Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

4 hours ago, jock strap said:

Nae chance in Dorrans going to Greyskull. 

The same Greyskull where the Masters of the Universe sat? :lol: Even the Celtic ones dropped that when they worked it out !!

Anyway, more chance of him winding up Greyskull than Ibrox, I suppose..

7 hours ago, jock strap said:

Fair enough mate.

Congrats on a decent season, will miss the banter :ok: 

You not linked with anyone decent yet ? You'll need to buy like you should have done in January to push again.

Cmon now. 

Lets not be too hasty,we can still laugh at you even though you're in the league below. :P

1 hour ago, Stu101 said:

The same Greyskull where the Masters of the Universe sat? :lol: Even the Celtic ones dropped that when they worked it out !!

He supports Dundee Utd. Being 10 years behind is par for the course. 

BTW JS  'Snake Mountain' is what you were looking for bud. Just for future. 

33 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Hunnery has the best ring to it. :P

10 hours ago, Rossy said:

Nobody said they're doing anything wrong. 

What they're doing is entirely predictable. Which is the point made by a few of us back at the beginning of this thread....a point which was then denied by several Rangers fans. 

Rangers will, and have to, resort to type. Does anyone expect them to live sensibly within their means, to not repeat the mistakes of the past ? Of course not.

Mark Warburton has denied that we are paying Rossiter 10k a week, in an interview today apparently. 

Happy now?

14 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Doh ! 

Should really think before I post :lol: 

still, nae chance he's going to you.

12 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

:lol: 

now now mate, we can all make mistakes.

10 years behind indeed....I wish ! We'd still be in the SPL and had not a bad team ;)

On 14 May 2016 at 9:28 PM, vanderark14 said:

Barton and Rangers sound like a match made in heaven to me.

Surprised at Warburton getting involved in this, sort of deal he'd be well advised to stay clear of. It does feel like Barton and his agent are using this to get a better deal for him in England, but I guess he could yet end up at Ibrox. If Rangers do sign him, they have basically looked up who is listed as the biggest cvnt in 'The Big Book of Cvnts' and decided to sign him. 'Marquee signing' and all that, and he can play, but in my opinion he'll be a bad signing and a waste of money. What is noticeable is how many Rangers fans are happy to try to rationalise and justify it, some already salivating at the prospect of the first OF clash and Barton coming up against Brown. I see McLeish has joined in the fun too. A few agents down south with aging or troublesome players looking for a pension fund will have taken note.

Kranjcar now being touted as a possible. I hope they are doing the sums properly. I know rangers ST income will increase significantly but they need that anyway don't they as they have been losing significant sums over the past few years? Not sure how they can afford signings like this but fair play if they can.

Maybe king is going to invest significantly. ;)

18 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Kranjcar now being touted as a possible. I hope they are doing the sums properly. I know rangers ST income will increase significantly but they need that anyway don't they as they have been losing significant sums over the past few years? Not sure how they can afford signings like this but fair play if they can.

Maybe king is going to invest significantly. ;)

Significantly increased ST revenue, significantly increased TV income, Newcastle being relegated could signal the end of the deals with Sports Direct and allow Rangers to regain control of their merchandising, possibility of extra money through European football next money should we beat Hibs on Sarturday, getting players signed 2 or more years ago on stupid wages for their ability off the wage bill is going to free up between £40k and £50k a week. We were losing a lot of money over the past few years, but the board have been able to reduce that to £500k loss in the last 6 months. Warburton likes a small squad so we could perhaps afford to pay players a little bit more if we keep the numbers down, especially when you consder the size of Celtic's squad with their 73 midfielders getting paid £12k-£35k per week.

Edited by theweestevie

47 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Standard newspaper story ahead of the final saying rangers after Cummings. Hope they are not behaving badly  using the press like utd were accused of re McKinnon? ;)

Where's this being reported?  Only thing I can see this morning is the Kranjcar story which I'm pretty sure is utter horseshit. 

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Where's this being reported?  Only thing I can see this morning is the Kranjcar story which I'm pretty sure is utter horseshit. 

Cummings thing in the Scotsman of all places. And the BBC "rumour mill" .

2 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Cummings thing in the Scotsman of all places. And the BBC "rumour mill" .

Cummings to us has been bubbling away under the surface for a wee while now.  I think he's a decent player but not sure I can see him fitting in our team.  And he'll need to do something about that barnet if he does.  I also ready somewhere that the fee would be £750K+ which I'm not sure we have.  I also don't see Stubbs as being particularly keen to sell to us (if he's still there) after all his bluster around the Allan transfer.  I reckon Cummings will end up in the English Championship at a Wolves or similar.

49 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Surprised at Warburton getting involved in this, sort of deal he'd be well advised to stay clear of. It does feel like Barton and his agent are using this to get a better deal for him in England, but I guess he could yet end up at Ibrox. If Rangers do sign him, they have basically looked up who is listed as the biggest cvnt in 'The Big Book of Cvnts' and decided to sign him. 'Marquee signing' and all that, and he can play, but in my opinion he'll be a bad signing and a waste of money. What is noticeable is how many Rangers fans are happy to try to rationalise and justify it, some already salivating at the prospect of the first OF clash and Barton coming up against Brown. I see McLeish has joined in the fun too. A few agents down south with aging or troublesome players looking for a pension fund will have taken note.

Not me my friend,  I don't want him. He may be playing his best football now but he's still a loose Cannon and I'd rather he stayed down South. 

Also Krancjar? Please let that be just the usual rubbish summer rumour mill.

6 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Not me my friend,  I don't want him. He may be playing his best football now but he's still a loose Cannon and I'd rather he stayed down South. 

Also Krancjar? Please let that be just the usual rubbish summer rumour mill.

To be fair this is all paper talk, and the fact that Redknapp's name is linked to the article I saw about Krancjar probably says it all.

17 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

To be fair this is all paper talk, and the fact that Redknapp's name is linked to the article I saw about Krancjar probably says it all.

I read recently that Redknapp was taking over Nigeria. He's probably in a meeting the now with the Nigerian FA asking for a war chest to sign Krancjar, Defoe and Crouch for the next african nations qualifying campaign.

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Cummings to us has been bubbling away under the surface for a wee while now.  I think he's a decent player but not sure I can see him fitting in our team.  And he'll need to do something about that barnet if he does.  I also ready somewhere that the fee would be £750K+ which I'm not sure we have.  I also don't see Stubbs as being particularly keen to sell to us (if he's still there) after all his bluster around the Allan transfer.  I reckon Cummings will end up in the English Championship at a Wolves or similar.

If we get £1million for him from you (providing we get it all up front ;)), happy to drive the big headed greedy wee barsteward through to you myself.

8 minutes ago, giblet said:

If we get £1million for him from you (providing we get it all up front ;)), happy to drive the big headed greedy wee barsteward through to you myself.

Hibs need to sell Cummings now, while he's still a media darling in the limelight.

In a year's time, after a season out of the public eye,  they'll be lucky to get a 100 grand for him.

Edited by Rossy