Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 30 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

11 minutes ago, derekfaejapan said:

Well done Hivs, you wanted it more than us...No complaints.

I'm the same our defence has been shaky all season, it hadn't be addressed and it cost us the game yesterday.

We need two centre half or halves. 

Edited by Larky Masher

1 hour ago, Fermer said:

Believe it or not I am.  These tears wont stop.  Its affecting everything in my life.  You are perceptive lad.  We have Rangersd it :(

We've all been there Fermer - completely understand. Just try not to take it out on others..:ok:

Any Hibs fan who crossed the halfway line into the Rangers end have no reason to be there. None of their players were at that part of the pitch and therefore a reasonable inference can be made that at the very least they were goading the opposition fans. This in itself could amount to criminal behaviour. 

As for those who ask why Rangers fand were on the pitch. If the reports are correct and players were getting attacked then self defence of another is a legal thing. Obviously some may be on looking for a fight etc but if you are looking at it from a police perspective what you have is all hibs fans over the halfway line with a case to answer, any hibs fan attacked a player with a case to answer and no defence and any rangers fan on the pitch with a possible defence in law subject to their conduct.

Ive got to say that if i was at a scotland game and i say scotland players getting attacked on the pitch i would be tempted to go and protect them.

Obviously again any rangers fan seen attacking a hibs fan nowhere near a rangers player also has no defence.

The wee Hibs lad had a lucky escape. They would have taken him back to their cave and eaten him.

Never seen a child kidnap attempt at the football before. Advantage Hibs on the moral outrage front. Rangers need some damning video evidence quick as their case is looking flimsy and weak in comparison. 

Edited by thplinth

9 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

I'm the same our defence has been shaky all season, it hadn't be addressed and it cost us the game yesterday.

We need two centre half. 

Agreed. To be honest, I'm not that bothered about losing the game...The semifinal satisfied me enough. Qualifiers for European football is something we don't need next season.

Just now, derekfaejapan said:

Agreed. To be honest, I'm not that bothered about losing the game...The semifinal satisfied me enough. Qualifiers for European football is something we don't need next season.

We would have probably have got humped by a Welsh League side so I'm happy to leave that to Hibs (if they're allowed in the competition that is).

15 minutes ago, thplinth said:

The wee Hibs lad had a lucky escape. They would have taken him back to their cave and eaten him.

Never seen a child kidnap attempt at the football before. Advantage Hibs on the moral outrage front. Rangers need some damning video evidence quick as their case is looking flimsy and weak in comparison. 

Just saw a video of a Rangers fan "punching" a horse. No doubt the child and horse were taunting and the wrong side of the half-way line.

15 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

As for those who ask why Rangers fand were on the pitch. If the reports are correct and players were getting attacked then self defence of another is a legal thing. Obviously some may be on looking for a fight etc but if you are looking at it from a police perspective what you have is all hibs fans over the halfway line with a case to answer, any hibs fan attacked a player with a case to answer and no defence and any rangers fan on the pitch with a possible defence in law subject to their conduct.

It wasn't Rangers fans "job" to protect their players, that's the police and stewards, even though they failed badly. You do realise SELF-defence is you defending yourself, i.e SELF, not Lee Wallace? "Your honour, I came onto the pitch to protect Lee Wallace after some Hibbee went for him. I managed to pagger a few of them back but that was purely in self defence of big Lee.". FFS.

Hibs fans spilling onto the pitch in celebration at the end - Understandable. Nothing to see here

Hibs fans running past their own players to taunt and goad Rangers players and staff - Unacceptable. Fine for the club and also those caught

Hibs fans physically abusing Rangers players and staff - Unacceptable. Fine for the club. Fine and possible custodial sentence for those caught

Hibs fans crossing the halfway line to goad Rangers supporters at the other end - Unacceptable. Fine for the club and also those caught

Rangers fans coming onto the pitch to face up to Hibs fans - Unacceptable. Fine for the club and also those caught.

Rangers and Hibs fans involved in fighting on the pitch - Unacceptable. Fine for both clubs and Fine and possible custodial sentence for those caught

Any physical violence after game in and around Glasgow - Fine and possible custodial sentence for those caught 

Sectarian chanting from Rangers fans during game - Fine for club

Next

Edited by Ally Bongo

8 minutes ago, phart said:

It did bump him, also not even sure if the horse felt it, more backhand slap than punch.

Custodial, if Ally Bongo's rules come into play. 

Didn't a boy get 3 months for feeding a polis horse a beefy bake, recently? 

Semi-assault on a horse must be a year in the slammer. 

5 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Pretty cruel as there's a fair chance a beefy bake contains some horse "beef".

29 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

It wasn't Rangers fans "job" to protect their players, that's the police and stewards, even though they failed badly. You do realise SELF-defence is you defending yourself, i.e SELF, not Lee Wallace? "Your honour, I came onto the pitch to protect Lee Wallace after some Hibbee went for him. I managed to pagger a few of them back but that was purely in self defence of big Lee.". FFS.

I think you will find thats exactly what it is. Self defence of another. The defence of another under attack. It matters not whether its your job or not. As long as the person only comes to the aid of big lee and then doesnt go attacking others legally he is ok.

And when trying to be smart also try and be correct. Its my lord in Scotland.

Surprised there hasn't been ratings for each team yet. 

Hibs

Fans sprint ability: 6

Getitupyeability: 10

Drop kicks: 0

Players decked: 6

Sevco

Vocal talent: 8

Reactions: 10

Playing the victim card: 10

Barrier Vaulting: 6

On balance it's fair to say Rangers are winners during the unanticipated extra time. 

24 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

And when trying to be smart also try and be correct. Its my lord in Scotland.

This isn't actually correct either. Depends who is presiding and what kind of court it is.....

I think Rangers and Hibs will get fines, Hibs definitely higher. Although as it Was neutral venue this might not happen. End of day the clubs can't exactly control fans at a neutral venue.

hibs to get a closed doors match in cup or league is a shoe in.

16 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

This isn't actually correct either. Depends who is presiding and what kind of court it is.....

Well actually it is. The only court where your honour is used is the jp court and an offence of this nature isnt allowed to be heard in a jp court. 

Getting off topic though. I am purely pointing out that some Rangers fans may have a legal defence for being on the pitch as plently have asked why they were there. In reality id expect the vast majority to be on the pitch for other reasons and they should be dealt with accordingly.

50 minutes ago, OLAS said:

There was a boy nicked, but not charged a couple if years back in Englandshire for asking a polis if his horse was gay.