to be back. ;)

The Daily Retard reporting that Michael O'Neil told Liam Boyce to reject a move to Aberdeen in favour of Burton 'cos it's a higher level.'

Cheers Michael, with chat like that you could become the next Scotland manager! ?

25 minutes ago, giblet said:

My post was simply in response to some of the pish being spouted about our Sellick connection from your brethren on the board. 

Good to be back. ;)

good to be back?

where have you been? away monitoring the asbestos removal at Tynecastle?

4 hours ago, slasher said:

The Daily Retard reporting that Michael O'Neil told Liam Boyce to reject a move to Aberdeen in favour of Burton 'cos it's a higher level.'

Cheers Michael, with chat like that you could become the next Scotland manager! ?

I didn't particularly want Boyce, so cheers Michael ? 

9 hours ago, Parklife said:

I didn't particularly want Boyce, so cheers Michael ? 

Why not? He scored more league goals than Dembele, so wouldn't he have done you a decent turn next season? 

I only saw him a handful of times but he seemed to be better than the strikers you had last season. Unless he saved his best games for when I was watching. ? 

24 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Why not? He scored more league goals than Dembele, so wouldn't he have done you a decent turn next season? 

I only saw him a handful of times but he seemed to be better than the strikers you had last season. Unless he saved his best games for when I was watching. ? 

Not sure tbh, i've not saw that much of him. Perhaps i'm just a bit reluctant to get excited about signing a striker from a Highland team that i haven't seen much of, after the waste of money that Miles Storey has been. Completely irrational, i know. 

We do need competition for Rooney and that sure is feck isn't Jayden Stockley! 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Not sure tbh, i've not saw that much of him. Perhaps i'm just a bit reluctant to get excited about signing a striker from a Highland team that i haven't seen much of, after the waste of money that Miles Storey has been. Completely irrational, i know. 

We do need competition for Rooney and that sure is feck isn't Jayden Stockley! 

Fair enough. A £500k fee would have been a hefty chunk of the Hayes cash to spend but he is definitely proven at SPFL level. 

I wonder what his scoring record against Celtic and Aberdeen was like? 

Maybe he didn't seem dangerous when they played Aberdeen? 

We can give you Waghorn for a small fee and I can deliver him to Pittodrie personally. ? If you need a striker or two. 

22 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Fair enough. A £500k fee would have been a hefty chunk of the Hayes cash to spend but he is definitely proven at SPFL level. 

I wonder what his scoring record against Celtic and Aberdeen was like? 

Maybe he didn't seem dangerous when they played Aberdeen? 

We can give you Waghorn for a small fee and I can deliver him to Pittodrie personally. ? If you need a striker or two. 

Can't say he was a stand out in any of the games i was at last season, although i don't think they scored in any of the 2 i attended! Think he scored when they beat us at Dingwall though. I'm not saying he's not a good player, just that i was reluctant to pay a chunky fee for someone who i've not seen all that much of. His scoring record last year was exceptional though.

I'll take Waghorn, providing you also pay us and keep paying his wages! :lol:  A honking excuse for a player IMO. 

16 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Can't say he was a stand out in any of the games i was at last season, although i don't think they scored in any of the 2 i attended! Think he scored when they beat us at Dingwall though. I'm not saying he's not a good player, just that i was reluctant to pay a chunky fee for someone who i've not seen all that much of. His scoring record last year was exceptional though.

I'll take Waghorn, providing you also pay us and keep paying his wages! :lol:  A honking excuse for a player IMO. 

I think a lot of Rangers fans would take you up on that offer.

Waghorn struggled coming back from the injury he got from the opening league game of last season. He started pre-season well with a handful of goals in the league cup and in the first league game but has been a shadow of himself since then. I think if he gets a few goals under his belt in quick succession at the start of the season then he will kick on from there and be a valuable player for us. If that doesn't happen it is hard to see where he goes from here.

2 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

I think a lot of Rangers fans would take you up on that offer.

Waghorn struggled coming back from the injury he got from the opening league game of last season. He started pre-season well with a handful of goals in the league cup and in the first league game but has been a shadow of himself since then. I think if he gets a few goals under his belt in quick succession at the start of the season then he will kick on from there and be a valuable player for us. If that doesn't happen it is hard to see where he goes from here.

What's the latest news with O'Hallaron? Leaving, staying?

He would be an ideal player for us, having lost McGinn and Hayes. Could also play through the middle too. 

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

What's the latest news with O'Hallaron? Leaving, staying?

He would be an ideal player for us, having lost McGinn and Hayes. Could also play through the middle too. 

Most fans want him gone. A few has suggested we should use him as part of a deal to try to get Jamie Walker, but I think that is wishful thinking from fans and nothing official. Other than that I haven't heard much.

27 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Most fans want him gone. A few has suggested we should use him as part of a deal to try to get Jamie Walker, but I think that is wishful thinking from fans and nothing official. Other than that I haven't heard much.

To be fair, I think he has featured in all of the preseason friendlies so far, so maybe Pedro rates him.