Iron Horse - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Iron Horse

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iron Horse is a great pub go there before every Scotland home game and its the home of Westa TA. Staff are friendly, drink reasonable price and food is great too.  Some folk just like to moan on here, nothing wrong with the place at all.

Used to work in Empire House right next door to it for about 10 years.  Think I was in the Iron Horse twice during that time (outwith Scotland games) and the Blue Lagoon once.   The pub in particular is a shithole and some of the sights you'd see staggering out of it at 11am left a lot to be desired.  The only plus point I can think of was the people (WESTA?) who used to run a bus to/from the games on match-days.  Beer was watered down pish, the place stank and it tended to be full of neds.  In the list of lost Glasgow boozers, it won't be missed if it goes.

Jeezo...would you all just take the pokers out your arse!  No one is forcing you to drink in the Iron Horse or eat in the Blue Lagoon.  The fact that they've both been there for decades would indicate that there are plenty people who do like them and that's fine.  You can hardly move in the Iron Horse on a Friday or Saturday night, it's that busy.

There are pubs that I like and pubs that I don't but I wouldn't come on a message board slagging them off because everyone can choose to spend their money where they want.

Don't like it? Just don't fecking go there......

Oh...by the way...the food is really good in the Iron Horse.  Had many a stonking breakfast in there before leaving on a WESTA bus and their mac n cheese is fab.

12 minutes ago, jenblueeyes said:

Jeezo...would you all just take the pokers out your arse!  No one is forcing you to drink in the Iron Horse or eat in the Blue Lagoon.  The fact that they've both been there for decades would indicate that there are plenty people who do like them and that's fine.  You can hardly move in the Iron Horse on a Friday or Saturday night, it's that busy.

There are pubs that I like and pubs that I don't but I wouldn't come on a message board slagging them off because everyone can choose to spend their money where they want.

Oh...by the way...the food is really good in the Iron Horse.  Had many a stonking breakfast in there before leaving on a WESTA bus and their mac n cheese is fab.

We are in agreement with this post.

12 hours ago, jenblueeyes said:

Well Said Jen

On 08/05/2016 at 1:20 PM, Chesney Hawkes TA said:

Apparently the building it and the Blue Lagoon are part of is to be levelled and an office block built there. If true, Glasgow losing its best pub and chippy.

Rumour unfounded

23 hours ago, Boynze said:

Still a complete shitehole full of scumbags.

Fair dos....let me know where you like to drink....so that I can avoid them because they are clearly full of judgemental arseholes!

4 minutes ago, jenblueeyes said:

Fair dos....let me know where you like to drink....so that I can avoid them because they are clearly full of judgemental arseholes!

I do not lower myself to partake in the working classes's favourite past time. a nice up of earl grey for me thank you.

Edited by Boynze

12 minutes ago, jenblueeyes said:

Bring back the like button.

On 14/05/2016 at 8:22 PM, jenblueeyes said:

Loving your work Jen :lol:

On 5/12/2016 at 9:58 PM, jenblueeyes said:

You're missing the point of a messageboard. Folk come on here to give their opinions on things. That may be football, it may be pubs (strange that you're not having a pop at folk in the "Worst pubs" thread...) or it may be adverts on the telly. 

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You're missing the point of a messageboard. Folk come on here to give their opinions on things. That may be football, it may be pubs (strange that you're not having a pop at folk in the "Worst pubs" thread...) or it may be adverts on the telly. 

It's quite simple....the Iron Horse is the home of WESTA so when folks come on calling for the place to be torn down, I have an opinion.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Or it may be on Pittodrie getting sold and moving to a shitehole desolate location as far away as Peterculter. Oh wait...

28 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Or it may be on Pittodrie getting sold and moving to a shitehole desolate location as far away as Peterculter. Oh wait...

I salute your indefatigability :lol: 

14 hours ago, jenblueeyes said:

It's quite simple....the Iron Horse is the home of WESTA so when folks come on calling for the place to be torn down, I have an opinion.

Yeah, i've no problem with you having an opinion. It's you who's having a pop at folk for voicing an opinion :)