Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 25 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

From what I saw, a large minority of Rangers fans disguised as Hibs fans ran onto the pitch, causing the over-excited Edinburgh masses to follow. With such an unexpected and long deprived moment it was, to be fair, understandable. Hundreds of Rangers fans then retaliated running very heavily onto the hallowed pitch causing damage it's entire length. The Hibs fans soon retreated to the stands in an orderly manner while the Rangers fans taunted and fought running battles with security and police until well into the early hours of Sunday.

Guest faircity
4 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Nobody is saying there aren't morons in the Rangers support however they wouldn't be running on and smacking folk if the Hibs fans weren't on the pitch.

That's not an excuse just a fact.

Aye them jews tae. If they hadnt turned up in Sobibor and Auscwitz etc then they wod have been fine yoo. How were the Germans expected to react sat there in their concentration camps. 

4 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Thats pretty amazing. Cant believe, well I sadly can, that the Daily Rangers, sorry Daily Record allows guff like that to be posted/printed.

Things are slowly getting back to the way they were five years go.The friends of the Rangers in the media quickly off the mark to print nonsense like this. It reminds of the NO campaign tactics in 2014

2 minutes ago, faircity said:

Aye them jews tae. If they hadnt turned up in Sobibor and Auscwitz etc then they wod have been fine yoo. How were the Germans expected to react sat there in their concentration camps. 

Eh? 

3 minutes ago, faircity said:

WTF????

3 hours ago, JECK said:

Thoughts on the amount of Ireland flags on show today? Never seen as many before associated with hibs fans. Coming on the pitch is one thing but then flying that flag is just as bad for me

In amongst all the fighting and some players getting a dig you think someone flying a wee bit of material is just as bad??! FFS.

18 minutes ago, faircity said:

Just say no to drugs my friend. 

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Just say no to drugs my friend. 

I understand what he's saying.   He's being as simplistic as you with this pish: 

they wouldn't be running on and smacking folk if the Hibs fans weren't on the pitch

I know it was an all championship affair but this was a funny "toplflight" prelude to next year and what it will be like at pretty much every Rangers game.

Lot of bad vibes stored up for "the come back year" folks. I think most sense it.

Really do we need this? Buckle up. ;)

Anyway...

I've had a cracking night out watching the English, Italian and German cup finals so ambivalence has set in but I will try and give my opinion on the day.

in answer to the balloon who questioned why I was somehow able to text whilst in concern over my safety, I'd say that I texted after I left the ground because that's where I felt safer. I didn't post from within. If I did you would have had a point. As it is, you don't. Our fans reacted, wrongly, to provocation. Hibs fans should have been more gracious in victory.

Secondly, and most importantly, congratulations to Hibs. You played ever so well. We were shite today and deserved to lose. I suspect we would have lost in extra time anyway because you wanted it more so losing in the last minute meant I got to the pub earlier! Stubbs got one over Warburton so, fair play.

If players and staff were assaulted then that's sad. I understand it did happen from a few folk I've spoken to (including some Hibs chums) but let's not blow it out of all proportion, as most media outlets are already doing.

Normal service is resumed - moments before kick-off two rousing renditions of 'we hate celtic f***** b******* " - most probably from that famous minority and there was me thinking they were playing Hibs and so the songs went on throughout the match unchallenged by the thousand strong police & security team.

Speaking as a neutral (the jags) delighted to see the Hibs win the trophy after such a long time - thoroughly deserved and a decent match too.

As for the pitch invasion it was a joyous outpouring for the majority which did get out of hand - but there was absolutely no need for either the hibs fans to get involved with Rangers players or the fans of the losing teamto get themselves onto the pitch and involved in the general fracas (clearly unable to learn from multiple past indiscretions i.e. Barcelona, Hampden 1980, Manchester etc).

I would hope that high quality footage of each and every moron who engaged in anti-social behaviour (from the hibs fans involvement with the players to those rangers fans seen on video clips tonight involving themselves in group stampings) are identified and shoved in the clink. 

Shame about the pitch getting partially wrecked ahead of tomorrow's amateur cup final - also surprised there was any grass left at all after the pitch was cleared -  I'm sure though the lads of Colville Park & Leven Utd will have played on worse this season through the winter.

Edited by Topcat