Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 152 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

46 minutes ago, Ormond said:

What a pile of predictable pish from you lot. :lol:

The fact is, you take players and ruin them. Pressure of being a Rangers player my arse.  I bet there's something in the money scenario that we are not being told. 

It's amazing how it's never the players fault. The boy did not settle well at Ibrox for whatever reason. He managed to get into the bad books of 2 different managers. But it's all Rangers fault. 

You're the one spouting predictable pish. 

Try looking at it honestly and you'll see that O Halloran has been at least partially to blame for his situation. It's not like Tommy Wright has waved a magic wand over him in the few weeks he's been at Saints. He has worked harder for you lot than he did for us. 

It's fairly obvious to see. He's not a lazy player so why wasn't he putting the same shift in at Ibrox? 

Just now, RenfrewBlue said:

It's amazing how it's never the players fault. The boy did not settle well at Ibrox for whatever reason. He managed to get into the bad books of 2 different managers. But it's all Rangers fault. 

Try looking at it honestly and you'll see that O Halloran has been at least partially to blame for his situation. It's not like Tommy Wright has waved a magic wand over him in the few weeks he's been at Saints. He has worked harder for you lot than he did for us. 

It's fairly obvious to see. He's not a lazy player so why wasn't he putting the same shift in at Ibrox? 

He was never going to fit in with his name.

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Or maybe his inability to kick his own backside all of Last season and his lack of discipline off the field meant there was no way back? 

I don't think O Halloran is a bad player but he is not the right kind of player for Rangers. His biggest asset is his pace. He rarely got to use that at Ibrox due to the teams sitting in and defending deep. 

He also didn't appear to handle the pressure of being a Rangers player. 

A goalscorer ?

:)

23 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

“To be fair I think certain players respond to how they’re managed and I’m very close to Michael in terms of the relationship I have with him. "

Tommy Wright 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1474836/rangers-michael-ohalloran-st-johnstone-tommy-wright-pedro-caixinha/

11 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Is it not the job of the manager and coaching staff to get the best out of the player? Wright clearly can where two Rangers managers couldn't. That might tell you something about the player, but it also suggests Wright is the better manager.

2 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Is it not the job of the manager and coaching staff to get the best out of the player? Wright clearly can where two Rangers managers couldn't. That might tell you something about the player, but it also suggests Wright is the better manager.

You may well be right. He certainly has the evidence to back that up so far. 

However I'd also say that the player lacked the required personal drive or discipline to succeed too. 

Big fish in a little pond suddenly finds the big pond just too big? A bit like Celtic in the CL Groups? 

Notts Forest get bid knocked back by Hibs for McGinn.  Warburton still a fanny.

St. Mirren must be hoping for a decent fee if we do sell, some reports saying they get 30% of any deal.

Edited by giblet

5 hours ago, kumnio said:

If he had failed at Celtic then that could apply. Rangers aren't a big pond though, not a single Rangers player would get in the Celtic team, and that's pretty damning. 

This has absolutely nothing to do with Celtic. What a bizarre response. It's about the pressure and expectations of Rangers players.

8 hours ago, Pool Q said:

4 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

This has absolutely nothing to do with Celtic. What a bizarre response. It's about the pressure and expectations of Rangers players.

So you don't see the revelvance then? The sooner you realise that your team is one of the diddy teams the better it will be for you. 

11 hours ago, kumnio said:

So you don't see the revelvance then? The sooner you realise that your team is one of the diddy teams the better it will be for you. 

I am totally clear on Rangers current position. I think we need to be aiming for 2nd this season and consolidating year on year. No chance of competing with Celtic just yet. 

The expectation placed on the players comes from the Club and the 50,000 fans at every home game. Are you saying playing for Rangers is the same as playing for Partick? Seriously? 

11 hours ago, euan2020 said:

wtf - it was you who brought Celtic into the discussion  

No. I used them as an analogy. I could have used a variety of CL minnows but thought that was the easiest to understand. Pity I forgot the parochial attitudes that pervade every response on here. 

20 hours ago, giblet said:

Notts Forest get bid knocked back by Hibs for McGinn.  Warburton still a fanny.

St. Mirren must be hoping for a decent fee if we do sell, some reports saying they get 30% of any deal.

33% Giblet! Don't be trying to do us out of that 3%! ;)

I hope you continue to play hardball until you get the right fee. £750k is a joke, but equally Lennon's having a laugh with his £5m.

5 hours ago, Marky said:

33% Giblet! Don't be trying to do us out of that 3%! ;)

I hope you continue to play hardball until you get the right fee. £750k is a joke, but equally Lennon's having a laugh with his £5m.

Given the amount of money Championship clubs are paying for other players, I dont think £3 million is unreasonable.  I think however that if they offer £1.5 million he is gone.

and your £500k will be on its way!

1 hour ago, giblet said:

Understand why Celtic fans would be happy but where exactly is all their money going?  Another loan for Roberts?

I'm delighted Paddy is back......but we better get a centre half signed before the deadline and hopefully a striker as  well ?

4 hours ago, slasher said:

I'm delighted Paddy is back......but we better get a centre half signed before the deadline and hopefully a striker as  well ?

Only read today that the boy Coetzee's deal had been dumped as he failed the medical. 

Quite unusual for that to happen these days. 

5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Only read today that the boy Coetzee's deal had been dumped as he failed the medical. 

Quite unusual for that to happen these days. 

Aye, it's a pity. Fused bone in his right foot apparently. I'm not sure how easy that is to fix but we retain an interest in him and have first option in January.

9 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

He's been a poor signing. Do you want him back?

Hayes definitely comes into the category of trying too hard at the moment.