And We Wonder Why Less Kids Are Playing Fitba... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

And We Wonder Why Less Kids Are Playing Fitba...

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/new-school-football-rules-pc-gone-mad/

Political correctness gone mad I tell you!!

Some of the things on there are absolutely ridiculous.  It would also be good if whoever composed it could pay a wee visit to the English teacher to get the spelling and grammar double checked!!

Edited by Fairbairn

13 minutes ago, Shed_Tartan_Army_Yeah said:

WTF is a wahoy??

I have nae idea, but it doesn't have the sound of something that should be allowed on a fitba pitch.

The thing is, these same "teachers" will probably be the same ones moaning like fuk about being "overworked" but they still have time to churn out pish like this.

40 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

WTF is "hogg the ball"??

Didnt think that was a Dundee only saying. Its when one tosser thinks he is better than everyone, so refuses to pas the ball. Annoying wee hoggy bastird.

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Didnt think that was a Dundee only saying. Its when one tosser thinks he is better than everyone, so refuses to pas the ball. Annoying wee hoggy bastird.

To be fair the only reason he is able to "hogg the ba" is because he probably IS better than everybody else. We called the greedy wee bastrds. They were always wee.

2 hours ago, Shed_Tartan_Army_Yeah said:

WTF is a wahoy??

Yea nae idea wtf that is

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

Aye just a ball hogg or greedy , although quite often a better player also usually a . WAHOY!!!

We have a football contract at our school that had to be signed by pupils and parents before they could play. 

Didn't go into as much detail about the actual play but governed behaviour, basic rules and picking teams etc. It's not that uncommon. 

I'm not as surprised as others.

Some kids today are nasty wee *****s compared when I kicked a ball about at the same ages. 

Act the big man and take other players out in kick abouts. I assume this is an attempt to stop that. 

Nothing wrong with a wee shout for a nutmeg though - that is mandatory B)

1 hour ago, AberdeenAngus said:

I'm not as surprised as others.

Some kids today are nasty wee *****s compared when I kicked a ball about at the same ages. 

Act the big man and take other players out in kick abouts. I assume this is an attempt to stop that. 

Nothing wrong with a wee shout for a nutmeg though - that is mandatory B)

This is probably true, but don't you just deal with the nasty kids as appropriate and in the usual way, if and when the need arises, instead of coming out with this kind of bollocks?

This just smacks of teachers who want a one size fits all, blanket approach instead of actually dealing with any issues individually and appropriately as they arise. They're scared to actually investigate incidents, weigh up the evidence and make decisions based on their findings.

It's a wholesale abdication of responsibility by those who should be intelligent enough and capable enough of dealing with playground nastiness.

A very poor state of affairs indeed.

15 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

This just smacks of teachers who want a one size fits all, blanket approach instead of actually dealing with any issues individually and appropriately as they arise. They're scared to actually investigate incidents, weigh up the evidence and make decisions based on their findings.

Well that's just not true at all. We have to do that every day. Plenty of times originating from football.

It also isn't individual teachers who implement this.

Football at many schools is also quite a flash point and leads to many fights, falling outs and problems. It's just a way to try and get kids to play properly and if they don't they sit out for a day or so. Issues are dealt with individually in relation to this. 

It's no different to class contracts where they agree to the class rules.

The only thing that's missing from that, from a South Lanarkshire viewpoint, is "nae moochin".

It seems that youth football these days is being run by pompous arseholes who are being allowed to do what they want without SFA intervention. And that's a shame. And detrimental to development in this country.

3 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

We have a football contract at our school that had to be signed by pupils and parents before they could play. 

Didn't go into as much detail about the actual play but governed behaviour, basic rules and picking teams etc. It's not that uncommon. 

Yeah but that's why all Invergordon teams are shit!

• 1 month later...

Couldn't justify a new thread,but my boy (8) got most improved player at his school today. 

Been training about 4 months and only played about 6 games. 

The look on his face was a sight to behold when his name was read out. 

That's appalling!

Is the grammar on display on this 'pupil contract' symptomatic of the standards within the classroom at this school? If I had a kid at this school I'd be quite concerned.

Sounds like a primary school populated solely be women teachers who simply can't be ersed with the bairns kicking a ball during breaks & are looking to swiftly get the whole cohort grounded for the session - what a bunch of zoomers!

How about a few more:

• I will not play long bawls
  • I will not say "year maw"
  • I will not play tick-e-tack style

19 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Couldn't justify a new thread,but my boy (8) got most improved player at his school today. 

Been training about 4 months and only played about 6 games. 

The look on his face was a sight to behold when his name was read out. 

I know your proud mate but share it with your family rather than us on here. Nobody could give two fks.

41 minutes ago, hauniscots said:

I know your proud mate but share it with your family rather than us on here. Nobody could give two fks.

Eh?  Where did that come from?  You get picked last at playground fitba?

Well done wee DandyDunn.