Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 27 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

21 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Friend of mine is a Rangers supporter who was at the game with his 11 year old son and he says the behaviour of some of his fellow supporters at the end was "absolutely disgusting".  He was scared for his and his son's safety.  He was knocked to the ground by idiots trying to get into the pitch and also, unbelievably, the stairs were crushed by morons trying to get back in to go and fight.  He had to be pulled out and led to "relative safety".  

What goes through people's heads?  You lost, just go home. 

I was told I was "at it" for suggesting that it was an unsafe environment so I'm glad someone is backing me up.

To clarify my point above, I meant that the pitch invasion shouldn't be blown out of proportion in isolation. They happen regularly in England without incident. If players were assaulted then that is, of course, a totally different matter entirely.

The front page of today's Sunday Mail has a picture which suggests Lee Wallace was indeed punched.

Edit: it won't let me post the image because the file is too large.

Edited by thewolf_1980

5 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

The front page of today's Sunday Mail has a picture which suggests Lee Wallace was indeed punched.

Edit: it won't let me post the image because the file is too large.

CjBKxIOXEAAkIdA.jpg

Edited by Scunnered

1 minute ago, thewolf_1980 said:

The Sunday Mail one was after the alleged punch as Wallace fell to the ground so a combination of the two pictures is perhaps even more damning.

I thought that was the Sunday Mail :lol:

CjA7oAnWsAEGhdE.jpg

Not sure why that file is too large it has zero resolution.

the police should be identifying everyone who threw punches at players and the courts should be making huge examples of them. Put them in jail and ban them from football.

Folk thinking in terms of "Ranger's" side of Hampden is what caused the infighting amongst fans. It implies ownership and that it had to be "defended" cause the "hibs" invaded "our" half. Mob rules then kick in.Then you have another set of fans "defending" their side of the pitch like it's battlefield.

You have limited resources so they should be used to identify the fans hitting players and staff, that has to be nipped in the bid with immediate affect.

a total scummy thing to do, no defense for that.

reckon there will be a fair few arrest over the next few days, some very clear pictures circulating.

whats surprises me though is the age of some of the folk, one of the sunday mail pics of fans on the cross bar (wanton vandalism btw) shows guys well into their fifties, seriously football fans must be the most childish people going.

2 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

I am surprised that if several players were assaulted there is no YouTube footage yet. Not saying it didn't happen just thought with 50000 cameras there someone would have caught it. Maybe it will yet follow.

I've seen mobile phone footage on Facebook so it does exist, albeit from a distance.

2 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

I am surprised that if several players were assaulted there is no YouTube footage yet. Not saying it didn't happen just thought with 50000 cameras there someone would have caught it. Maybe it will yet follow.

'If it's not on You Tube it didn't happen.'

The spirit of ek-_mope lives on.

I'm not too sure what more the police can do at the ground, if 5,000+ fans rush on the pitch at one end how can they stop them? That side of Hampden would be quite hard to get on the pitch given there are like 3ft wire barriers in front, it was clear when fans were on the pitch the policing was fairly inadequate, no riot gear to speak of, which you see plenty of down in England, even at low level matches.