Aberdeen on the move - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Westhill isn't as far out of the city as Peterculter and it most certainly isn't "isolated".  Not sure if I'm in favour of relocation, but if I was, not sure I could have picked a better site that the one proposed. 

Union Terrace Gardens was always my preferred location.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Westhill isn't as far out of the city as Peterculter and it most certainly isn't "isolated".  Not sure if I'm in favour of relocation, but if I was, not sure I could have picked a better site that the one proposed. 

Correct Westhills is further out than Peterculter. Boom.

Peterculter to Aberdeen - 7.6m

Westhills to Aberdeen - 9.0m

10 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

If the ground was actually in Westhill (not Westhills) it would be outwith the city boundary too.

Seeing as the proposed stadium is going to be within the city boundary, it's not in Westhill.

Is it less than an hours walk from town?

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Correct Westhills is further out than Peterculter. Boom.

Peterculter to Aberdeen - 7.6m

Westhills to Aberdeen - 9.0m

You've adjusted that map so you're going back on yourself along the dual carriageway to make the distance from Aberdeen to Westhill appear longer than it actually is.

boom.

Edited by deecie
Insufficient boom-ing

22 minutes ago, deecie said:

You've adjusted that map so you're going back on yourself along the dual carriageway to make the distance from Aberdeen to Westhill appear longer than it actually is.

boom.

Don't ask me why goodle maps does that but it does the same thing in Peterculter and goes for a wee drive.

Either way the shortest route from both to the centre is 7.4 & 7.6 miles meaning the are the same in terms of being far flung outside of Aberdeen in deep neebziod land which is exactly what I said to begin with. 

Boom II.

7 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Don't ask me why goodle maps does that but it does the same thing in Peterculter and goes for a wee drive.

Either way the shortest route from both to the centre is 7.4 & 7.6 miles meaning the are the same in terms of being far flung outside of Aberdeen in deep neebziod land which is exactly what I said to begin with. 

Boom II.

Nah.

You've been caught speaking pish.

Again.

6 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Oh aye right because 0.2 miles apart is not accurate enough for this thread. Who the fukk do you think you are NASA. 

Stick to your incredibly minging 'Famous' patter. Geography is clearly not your thing.

You said 9.0 miles rather than the 6.6 miles it actually is from the train station (that you chose as a reference point).

Still, keep digging a hole for yourself - it's helping my afternoon pass a little quicker.

9 minutes ago, thplinth said:

FFS "digging a hole". What a sad case. 

Agreed.

You're meant to be an adult, but instead have decided to claim the potential new ground is in the middle of an empty field by using an old photo and that it's far away by using an inaccurate map.

1 hour ago, deecie said:

Agreed.

You're meant to be an adult, but instead have decided to claim the potential new ground is in the middle of an empty field by using an old photo and that it's far away by using an inaccurate map.

Claim? It is Google maps you ridiculous muppet.  

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Claim? It is Google maps you ridiculous muppet.  

That doesn't make it right though. 

It shows a roundabout that disappeared about 3 years ago. 

Dont believe everything you read on the net,you'll end up looking rather foolish. 

3 hours ago, deecie said:

Agreed.

You would hope it is an empty field. What happens if they turn up to start building it and there are all these houses already there. The guy with the old photo will have a lot to answer for.

39 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Further out from where?!  It's Westhill and it's less isolated and has better roads to and from "Aberdeen". 

Good point SJ. I picked the same soulless city centre shopping centre as the same destination for both the Peterculter and Westhill.

It was a bit tricky with the new version of google maps but the point stands. Westhill and Peterculter are about equidistant from the centre of Aberdeen. You can make a big argument out of it but that just shows you up for being a super sensitive Aberdonian p****.

(edit sorry not you)

Edited by thplinth