Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 16 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

4 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Substitutions turned the game. 

Rangers were cruising at 2-1 up....Stubbs brought on 2 subs. who actually inflkuenced the game and turned it back their way.

Warburton brought on Shields and Clark and the game was lost. 

Agreed the 2 hibs subs changed it. Rangers well on top before that.

2 minutes ago, OLAS said:

BBC Scotland cuts off the celebrations short to show the English final...  wanks. 

Would have been a brilliant Sunshine on Leith. 

They showed it on sky. Was an impressive sing along

1 minute ago, OLAS said:

BBC Scotland cuts off the celebrations short to show the English final...  wanks. 

Hibs suppoeters invade the pitch. Takes 45 minutes to clear them. Maybe if they had stayed in the stands then we could all have 'enjoyed' Sunshine on Leith.

I think Id rather watch the FA Cup Final than watch that. Cannae see how its the BBCs fault.

4 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Was great on the radio.

I'm sure Sportscene will show it tonight

4 minutes ago, OLAS said:

They wouldn't have had to if the fans had stayed off the pitch.

13 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Forgot to mention I was also at the 1980 game against Celtic and the infamous Hampden Riot although I missed that bit.

Who'd have guessed, when you wrote that, we'd have 1980 deja vu today?

8 hours ago, EddardStark said:

what's happened? I am not near a tv at a the moment

I think you missed a bit (deja vu) :lol:

Edited by exile

11 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Halliday and Wallace struck on the way off the pitch? So just martyrs then?

If that happened, then it's a disgrace.

Is their any evidence other than a Rangers fan who got a text from his neutral mate?

What were the Rangers fans on the pitch for?

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

They wouldn't have had to if the fans had stayed off the pitch.

Let them have this one. You've seen your team win it many times I'm sure. This is 114 years of ridicule ended. As a fan of a club if a team that wins regularly I know you won't understand this but let them have their day.

5 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

I am making the same level of claims you are; minus the greetin and bitterness.

No you're not.

The Hibs fans Did run onto the pitch. You have claimed something that didn't happen is an excuse for this. You are havering pish.

I'm not bitter mate. I've seen my club lift more trophies in my life than most Scottish clubs have won in their history. 

I'm disappointed but can take it. If my boys band doesn't win the British Championship today I'll be raging but this is minor.

It's folk like you that try and excuse other teams fans at every turn but scream as soon as a Rangers fan farts that gets on my nerves. You're an apologist. 

9 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Taken on the chin Debian, well done. Your team played well, great game.

Shed. We were rotten. But that's more down to Hibs playing their game.

Could be worse I suppose. ?

I can't believe the number of people on here who think it's ok for a pitch invasion to take place. Parts of the pitch were torn up and a crossbar was broken. We also have reports of Rangers players being hit. For those who didn't see it (or refuse to) it was plain to see from the TV coverage that a fair number of Hibs fans were across at the Rangers support in the north stand giving it laldy. Can't help thinking that many of those condoning what the Hibs support did today would be the first to be all over it if it was OF fans doing the invading.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Let them have this one. You've seen your team win it many times I'm sure. This is 114 years of ridicule ended. As a fan of a club if a team that wins regularly I know you won't understand this but let them have their day.

I'm not detracting from it. I hope the Hibs support enjoy this win as I think they deserve it, but in the right way.

Folk seem keen to apologise for the Hibs fans indiscretions by blaming the Rangers support. That'd what's ripping my knitting.

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

No you're not.

The Hibs fans Did run onto the pitch. You have claimed something that didn't happen is an excuse for this. You are havering pish.

I'm not bitter mate. I've seen my club lift more trophies in my life than most Scottish clubs have won in their history. 

I'm disappointed but can take it. If my boys band doesn't win the British Championship today I'll be raging but this is minor.

It's folk like you that try and excuse other teams fans at every turn but scream as soon as a Rangers fan farts that gets on my nerves. You're an apologist. 

go and have a wee lie down and a greet and then come back on. win-win.