Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 146 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

56 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I cannot believe for a moment they've paid any more than £500k for him.

If they have they deserve to go bust. He is an abomination of a footballer. 

Agent Scotland has it as £250k on Twitter.  

Has stated Ipswich putting  £1m on their website is nonsense to make the Rangers fans think they've received more ????

4 minutes ago, Ormond said:

That's according to the BBC.

Steve McClaren: Former Derby & England manager shortlisted for Hearts job
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40849646

I wonder if he's bought a new brolly especially for Edinburgh? 

On 03/08/2017 at 4:08 PM, Larky Masher said:

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Steve McLaren on Hearts shortlist. 

Absolute seeth coming from Fibs.net is comical. He's achieved nothing in management, itll be a shambles of an appointment etc etc

Assisted Fergie to a treble in 99

Led Middlesbrough to their only major silverware

Led Middlesbrough to the UEFA Cup final

Led FC Twente to the Eredivisie title

Led Derby to the playoff final in his first spell

I just hope they gie the gig ti Daly or Presley 

14 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Absolute seeth coming from Fibs.net is comical. He's achieved nothing in management, itll be a shambles of an appointment etc etc

Assisted Fergie to a treble in 99

Led Middlesbrough to their only major silverware

Led Middlesbrough to the UEFA Cup final

Led FC Twente to the Eredivisie title

Led Derby to the playoff final in his first spell

I just hope they gie the gig ti Daly or Presley 

Indeed there is similar on Kickback, people only remembering his role with England and writing him off. I would be delighted with him of Freedman 

Given the list of impressive candidates who are supposedly interested in the position if Daly ends up getting the job i think Kickback and the facebook pages will go into meltdown. 

Would Steve Mclaren be ok with working under Levein as 1st team coach?

Decent chance they'd have had a similar structure at Twente I'd guess. Not sure if it would put off some of the more experienced coaches all the same?

39 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Would Steve Mclaren be ok with working under Levein as 1st team coach?

Decent chance they'd have had a similar structure at Twente I'd guess. Not sure if it would put off some of the more experienced coaches all the same?

I suspect any experienced manager will tell Levein to 'get tae' if he tries to hand down notes or come to the dressing room at half time. :lol:

Wonder if McGhee has applied...

1 hour ago, hannibal smith said:

Indeed there is similar on Kickback, people only remembering his role with England and writing him off. I would be delighted with him of Freedman 

Given the list of impressive candidates who are supposedly interested in the position if Daly ends up getting the job i think Kickback and the facebook pages will go into meltdown. 

I just cant see McLaren working under Levein.  Big appointment for your mob.  Hartley not the best/obvious choice?

51 minutes ago, giblet said:

Being reported that Roberts is wanting to go back to Celtic.  That pushes Hayes even further down the pecking order.  Doesnt help Liam Henderson either, who is not getting chance of any progression.  

Hayes is a upgrade on GMS but won't be a first choice player.

I feel sorry for Henderson. He probably needs to move on now. 

5 hours ago, giblet said:

Being reported that Roberts is wanting to go back to Celtic.  That pushes Hayes even further down the pecking order.  Doesnt help Liam Henderson either, who is not getting chance of any progression.  

If Roberts does come back, then Hayes will be back up for Sinclair which I'd imagine was the original plan. As for Henderson, he's not good enough and should have been punted a long time ago.

19 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Hayes is a upgrade on GMS but won't be a first choice player.

I feel sorry for Henderson. He probably needs to move on now. 

yeah Henderson needs a move, until McGregor started actually being ok I thought Henderson was a better player, maybe still is but really is at the point where he needs to be playing

21 hours ago, giblet said:

Roberts coming or not coming back to Celtic doesn't hinder Henderson as they play in different positions. The signing of Ntcham, form of Armstrong and Rogic and emergence of McGregor is what stands between Henderson and first team football. Kouassi, who cost about £2m, is also probably in front of him for a centre mid position based on last nights starting line up.

On 8/7/2017 at 6:21 PM, Debian said:

Agent Scotland has it as £250k on Twitter.  

Has stated Ipswich putting  £1m on their website is nonsense to make the Rangers fans think they've received more ????

FYI - Mick McCarthy has said it was "nowhere near" £1 million.