Aberdeen on the move - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Is that site a better option than the previous one? I mean for supporters?

Nope. Worse, for everyone really.

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

Isn't Westhill outwith the city boundary?

Indeed. It's shire. Might as well be in Glasgow.

I heard a few weeks ago that it is the fields to the east of Lawsondale pitches...there has been some drilling activity there over the past couple of months ....presumably stadium related.  I think some of that land may have been landfill?

3 minutes ago, caledonian1 said:

I heard a few weeks ago that it is the fields to the east of Lawsondale pitches...there has been some drilling activity there over the past couple of months ....presumably stadium related.  I think some of that land may have been landfill?

I initially said Westhill but hearing it's Kingswells - does that tie in?

dont think so as I thought it was nearer Westhill....like I said in the fields next to Lawsondale.  This backed up what I was told a couple of weeks earlier, by a Director that it was "half a mile or so from here"...when I was in Westhill

14 minutes ago, AberdeenAngus said:

I initially said Westhill but hearing it's Kingswells - does that tie in?

"Between Westhill and Kingswells"

They've been doing lots of drilling in the fields next to what used to be the first roundabout in Westhill.

Nae chance of this going ahead. The No voting Nimbys will be oot in force.

There's no even been a feasability study done yet. I'll save you time and money....it's no feasible. 

It is reclaimed waste ground....will be between Lawsondale pitches and the By-pass with the dual carriage way to Westhill on one side......not very intrusive.  Would far prefer a redevelopment of Pittodrie though but understand that the site is worth close to £20m and Dons want to take advantage of that.

10 minutes ago, caledonian1 said:

It is reclaimed waste ground....will be between Lawsondale pitches and the By-pass with the dual carriage way to Westhill on one side......not very intrusive.  Would far prefer a redevelopment of Pittodrie though but understand that the site is worth close to £20m and Dons want to take advantage of that.

Any boozers nearby ?

Edited by Rossy

28 minutes ago, caledonian1 said:

I thought they used to speak about Pittodrie land being worth GBP8-9M ? 

39 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Any boozers nearby ?

Within a mile, there's not 1, but TWO bars....both of which are in hotels.

pittodrie.jpg

I doubt the plans released tomorrow will be much more detailed than mine though.

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Are they moving so that the stadium will be in a Tory constituency? 

The Bodiach Burn is the border between Aberdeen City and Shire and according to this link:

http://www.bcomm-scotland.independent.gov.uk/includes/downloadfile.asp?file=/1st_holyrood/final_rec/const_maps/aberdeenshire_west.pdf

It is also the border between Aberdeenshire West (Blue Tory country) and the inappropriately named Aberdeen Donside (Yellow Tory country).

This concludes todays lesson.

10 minutes ago, deecie said:

pittodrie.jpg

I doubt the plans released tomorrow will be much more detailed than mine though.

The Bodiach Burn is the border between Aberdeen City and Shire and according to this link:

http://www.bcomm-scotland.independent.gov.uk/includes/downloadfile.asp?file=/1st_holyrood/final_rec/const_maps/aberdeenshire_west.pdf

It is also the border between Aberdeenshire West (Blue Tory country) and the inappropriately named Aberdeen Donside (Yellow Tory country).

Ach, it will probably be Tory by the time it's built.

I hope they invest in a change of ground better than they do in players. Thank you so much for Joe The Throw. He is heading for a player of the season award or 2 from Saintees. Started off shaky but ended up immense in defence for us.  Talking of which, yet another great result for Saints tonight. 4 on the trot in the top 6. If Scottish football played during the summer months, we would win the league at a canter. Scott Brown (Saints player) struggled for a game when out on loan with Dumbarton but, yet again, bossed the game against Celtic 

3 hours ago, deecie said:

pittodrie.jpg

Will the privately owned business parks be installing gates at their car parks,so people like myself can park at their work (foc) and be able to avoid mixing with the less fortunate,battling for a parking space?