Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

17 minutes ago, Rossy said:

22/1 (Ladbrokes) on a Hibs/Palace double today. 

I'll give you 25's. 

I cannot ing believe I'm working today. Barring any catastrophe I'll still get to see it, but still :(

All the best to everyone heading through, and to those who aren't. Really could go either way I think. 

Mon The Gers!!!!!

35 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

I'll give you 25's. 

I cannot ing believe I'm working today. Barring any catastrophe I'll still get to see it, but still :(

All the best to everyone heading through, and to those who aren't. Really could go either way I think. 

Mon The Gers!!!!!

Cheers Angus.  That's very kind of ye. 

Off to see my son and his band compete in the British Pipe Band Championships at St James playing fields in Paisley (the race course to you auld yins) and hopefully back in timeout the Cup Final.

If they make their final it's on at about 3. 

At least I'll have seen them in the heats. ;)

Well i'm up showered, fed and about to crack open a bottle of Belhaven Black ?

Wasn't nervous before the semi and nor am I nervous today. 

We started the season with a 6.2, and it would be a tremendous way to end it. 

21 minutes ago, Debian said:

We started the season with a 6.2, and it would be a tremendous way to end it. 

Gone over 3.5 goals (doubled with under 2.5 in English FA cup).

Can't see their not being goals.

2-2 and hibs win on penalties is my prediction.

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

Gone over 3.5 goals (doubled with under 2.5 in English FA cup).

Can't see their not being goals.

2-2 and hibs win on penalties is my prediction.

Think there will be goals- though I said that about the kille - falkirk play off. Can easy see extra time n.all.

Gunnarsson is 40/1 for the first goal. Is that the boy thats pretty handy from corners?

One of those games I want both teams will lose somehow. I've a feeling it might be a good game, and I find myself hoping for a Hibs win. Life is strange sometimes. A day in the pub beckons to watch football and rugby.

Edited by Pool Q

Just been out and stuck a couple of quid on a Hibs win, a bit of compensation should they finally do it :lol:

There is no way Id ever support a Glasgow team winning anything against a team from Edinburgh even if that means looking for Hibs to finally do it. It would only mean we lose one of the numerous bragging rights we hold over the wee team but for your average Hibby Joe in the street having spent their life dreaming of getting it then it will be worthwhile. 

I remember what it was like for us in 1998. 

Enjoy it boys.

10 minutes ago, giblet said:

McGregor to score first will be a good bet. On fire from corners just now.

sitting in the Beechwood just now with first pint.  Cmon Hibees give us that cup!

What's it like up there? Sitting in a pub in Merchant City on my Todd and trying to think about what to do next. 

3 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

What's it like up there? Sitting in a pub in Merchant City on my Todd and trying to think about what to do next. 

Pretty sedate at moment. Beers haven't kicked in yet.  Plenty room the now. The fact it's right next to Hampden is the bonus!

3 minutes ago, giblet said:

Pretty sedate at moment. Beers haven't kicked in yet.  Plenty room the now. The fact it's right next to Hampden is the bonus!

I'll pop up. If you see somebody walk in with a big stupid beard wearing a black Harrington jacket, say hello. 

Teams:

Rangers: Foderingham, Tavernier, Kiernan, Wilson, Wallace, Holt, Zelalem, Halliday, Waghorn, Miller, McKay. Subs: Bell, Law, Clark, Shiels, Burt.

Hibernian: Logan, Gray, McGregor, Hanlon, Fontaine, Stevenson, Fyvie, McGeouch, McGinn, Stokes, Cummings. Subs: Oxley, Henderson, Bartley, Boyle, Keatings, Gunnarsson, Dagnall

No real surprises from us. Only decision was Zelalem or Shiels.

Couple of big calls from Stubbs. Looks like they will try and press high onto our fullbacks, which, on the face of it, seems a sensible move. 

Getting nervous now! 

4 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Off to see my son and his band compete in the British Pipe Band Championships at St James playing fields in Paisley (the race course to you auld yins) and hopefully back in timeout the Cup Final.

If they make their final it's on at about 3. 

At least I'll have seen them in the heats. ;)

Well they made the final but they're playing at 4:45 so they'll have to do it without my support. 

5 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Well they made the final but they're playing at 4:45 so they'll have to do it without my support. 

Way to parent :lol: 

48 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Good luck to Hibs. By god does everyone of their fans deserve to finally see their team win the cup. :ok: 

Same could be said for their opposition.