Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 23 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

As bits and pieces of footage emerge it does look like hibs fans assaulted Rangers players, which is bang out of order.

Very disappointing that after the wait to see their team win the cup, instead of running on to celebrate and making for their own players, they've made for the rangers players.

On the TV all I saw was a hibs fans appear to embrace kenny Miller.

I still don't know why the Rangers fans got involved mind you?

55 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Surely you agree that both clubs she use be in trouble because of their fans actions?

I'd like to think it was the individuals concerned who will be in the most trouble.  I can understand the exuberance of the Hibs fans spilling onto the pitch but if the reports of assaults on players or other fans are verified then the individuals concerned should get hammered by the law.  Scottish cup final was miles better from an entertainment point of view than wembley but sadly overshadowed by hooligans and idiots whether they were supporting Hibs or Rangers.  I find it fairly depressing in the light of the Hillsborough verdict that the sort of moronic behaviour that led to barriers being put up in English grounds hasn't disappeared.  Over enthusiasm is one thing, thuggery is another matter entirely, policing and stewarding not great either by the looks of it.

1 minute ago, Hertsscot said:

You seem very well informed.

Have a pair myself

They came in a pack of 3

(Extra Large)

I've not posted in ages, but I've been tempted back on by today's events, and reading some of the pish on this thread...

Right, first off, congratulations to Hibs - fully deserved cup win, and the celebrations should be quite something. They were the better team, and we didn't deserve a thing based solely on the woeful defending throughout. Hibs could've been 3 up in the first half-hour, and I wouldn't have complained a bit. Stokes ran riot, and you could see the desire from the Hibs players - the only Rangers players who looked up for it at all were Miller, who I thought was excellent; and, to a lesser extent, Zelalem.

As for the post-match stuff - I have absolutely nothing against a celebratory pitch invasion. It happens all over, and hell, I was on the pitch at Cheltenham just the other week when we won the league, so I fully understand the emotion involved that causes invasions to happen. But where it goes wrong is when it turns from celebration to goading & incitement. Millwall fans were doing the same thing against Bradford last night, and Hibs fans did it today. The minority who goaded (and, as seems to be the case from videos starting to emerge, assaulted) Rangers players & staff; and who ran to the Rangers end to goad the support, are arseholes.

In saying that, the Rangers fans who came on to the pitch and got involved with the Hibs fans are also arseholes. There is no excuse for starting violence of any sort at the fitba. The Rangers statement would have been fine, other than the bit about the fans showing great restraint - that's laughable, and embarrassing when it was obvious that wasn't the case at all.

Both clubs should be hammered by the SFA for the post-match scenes. And there must be an inquiry into what looked to be woefully inadequate security as well.

1 minute ago, nelbo009 said:

I've not posted in ages, but I've been tempted back on by today's events, and reading some of the pish on this thread...

Right, first off, congratulations to Hibs - fully deserved cup win, and the celebrations should be quite something. They were the better team, and we didn't deserve a thing based solely on the woeful defending throughout. Hibs could've been 3 up in the first half-hour, and I wouldn't have complained a bit. Stokes ran riot, and you could see the desire from the Hibs players - the only Rangers players who looked up for it at all were Miller, who I thought was excellent; and, to a lesser extent, Zelalem.

As for the post-match stuff - I have absolutely nothing against a celebratory pitch invasion. It happens all over, and hell, I was on the pitch at Cheltenham just the other week when we won the league, so I fully understand the emotion involved that causes invasions to happen. But where it goes wrong is when it turns from celebration to goading & incitement. Millwall fans were doing the same thing against Bradford last night, and Hibs fans did it today. The minority who goaded (and, as seems to be the case from videos starting to emerge, assaulted) Rangers players & staff; and who ran to the Rangers end to goad the support, are arseholes.

In saying that, the Rangers fans who came on to the pitch and got involved with the Hibs fans are also arseholes. There is no excuse for starting violence of any sort at the fitba. The Rangers statement would have been fine, other than the bit about the fans showing great restraint - that's laughable, and embarrassing when it was obvious that wasn't the case at all.

Both clubs should be hammered by the SFA for the post-match scenes. And there must be an inquiry into what looked to be woefully inadequate security as well.

Excellent post

I'm not getting involved in the tit for tat argument about who is to blame.

But.

I suggest that punishment issued to both clubs should be as follows.

1) Rangers demoted back down a league and Dundee United returned to the top flight.

2) Hibs lose the Cup and it is awarded to Dundee United as Celtic ( the other semi finalists ) won the league so fair is fair.

Just my opinion of course.

1 minute ago, jock strap said:

But.

1) Rangers demoted back down a league and Dundee United returned to the top flight.

2) Hibs lose the Cup and it is awarded to Dundee United as Celtic ( the other semi finalists ) won the league so fair is fair.

:lol:

1 minute ago, macy37 said:

MSM all backing the "good behavior" of the Huns.

As you were.

This is exactly what I expect the outcome will be with any SFA investigation. Rangers will get away with it and the club will never retract that statement.

1 minute ago, Hertsscot said:

Is the guy with the black t shirt a genuine Hibs hooligan, I can't help thinking that the colour' s a bit too close to another Edinburgh team!

On checking they are more blood red than Maroon .....

Oh great, the fat kant from a few doors down has returned from the pub or Hampden with his hillbilly mates and is holding court in the back garden. All pished out their minds screaming about "them fawking dirty Hibee fenian kunts".

And now the whole street is being treated to five or six middle aged men belting out The Sash and other "cultural favourites celebrating British and Protestant identity".

Edited by ErsatzThistle

9 minutes ago, nelbo009 said:

spot on.

8 minutes ago, jock strap said:

But.

You would still find a way to lose :lol:

4 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Oh great, the fat kant from a few doors down has returned from the pub or Hampden with his hillbilly mates and is holding court in the back garden. All pished out their minds screaming about "them fawking dirty Hibee fenian kunts".

And now the whole street is being treated to five or six middle aged men belting out The Sash and other "cultural favourites celebrating British and Protestant identity".

Take a video and post it,could do with a laugh.