Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

14 hours ago, ShedTA said:

What's this Home win, Away win rubbish? It's the Cup Final at a neutral venue. Neither team is at home.

Not much of a joke that. Just lazy using a standard poster really. ;)

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

anyone know if I can get this on BBC red button. I dont have Sky just Freeview.

I think it's on normal BBC.

Unless of course you're not in Scotland.

Edited by Fairbairn

34 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I live in Eng. Sorry forgot to say, that's why i was wondering if I could get it on Red button; otherwise just have to use computer.

on sky you can get it via regional BBC stations or you may be able to watch it online by going through a proxy like Hola app.

28 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Where are the Hibbys going through by train drinking beforehand? 

Hoping to get into the Beechwood this time around.  Shed is ours for this game, might be an option?

1 hour ago, giblet said:

Quite simply remarkable.  Hibs oldest fan getting ready to go to his 10th final.  106 years fricking old!  Gaun yersel Sammy.  His interview below link.

http://www.forth1.com/localnews/listen-106-year-old-hibs-fan-dreaming-of-scottish-cup-glory-before-he-dies/

I hope he doesn't die before tomorrow. He's obviously the jinx. The only man to experience each and every Hibs failure since 1904.

18 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

I hope he doesn't die before tomorrow. He's obviously the jinx. The only man to experience each and every Hibs failure since 1904.

And the only man with 102 years more history than you lot! ?

Up at 7, breakfast, get ready, then jump the number 3 to gilmerton to get the supporters bus then off to Glasgow we go for a few pre-match drinks.

I have a real good feeling about tomorrow. I don't know why just do. :chillpill:

4 hours ago, giblet said:

Quite simply remarkable.  Hibs oldest fan getting ready to go to his 10th final.  106 years fricking old!  Gaun yersel Sammy.  His interview below link.

http://www.forth1.com/localnews/listen-106-year-old-hibs-fan-dreaming-of-scottish-cup-glory-before-he-dies/

Amazing indeed!

3 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Said he only became a Hibs fan in 1945, so missed 3 final defeats in between.

There are now only 9 people left in the world who were alive when Hibs last won the cup...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_living_people

I've just remembered that, despite being strong favourites, we handed Ivan Golac's mediocre Dundee Utd their cup win in 1994, thanks to Ally Maxwell blootering the ball off Dave McPherson. I'm getting more worried now...

Still, after Hampden I'm meeting the boys in town for the FA Cup Final (assuming ours doesn't go to extra time) and then the German Cup Final tomorrow night so win or lose, I'll have a good day. Oh how I'd love to win though. It would be just great.

48 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

I've just remembered that, despite being strong favourites, we handed Ivan Golac's mediocre Dundee Utd their cup win in 1994, thanks to Ally Maxwell blootering the ball off Dave McPherson. I'm getting more worried now...

Still, after Hampden I'm meeting the boys in town for the FA Cup Final (assuming ours doesn't go to extra time) and then the German Cup Final tomorrow night so win or lose, I'll have a good day. Oh how I'd love to win though. It would be just great.

That's the only Scottish Cup final I've ever been to. I'm going tomorrow. :blush:

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

That's the only Scottish Cup final I've ever been to. I'm going tomorrow. :blush:

These are ones I have been to

73 v Celtic

79 v Hibs. The two 0-0 games but lost the will to attend the second replay.

81 v Utd . Both games.

83 v Aberdeen

93 v Airdrie

Edited by EddardStark

1 minute ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Is it the Beechwood Flame and Grill? 

I always thought the beechwood was a bowling club for some reason

Yup. Hearing Shed has been cancelled.  Would imagine now there will be a scramble for places for the ones that had tickets for that.

8 minutes ago, giblet said:

Yup. Hearing Shed has been cancelled.  Would imagine now there will be a scramble for places for the ones that had tickets for that.

To be fair the location is wrong for Hibs fans against today's opposition. Every chance there would have been bother and I reckon the Police will have had something to do with the decision.