Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-05-21/sfa-chief-appalled-by-disorder-at-scottish-cup-final/

Chief executive Stewart Regan said the Scottish Football Association was "appalled by the scenes of disorder and the contemptible behaviour" after the Scottish Cup final and that a full investigation, carried out along with Police Scotland, would begin.

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Where did I say it was all right? 

Can you read?

There's no reason to run on a pitch to attack anyone. Only morons and half wits do that.

However if the Hibs fans had stayed in their stands there would have been no trouble. 

Or was it all the bad Rangers fans fault? 

I've not seen the statement so can't comment on that.

You indirectly said it was OK for rangers fans to come on and attack Hibs fans because they were already on the pitch.

16 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Ach, Hearts fans have had plenty of gloating over the years.

I'm sure most of them will just suck it up this once... :ok:

This one's heading down to Easter Road later to see what it's all about.

Wish me luck.

Just now, Clyde1998 said:

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-05-21/sfa-chief-appalled-by-disorder-at-scottish-cup-final/

Chief executive Stewart Regan said the Scottish Football Association was "appalled by the scenes of disorder and the contemptible behaviour" after the Scottish Cup final and that a full investigation, carried out along with Police Scotland, would begin.

does anyone take that clown seriously? I mean we are talking about a guy who lied about clubs going bust four years ago.

4 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You haven't commented on the Rangers players being assaulted on the pitch, or was that by our fans too?

That's nothing but hearsay right now.  

1 minute ago, Clyde1998 said:

Regan is appalled that rangers didn't win the cup. maybe he can ask  police scotland to investigate the corruption within Scottish football. 

I'm not in anyway saying it's true but I've read elsewhere it was dean Sheils who attacked a fan. I'm just illustrating that rumours spread fast online and shouldn't be taken as gospel 

31 minutes ago, redstevie007 said:

I can't believe the number of people on here who think it's ok for a pitch invasion to take place. Parts of the pitch were torn up and a crossbar was broken. We also have reports of Rangers players being hit. For those who didn't see it (or refuse to) it was plain to see from the TV coverage that a fair number of Hibs fans were across at the Rangers support in the north stand giving it laldy. Can't help thinking that many of those condoning what the Hibs support did today would be the first to be all over it if it was OF fans doing the invading.

I would honestly love too see how people like you reacted if there was an actual riot at a game. We seen Liverpool - Sevilla fans scrapping the other day in the stands, thats not ok, this was a pitch invasion, a pitch invasion. Stop greeting about it, our game has become sanitised as because of folk like you. If you don't like it, don't go and see another game in protest and do us all a favour.

1 minute ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Some party in leith tonight id imagine 

Was saying that tae my mate earlier, i'd imagine it will literally be carnage. Bodies everywhere from here till tomorrow afternoon. 

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Were people as upset when English fans have been invading pitches this week?

come on, thats romantic but. Theres nothing romantic about hibees running on the pitch in sheer joy and letting 114 years of emotion spill out into more sheer joy and emotion.

14 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not in anyway saying it's true but I've read elsewhere it was dean Sheils who attacked a fan. I'm just illustrating that rumours spread fast online and shouldn't be taken as gospel 

Sky reporting that three Rangers players required medical treatment now.

5 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Sky reporting that three Rangers players required medical treatment now.

That's still does not prove they were attacked, maybe they were the ones fighting? Again not saying either is true

Edited by vanderark14

32 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

I thought you were on top for long parts of the game. Hibs looked lost until their subs.

You were watching a different game from me then. Casually passing the ball about in our own third of the pitch isnt being on top.

Very few clear cut chances. In fact I'm struggling to think of a save the Hibs keeper had to make in the second half, other than our goal. 

1 hour ago, OLAS said:

If the game is on iPlayer, you'll be able to see fans of each team running at each other.   The camera does try to pan right to avoid it. 

I'm sure I caught a few punches flying.  

1 hour ago, Stu101 said:

Sun seemingly has pictures. That would mean clicking onto the suns website though- something I avoid at all costs.

I am talking about the alleged assault on the players. That would be a pretty big story on the TV if it is true.